New Jan Hammer content

Party_car1

Hello all . Just in case nobody knows about this , Jan Hammer is starting ( or started ) a Facebook page , has a YouTube channel in the works and is releasing another Miami Vice album which contains stuff we've already heard and about 4 previously unreleased tracks . Details below:

First up, due to frequent fan requests over the years, Jan Hammer will finally be stepping into the 21st Century with the creation of an Official Facebook Page where he will be posting on an ongoing basis. You can check it out at:

https://www.facebook.com/OfficialJanHammer/

We are also very excited to announce the creation of the all-new Official Jan Hammer YouTube Channel.  It is a growing work in progress which will quickly become the definitive Jan Hammer "videopedia".  There will be regular additions of audio and video, both new and old, popular and rare, and even complete albums.

Subscribers to the channel will have the added advantage of being notified when there are exciting new additions and maybe a special announcement or two.  You can find Jan's official YouTube channel at:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtb1SfrMvGayeYGQdf-PWhg

Lastly, we are pleased to announce the addition of a new anthology,Miami Vice Special Edition, to the music streaming universe. This 32 track digital-only release will allow fans to stream music from the landmark television series on YouTube and elsewhere. It will feature all of the great Miami Vice classics, and you might even find some previously unreleased music in there was well.

We have been posting tracks from Miami Vice Special Edition to Jan's official YouTube channel on a daily basis and will continue to do so over the next few days until the compilation is complete.

For those of you on Spotify, Miami Vice Special Edition is now available for streaming and, if you are interested in purchasing the album as a digital download, you can find it on CD Baby here:

https://store.cdbaby.com/Search/amFuIGhhbW1lcg%3d%3d/0

• Like 2

I’d posted this earlier, but the more the merrier! :thumbsup:

Edited by Dadrian
  • Like 1

I still haven't got the hang of this site . Before I posted all of that , I looked over the news and information to see if it had been reported.  Hate to post stuff others have already posted . I didn't see anything . Maybe I wasn't looking in the right thread . My bad .

On Jan's new Miami Vice special edition there seem to be two previously unreleased VICE tracks: Little Havana and The Kick. Can be bought online at 0.95 per track.

15 minutes ago, Tom said:

On Jan's new Miami Vice special edition there seem to be two previously unreleased VICE tracks: Little Havana and The Kick. Can be bought online at 0.95 per track.

Which seems to be the best course of action since everything else is already out there .

Just listened to Little Havana on Hammer's Youtube.page. Cool track but not from VICE but a new composition in Vice style.

• Like 1

Great news and good timing now also with the MV reboot and all. I'm definitely interested in checking out anything MV related from JH and will check out the new YT site.

Edited by summer84

Haven't heard anything from the album . Although I have heard South Beach , I can't for the life of me remember that track on the show .

3 hours ago, Party_car1 said:

I still haven't got the hang of this site . Before I posted all of that , I looked over the news and information to see if it had been reported.  Hate to post stuff others have already posted . I didn't see anything . Maybe I wasn't looking in the right thread . My bad .

No worries! Just glad the word is out. 

15 minutes ago, Party_car1 said:

Haven't heard anything from the album . Although I have heard South Beach , I can't for the life of me remember that track on the show .

Wasn’t on there. The drums were though. In the car chase on Calderone’s Return Pt 2

Edited by Dadrian

Just listening to Angelina Flashback on Jan's YT site. Simply love this theme! Amazing! :happy: :radio:

Incoming sounds somewhat familiar (at least the intro before the guitar sound) and yet new, but I don't recall maybe something from S3?

Edited by summer84
  • Like 1

There are some sounds he added to the 2004 release on this and many other tracks on that set. 

Edited by Dadrian
  • Like 1

vor 7 Stunden schrieb Party_car1:

This track was never on the show but was a bonus track on another Hammer album.

1 hour ago, Tom said:

This track was never on the show but was a bonus track on another Hammer album.

Yes the Best of Miami Vice - Jan Hammer album from 2004 in line for the show’s 20th anniversary. At the time Hammer said he wrote it for the show but it just sounds very different to the other stuff he wrote from 1984-87.

3 hours ago, Matt5 said:

Yes the Best of Miami Vice - Jan Hammer album from 2004 in line for the show’s 20th anniversary. At the time Hammer said he wrote it for the show but it just sounds very different to the other stuff he wrote from 1984-87.

So how I understood Jan wrote some of these pieces for the show featured in the 2004 release and now added in this special edition 2018, but how come they never appeared on MV? Incoming sounds great and Vice like in the intro, although after that very different from the well known sound even though Jan did create a few of those kind of pieces on the show. 

Edited by summer84

50 minutes ago, summer84 said:

So how I understood Jan wrote some of these pieces for the show featured in the 2004 release and now added in this special edition 2018, but how come they never appeared on MV? Incoming sounds great and Vice like in the intro, although after that very different from the well known sound even though Jan did create a few of those kind of pieces on the show. 

“Incoming” appeared in Miami Vice, although it did sound different to some of the other scores it still had a Hammer feel.

However Im doubtful “South Beach”, “Little Havana” and “The Kick” were unreleased from Vice days - the style and production is very different to what Jan Hammer produced from 1984-1987.

Jan Hammer, imo, would be better off producing real unreleased scores that actually appeared in Miami Vice such as “Contempt of Court”, “French Twist”, “Dorothy’s Theme “(Buddies) or “Miami Vice: New York Theme (slow version “Prodigal Son”/ “The Fix”) - all of these are complete 3+ minute scores and a lot better than these “unreleased” scores that never appeared in our show. @summer84

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Matt5 said:

“Incoming” appeared in Miami Vice, although it did sound different to some of the other scores it still had a Hammer feel.

However Im doubtful “South Beach”, “Little Havana” and “The Kick” were unreleased from Vice days - the style and production is very different to what Jan Hammer produced from 1984-1987.

Thanks Matt. I had wondered whether Incoming was a piece featured on the show, since I didn't remember it and the guitar part is very Latin sounding. But he did try out different genres. 

You mentioned Jan wrote those pieces for the show, but you're right it is very different. 

Edited by summer84

2 minutes ago, summer84 said:

Thanks Matt. I had wondered whether Incoming was a piece featured on the show, since I didn't remember it and the guitar part is very Latin sounding. But he did try out different genres. 

You mentioned Jan wrote those pieces for the show, but you're right it is very different. 

Incoming is a fine piece from the fall 1985 episode “Back In The World” directed by the star of our show.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Matt5 said:

Incoming is a fine piece from the fall 1985 episode “Back In The World” directed by the star of our show.

Great tune! Glad it was on the show! 

Edited by summer84

I just watched the episode and the guitar part of JH's tune wasn't used only the intro. The episode was fast paced and good directing by DJ, but I didn't find the storyline/plot interesting. 

Edited by summer84

6 hours ago, summer84 said:

I just watched the episode and the guitar part of JH's tune wasn't used only the intro. The episode was fast paced and good directing by DJ, but I didn't find the storyline/plot interesting. 

Yes the guitar part was added for the 2002 JH release. Thankyou for your comments Summer!:cheers:

• Thanks 1

That's great news guys. Can't wait to listen!

But let me tell you a funny story: as some of you may know, in 1989 I was asked to score a soundtrack for a documentary about underwater life (never releassed).
At that time I was totally obsessed with MV and Jan Hammer of which I was an appreciator since his days with Cobham & Mahavisnu Orchestra. I produced few demos for the production and I also had some unreleased stuff not suitable for the movie. Well, I named one of the outtakes "Little Havana Drive" because of its Cuban flavor.

Funny how JH has an unreleased  track with a similar name ;-)