That Epic Mural at Tommy’s Garage

Dadrian

new images or not we are talking of the 80s. it's not totally impossible, but you gotta be real lucky to find a resolution big enough to fit a wall. I hope i'm wrong. but i'm afraid pahonu scored a point there. this being said maybe you can find photoshop experts that for a few bucks will upscale the image for you, and fix the imperfections. you can find absolutely anything on the web lol

I would be really impressed if something that large is accomplished from a small image.  I don’t know what’s out there in terms of software programs that can smooth out pixelization, but it seems like a pretty big reach.  Good luck though.  I’d love to see it happen. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

apparently these is no ad like usually seen on car garages. do you think it's realistic. could it be possible that a car mechanic reputation is so good, the assets he/she works on are so exclusive/rare that he/she doesn't need any advertisement

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
12 hours ago, pahonu said:

I hope it doesn’t look like that!  While the image is good, the size and placement on the shirt is very awkward. 

I will provide an update on the restored image soon! Would be amazing if Rick could make some finishing touches to the high resolution image as well :)

• Like 1

Sorry to be critical. ;(  It is a really cool image.  Sometimes those large rectangular ones look better on the back.  When it gets too close to the armpit area on the front, it never looks right and is almost always wrinkled when worn.  A buddy of mine did silk screening years ago, and I picked up a few things.  I’m no expert though.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

Almost a year later, I hereby proudly present to you the final product. Please find below the restored, high resolution image of Rick Garcia's "One Way Ticket" mural!

@Dadrian: Please feel free to share these images with Rick. I would be happy to receive any feedback from him on any potential details that I might have missed!

The image is restored by me using screenshots of the episode, stitches of old images, as well as applying AI technology on certain details.

Enjoy, and happy holidays! :xmas:

Mural-original.jpg

Mural-original-rickandrobin.jpg

Download link: https://postimg.cc/VJnhs6Rk
Download link: https://postimg.cc/BjRFqTgd

Edited by Paul K.
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

A buddy of mine spotted this custom rendition today of the "One Way Ticket" mural in a Facebook group.

Definitely a cool take on the original! Thought it was worth sharing :cool:

WhatsAppImage2024-03-08at11_14.34(1).thumb.jpeg.56f66a2bd59292e370c0a17ea4915f1c.jpeg

WhatsAppImage2024-03-08at11_14_34.thumb.jpeg.29bc012f7d03ed7bd8b77fa43ec695ee.jpeg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Paul K. said:

A buddy of mine spotted this custom rendition today of the "One Way Ticket" mural in a Facebook group.

Definitely a cool take on the original! Thought it was worth sharing :cool:

WhatsAppImage2024-03-08at11_14.34(1).thumb.jpeg.56f66a2bd59292e370c0a17ea4915f1c.jpeg

WhatsAppImage2024-03-08at11_14_34.thumb.jpeg.29bc012f7d03ed7bd8b77fa43ec695ee.jpeg

The background colors with the buildings and palm trees reminds me of the cardboard backgrounds from the Miami Vice Speed City slot car set.

• Like 2