Crockett’s henley shirts - and where to find them

BunMVO

I have a question for all you more experienced Vicers. I am still working on my Miami Vice clothing collection and I have run into a major roadblock. I know many of the styles are getting more difficult to come by, but even after exhaustive searching for months on end, I have not been able to find pastel henley shirts like ones Crockett wears. I can’t find pink, yellow, or peach, to be specific. You can find three-button, short-sleeve henleys, but they ALWAYS seem to have that “heathered” fabric texture, which I don’t like, and wouldn’t be authentic to the show’s style either.

Spring is a afoot, and I’m getting ready to bust out the pastels. So if you guys have had any luck finding shirts in that style, please let me know where I can find them.

I’m always on the lookout for these, also. I’ve never found a particular “source” for them, but just came across them here and there—usually when I’m not looking for them. I have a mint-green one I found at Target that was long-sleeved. I had it made into a short-sleeve shirt. 

2CA08C4B-A97F-4AF5-A8AF-7ABE7ECD1235.jpeg

• Administrators

I actually ran across them at my local Walmart and Bells a few years back. I'll have to look for them again.  Nice pic, but where's the Ebel watch? :)

Same here....found them several years ago at Wal-mart, as someone from this site tipped us off that they were available. Think I picked up 5 or 6 colors. 

A few years ago I found peach henleys on belk.com.  That was during a close out sale.  I bought two and really enjoy wearing them. 

• Like 1

If you go to the Forum page and using the Search Box type in "Henley" you will see a number of threads that talk about sourcing for Henleys. H&M and Hollister are mentioned as are others such as here:

On 3/6/2018 at 7:38 PM, Vicefan7777 said:

A few years ago I found peach henleys on belk.com.  That was during a close out sale.  I bought two and really enjoy wearing them. 

Thank you SO much for the Belk recommendation. I found a shirt in “coral”, short-sleeve, three-button henley. It looks so rad and I can’t wait to get it in the mail.

04A7FB96-98DF-499B-AD2E-DAB41FC4B46D.jpeg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, pmconroy said:

Thank you SO much for the Belk recommendation. I found a shirt in “coral”, short-sleeve, three-button henley. It looks so rad and I can’t wait to get it in the mail.

04A7FB96-98DF-499B-AD2E-DAB41FC4B46D.jpeg

You are very welcome.  So glad I could help a fellow Vicer. 

• Administrators

As Dadrian said - There's no set place. You just gotta shop around and you'll occasionally find them at random stores. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
6 hours ago, Marc said:

I'll always associate the henley collar with Dexter, it was basically his kill outfit in every episode.

dexkill-main.jpg

More like his combat or stealth outfit. It's how he dressed whenever breaking and entering, or abducting people.

His kill outfit added another layer of clothing (like sort of overalls?), and the inclusion of surgical gloves, long sleeves, boots, all so he doesn't get a single spot of blood on his clothes. 

DEX.jpg

34037_4.jpg?1479434066

I found some Henley's available on Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/Henley-Sleeve-TShirt-Buttons-Purple/dp/B01CHC261Y/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1521787653&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=MTL%2BApparel%2BMens%2BHenley%2BShort%2BSleeve%2Bwith%2B3%2BButtons%2B-%2BAssorted%2BColors&th=1). They're called MTL Apparel Men's Henley shirts. They have 3 buttons and they're short sleeved. They also have them in a variety of colors, including a color called vintage blue heather which looks like it kinda matches the blue Henley's Crockett wore, it's not in pastel, but it's still somewhat close to it (at least to me). I actually plan on buying my Henleys from here on Amazon (if they have them in my size). I got them in my wishlist. Hope this helps ya! ;) 

Edited by Retro80sfan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 14/03/2018 at 4:43 PM, Vicefan7777 said:

You are very welcome.  So glad I could help a fellow Vicer. 

Nice color -reminds of Season 2:hippie::cheers:

On 3/23/2018 at 2:53 AM, Retro80sfan said:

I found some Henley's available on Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/Henley-Sleeve-TShirt-Buttons-Purple/dp/B01CHC261Y/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1521787653&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=MTL%2BApparel%2BMens%2BHenley%2BShort%2BSleeve%2Bwith%2B3%2BButtons%2B-%2BAssorted%2BColors&th=1). They're called MTL Apparel Men's Henley shirts. They have 3 buttons and they're short sleeved. They also have them in a variety of colors, including a color called vintage blue heather which looks like it kinda matches the blue Henley's Crockett wore, it's not in pastel, but it's still somewhat close to it (at least to me). I actually plan on buying my Henleys from here on Amazon (if they have them in my size). I got them in my wishlist. Hope this helps ya! ;) 

I just ordered the aqua one. I’ll post a review when it arrives. :thumbsup:

On 3/23/2018 at 1:53 AM, Retro80sfan said:

I have in fact seen this one. I just am very picky and I refuse to wear anything with that heathered texture, especially to complete the Crockett look; I don't think he ever wore that texture, just solid, probably cotton usually, sometimes striped, henley shirts.

17 minutes ago, pmconroy said:

I have in fact seen this one. I just am very picky and I refuse to wear anything with that heathered texture, especially to complete the Crockett look; I don't think he ever wore that texture, just solid, probably cotton usually, sometimes striped, henley shirts.

I think there are some color choices in that link that aren’t heathered. :thumbsup:

Edited by Dadrian

1 hour ago, pmconroy said:

I don't think he did either. When I looked at the picture of the vintage blue heather, I thought that it was one of the colors that looks like the pastel blue from the show (at least in the picture), I never really thought about the texture. I thought that the term 'heather' meant that it was part of the color name.

Edited by Retro80sfan

1 hour ago, Dadrian said:

I think there are some color choices in that link that aren’t heathered. :thumbsup:

I think so too. Like black or aqua or some of the other blue choices.

Okay so my shirt came in yesterday. I really love it. The “heather” is really faint, and the dye is very saturated, so it just looks like a solid color (except you can barely see the heather up close). 

It fits great, and the material is that thin, stretchy feel that looks very similar to the ones worn on screen in the first two seasons. 

I will definitely try some other colors, and I recommend this aqua color to anyone here! :thumbsup:

Somebody tell Coop there’s a headless guy on here! :) 

note: the color turned out a little bluer than in person. It’s slightly more turquoise-like than it appears below, but not “green” by any measure. It really looks just like the one Crockett wears. The second picture is more like the true shade. 

20964739-03AA-40F4-8527-81B01857510E.jpeg

5476EDAD-DE28-41D4-9AD2-9631296D77E7.jpeg

• Like 3

On 4/1/2018 at 4:56 PM, Dadrian said:

Okay so my shirt came in yesterday. I really love it. The “heather” is really faint, and the dye is very saturated, so it just looks like a solid color (except you can barely see the heather up close). 

It fits great, and the material is that thin, stretchy feel that looks very similar to the ones worn on screen in the first two seasons. 

I will definitely try some other colors, and I recommend this aqua color to anyone here! :thumbsup:

Somebody tell Coop there’s a headless guy on here! :) 

note: the color turned out a little bluer than in person. It’s slightly more turquoise-like than it appears below, but not “green” by any measure. It really looks just like the one Crockett wears. The second picture is more like the true shade. 

20964739-03AA-40F4-8527-81B01857510E.jpeg

5476EDAD-DE28-41D4-9AD2-9631296D77E7.jpeg

That's pretty nice, and you're right. The heathered texture really isn't that bad or noticeable. I might have to consider picking a few up. Worst that could happen is just having to return them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1