New Miami Vice fashion store

BunMVO

Hi guys. I have some news. After many months of scouring the internet for everything Vice and only finding things here and there, I decided to start an online store where I can sell Vicey items to fellow Vicers. I have put together some products to begin with that are very Vice-like, but I'm adding more every day. I'm starting with a Crockett collection...depending on what success I have, I may add more collections (Castillo collection would just be a black suit and tie, haha!)

It seems like lots of people here have wished that there was a place that would have everything Vice in the way of clothing. Well, now there is a place. I named it Tropiflori - "Tropical Florida". (I just visited Miami for the first time, and let me tell you, it IS tropical.) I hope you all enjoy, I know it's not polished yet, but it's a start. I hope to start my own fashion line one day inspired directly by Miami Vice and bring back the style - this is the first step.

https://tropiflori.myshopify.com/

Edited by pmconroy
I don't mean to solicit. I just wanted to get the word out to you guys, who I know will find it cool.
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

That's actually a really great idea. Kind of wish I thought of it. :) 

Wish you luck! 

Are they like affiliate links, so you get a cut of any sales? People have made businesses out of posting items like this on Shopify. :thumbsup:

Just now, James said:

That's actually a really great idea. Kind of wish I thought of it. :) 

Wish you luck! 

Are they like affiliate links, so you get a cut of any sales? People have made businesses out of posting items like this on Shopify. :thumbsup:

That's precisely what it is. In theory, I paid the price I list, and then I ship the item from a third-party seller. I do have to mark it up a little bit, though. I'm hoping that what I can do is by profiting from this, I can start my own fashion line to revive the Miami Vice style. It's a pretty heavy task but one I'd be happy to work at. So it's as much as an investment in the future of Vice as anything. :D

• Like 1

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, pmconroy said:

That's precisely what it is. In theory, I paid the price I list, and then I ship the item from a third-party seller. I do have to mark it up a little bit, though. I'm hoping that what I can do is by profiting from this, I can start my own fashion line to revive the Miami Vice style. It's a pretty heavy task but one I'd be happy to work at. So it's as much as an investment in the future of Vice as anything. :D

That's really cool, good luck with it all! 

On the subject of a Vice fashion line, I swear I was talking to another member (Detective_Vice) about this like a year ago. :)  I wouldn't know where to begin though, where do you find a factory in China to make custom clothing... 

Very nice work, it looks pretty cool ! :thumbsup:

I was wondering what is the little "service ribbon" on the pink jacket ?

I used to have one of these nice white blazers, don't know where it's gone !

4 minutes ago, Kalwynn said:

Very nice work, it looks pretty cool ! :thumbsup:

I was wondering what is the little "service ribbon" on the pink jacket ?

I used to have one of these nice white blazers, don't know where it's gone !

Service ribbon? Oh, that's a pocket square in the first picture. It's not part of the jacket.

And you're right, the white linen blazer is the quintessential piece of any Vicer's wardrobe!

5 minutes ago, Buddy Love said:

Great idea. Hope it works out for you!

This site constantly reassures me i’m not the only one who likes this style :D

Thanks! It will take some time I think. And you're certainly right. It see this is your first post. Were you just lurking before? :)

41 minutes ago, pmconroy said:

Thanks! It will take some time I think. And you're certainly right. It see this is your first post. Were you just lurking before? :)

Yup, for a little while. Will get going more now!

Very Vice idea. For the longest time, ebay has been my go-to for all things Vice (I actually spent about an hour on there yesterday looking for some henleys and shorts). Though I gotta say, when I go to Florida to visit my parents (they're about an hour or so north of Miami), I noticed that a lot of dept. stores sell a lot of Vice inspired looking clothes. Even suits have salmon, pink, orange, yellow, and of course white colors.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, TylerDurden389 said:

Very Vice idea. For the longest time, ebay has been my go-to for all things Vice (I actually spent about an hour on there yesterday looking for some henleys and shorts). Though I gotta say, when I go to Florida to visit my parents (they're about an hour or so north of Miami), I noticed that a lot of dept. stores sell a lot of Vice inspired looking clothes. Even suits have salmon, pink, orange, yellow, and of course white colors.

You’re right about that. Although I didn’t see anyone wearing the exact look on anyone, I did see a lot of pastel shades and tropical sort of stuff.

Also, does anyone have any suggestions for this store? It’s tough to get started. I’m going to mark down the prices a bit today later on. I want to make this happen.

32 minutes ago, TylerDurden389 said:

Oh also, you’re right. I’ve scored lots of nice pieces on eBay. I even got a pair of lavender linen pants from Ralph Lauren that look like the ones in Definitely Miami at the end where he meets Ted Nugent and the beach walk scene. I wear it with the green henley and white jacket, looks really good.

• Administrators
9 hours ago, pmconroy said:

Also, does anyone have any suggestions for this store? It’s tough to get started. I’m going to mark down the prices a bit today later on. I want to make this happen.

Check out AliExpress for blazers. I've seen some thin-material deconstructed blazers on there. I think "summer blazer" is the correct search keyword.

And look for some pastel henley t-shirts. Don't know where you'd find them though lol.

On 5/23/2018 at 5:09 AM, Vicefan7777 said:

I must admit this is a cool idea.  I wish you well and great success. 

I agree a great idea and I also wish you the best success!

On 5/20/2018 at 12:34 PM, Matt5 said:

They look good - good call with the hoops.

Good luck with all this, man. If only someone from the original wardrobe unit was contactable for all those extra details.

Fantastic idea man. I usually opt for Zara jackets and t-shirts to stay Vice. H&M aint bad either when it comes to t-shirts, but now ill keep my eye on this page of your's :thumbsup: Can this merchandise be shipped to Europe aswell ?

4 hours ago, Crockett Theme said:

These are great :)

On 6/4/2018 at 10:19 AM, Crockett Theme said:

Good idea. I'm not into the drawstring, though.

I'm currently trying to figure this all out. I've had visitors to the site, but no purchases. I'm gonna have to change it up a bit if I wanna continue on with it. Or change the idea. Maybe I'll just change it to a retro-clothing store. I don't know.

Any internet entrepreneurs with some valuable advice? It would be much appreciated!

On 6/1/2018 at 7:01 AM, ViceofEstonia said:

Fantastic idea man. I usually opt for Zara jackets and t-shirts to stay Vice. H&M aint bad either when it comes to t-shirts, but now ill keep my eye on this page of your's :thumbsup: Can this merchandise be shipped to Europe aswell ?

I can have it shipped anywhere. And thanks!

• Administrators
2 hours ago, pmconroy said:

Good idea. I'm not into the drawstring, though.

I'm currently trying to figure this all out. I've had visitors to the site, but no purchases. I'm gonna have to change it up a bit if I wanna continue on with it. Or change the idea. Maybe I'll just change it to a retro-clothing store. I don't know.

Any internet entrepreneurs with some valuable advice? It would be much appreciated!

Maybe nobody is interested in those specific products, or the prices?

Just keep adding more stuff, and try to find something a bit cheaper. 

Have you posted the link on the Miami Vice Reddit page too?

42 minutes ago, James said:

Maybe nobody is interested in those specific products, or the prices?

Just keep adding more stuff, and try to find something a bit cheaper. 

Have you posted the link on the Miami Vice Reddit page too?

It unfortunately seems like no one in interested. I need to adjust the prices, too.

You're right. I'll keep adding stuff and maybe try to find cheaper stuff. I'll post it on Reddit, I just have looked there before and it seemed very inactive.

• Administrators
7 hours ago, pmconroy said:

It unfortunately seems like no one in interested. I need to adjust the prices, too.

You're right. I'll keep adding stuff and maybe try to find cheaper stuff. I'll post it on Reddit, I just have looked there before and it seemed very inactive.

Doesn't matter whether it's inactive, you want the traffic and Reddit itself has a lot of it. Worth a try. The more places you post it, the more people are going to visit it. 

12 hours ago, James said:

Doesn't matter whether it's inactive, you want the traffic and Reddit itself has a lot of it. Worth a try. The more places you post it, the more people are going to visit it. 

Good point. I just have to finish up changing the whole thing first.