Extralarge - proof MV could continue w/out DJ?

Boca Raton

I’m watching Extralarge a tv series that ran for 2 seasons (1991-1993) with PMT and tons of MV extras.

so I’m having so much fun with this series that I truly believe MV could’ve gone into the 90’s even without DJ.

anyone else seen this?

• Like 1

Despite not having seen the series before, I'm not sure... DJ was absent in some episodes of S5 and it just wasn't the same without him. You could feel one person was missing.

• Like 1

@summer84 I revisited Borasca the other night for one of my rare season 5 deviations. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would, but there was indeed quite a missing wheel without Sonny. 

I’m genuinely intrigued about this “Extralarge” show, though!

Edited by Dadrian
  • Like 1

I had to buy the DVD set off eBay from some Czech seller. The DVDs are fairly easy to find on amazon too but one by one not the whole set.

They are region 0- however some DVD players have trouble playing them 

Yeah, it's not really a season I watch either. The Vice team started to fall apart with Crockett going on his "adventures" alone and likewise with Tubbs. Like with the episode "The cell Within." :)

I'm also very interested about the "Extra Large" show! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Boca Raton said:

I had to buy the DVD set off eBay from some Czech seller. The DVDs are fairly easy to find on amazon too but one by one not the whole set.

They are region 0- however some DVD players have trouble playing them 

I found full episodes on YouTube, but the audio is overdubbed to foreign launguages on both those and nearly every other video on YouTube (USA). Also, the production value looks extremely low budget. I would still be interested in watching it, though, if I could find at least the first episode in English audio. 

• Like 1

"Made For Each Other" is a damned good stand alone that DJ made absolutely (0) NO contribution to at all.

latest?cb=20111010081912

Noogie "This is spossed to be a police operation, not a sequel to Roots".  Funny as hell!!!

hqdefault.jpg

228974.jpg

6ddad8f3b44680ce3b9327186c589ba5.jpg

RIP Charlie you truly were one of a kind bro.

Edited by PalmTree
  • Like 1

I could only find Italian and some German versions of this show on YouTube. None with English audio. No luck elsewhere either. Except for one episode on some streaming site. It was nice to see some Miami/MV places though.

Edited by summer84
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Boca Raton said:

I’m watching Extralarge a tv series that ran for 2 seasons (1991-1993) with PMT and tons of MV extras.

so I’m having so much fun with this series that I truly believe MV could’ve gone into the 90’s even without DJ.

anyone else seen this?

Miami Vice could never last without Sonny Crockett! :thumbsdown:

• Like 2

On 3/4/2018 at 6:53 PM, Tony D. said:

Miami Vice could never last without Sonny Crockett! :thumbsdown:

LOL I love the other characters but am sure I would never watch it if Sonny was gone!

• Haha 1

• Administrators

The entire show revolved around Crockett right from the beginning.  Sorry, no Crockett, no "Miami Vice"!  

• Like 5

On 3/6/2018 at 8:38 PM, Ferrariman said:

The entire show revolved around Crockett right from the beginning.  Sorry, no Crockett, no "Miami Vice"!  

Yeah I guess I agree.

however after MV season 2 the fun was gone.

“Extralarge”  is like MV but the fun is back. Also there has to be a stock pile of extras /actors because they recycle all the MV co-stars on Extralarge.

I live in South Florida/USA and I bought the DVD set on eBay (it has an English language track) .

5697BF4D-7478-469B-835B-30B371B1D64E.MOV

Edited by Boca Raton

I think the writing was already on the wall, hence DJ’s reaching for other avenues. 

Edited by Dadrian
  • Like 1

• Administrators
On 3/13/2018 at 12:19 AM, Dadrian said:

I think the writing was already on the wall, hence DJ’s reaching for other avenues. 

I had read or heard somewhere that DJ had the juice to keep the show going if he wanted but obviously he didn't. I think after season 5 (with no Jan Hammer!) that was a wise move.

• Like 2

Ratings were really low at that point and I believe DJ also wanted to move on to other things. 

The low ratings already started in Season 3, with changes in timeslot and Miami Vice not being able to compete against Dallas.

Despite of trying to recapture some of the magic from the first 2 seasons in the fourth season it only went downwards for the show. 

Edited by summer84
  • Like 1

From the episodes I checked out of the series Extralarge on YouTube, I only saw a few Miami Vice guest stars featured. One of them was the judge from" Brother's Keeper" reprising his role as a judge. They filmed almost a similar scene to the one in "Lend me an ear," where Bud Spencer chases a guy in a speedboat and they guy lands from the river on to a street.  We get to see Miami from other angles than how they were shot on MV. Also I liked the fun theme song by Amii Stewart. 

• Like 1

On 3/6/2018 at 7:01 PM, airtommy said:

Apparently this was an Italian TV series:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extralarge

Thanks for sharing this. Seems this actor Bud (his nom de guerre) or Extralarge  is Italian and has  a long history with one Terence Hill, also an Italian who starred in some memorable spaghetti westerns back in the day. I've never seen this 2 season series but appears PMT is only in S1 according to the Wikia comments. 

Edited by Sonny-Burnett
  • Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 8:23 PM, Boca Raton said:

Yeah I guess I agree.

however after MV season 2 the fun was gone.

“Extralarge”  is like MV but the fun is back. Also there has to be a stock pile of extras /actors because they recycle all the MV co-stars on Extralarge.

I live in South Florida/USA and I bought the DVD set on eBay (it has an English language track) .

5697BF4D-7478-469B-835B-30B371B1D64E.MOV

I feel very differently..............I enjoyed MV right up to Season 5 and only found 3 or 4 episodes to be not up to the former ones.

Speaking of Season 5: 

Last night I watched a couple of episodes I haven’t watched in at least 10 years!

Line of Fire: Mostly unbelievable story, but still somehow mostly enjoyable. Good performances by DJ and PMT. :thumbsup:

Asian Cut:  “Under the Milky Way” is one of my favorite recordings ever, and it really goes well with those scenes. Trudy looks amazing. :fireworks: