New Jan Hammer content

Party_car1

5 hours ago, Matt5 said:

The Miami Vice XL tune from the same new JH Miami Vice collection - is that new or the version from 2004?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/2/2018 at 2:39 AM, summer84 said:

I just watched the episode and the guitar part of JH's tune wasn't used only the intro. The episode was fast paced and good directing by DJ, but I didn't find the storyline/plot interesting. 

I listened again to this - really great!

• Like 1

Maybe some of you already seen this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/MiamiVice/comments/8pn7ku/jan_hammer_miami_vice_theme_xl_mix_official/

Thought it was interesting, why Jan Hammer maybe hasn't released other new tracks from the show. I thought he owned all of his music from the show. But I don't really know how all that stuff works. 

Edited by summer84

14 hours ago, summer84 said:

Maybe some of you already seen this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/MiamiVice/comments/8pn7ku/jan_hammer_miami_vice_theme_xl_mix_official/

Thought it was interesting, why Jan Hammer maybe hasn't released other new tracks from the show. I thought he owned all of his music from the show. But I don't really know how all that stuff works. 

Very interesting - thanks for posting!

Yes I had read that Universal-NBC own the rights to the music and that JH  would have to  re-record to release (which he did in 2002 and 4).

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1

It would seem he could post them on YouTube with proper disclaimers, though, as do so many with material that belongs to someone else. 

I think the main thing is that he just doesn’t particularly want to. He has said that he is not nostalgic—always thinking and moving forward. I hope I’m wrong, but I don’t see him putting forth that kind of effort toward the past. 

5 hours ago, Dadrian said:

It would seem he could post them on YouTube with proper disclaimers, though, as do so many with material that belongs to someone else. 

I think the main thing is that he just doesn’t particularly want to. He has said that he is not nostalgic—always thinking and moving forward. I hope I’m wrong, but I don’t see him putting forth that kind of effort toward the past. 

Yeah, I guess, if Jan Hammer had wanted to, he would have by now. Also taken the recent digital MV special edition release for the fans in consideration. Unless, there have been other things, such as would it be profitable, copyright issues with Universal/NBC or as you said simply, that he isn't nostalgic and looking to the future. That's a lot of guessing from me. :)

Who knows, maybe he changes his mind and suprises the fans. :)  Either way, we have some great covers from you Dadrian and I'm still looking forward to your YouTube channel. :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

I appreciate that. We had a new baby about a year ago, and it really slowed my hobby down haha. It will still happen though! I work on it a little almost every day. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dadrian said:

I appreciate that. We had a new baby about a year ago, and it really slowed my hobby down haha. It will still happen though! I work on it a little almost every day. 

Look forward to the content man.:hippie:

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Very nice track, @Jerry B.! Quite reminiscient of Jan an reminds me of the tune "Reydolfos dinner"! (One of my favs)

As for "Incoming". That was already part of the 2006 release of the CC.