New Jan Hammer Album 7/20/18!

Dadrian

Okay EVERY time I start a news (info) topic, someone else starts another one, and that one becomes the thread. So here goes :) :

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Dadrian said:

Okay EVERY time I start a news (info) topic, someone else starts another one, and that one becomes the thread. So here goes :) :

I like it!

More of the new album on iTunes pre-release with snippets from each song. I can hear Season 3s “Baby Blues” theme in the newly released April as well as a variation of “Rico’s Blues” in the new Cyclone on a quick scan through. All sounds good. :hippie:

The only other MV sound I heard besides what Matt mentioned is the use of the Memorymoog pad on the “Latin Suite” snip while the acoustic guitar sound is playing. Jan used that patch from that synth on virtually every episode of MV he scored. 

• Like 1

On 6/29/2018 at 12:21 AM, Dadrian said:

The only other MV sound I heard besides what Matt mentioned is the use of the Memorymoog pad on the “Latin Suite” snip while the acoustic guitar sound is playing. Jan used that patch from that synth on virtually every episode of MV he scored. 

Overall it’s quite piano/ guitar-laden what little I can hear  and his most Vice work since “Snapshots” in 1989 omitting 2002s “Complete Collection” of course.

Is the new Jan Hammer album “Seasons” (Part 1) only released as a download as I cannot see any listing under vinyl or cd for the new album on Amazon.com or the Amazon sites in Europe? Thought odd as release is only 2.5 weeks away?.

Edited by Matt5

weel

On 6/29/2018 at 1:21 AM, Dadrian said:

well a bit technical, but intresting still. sounds promising. will definitely keep an eye on this MDLPNXf.gif

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

IT MUST BE BOUGHT!!!  With real money!!!

Even if I listen it to it one time and decide I don’t care for the songs and never listen to it again, it’s Jan Hammer’s new album!

Here’s my why:

1.  He is the creator of the greatest soundtrack to the greatest TV show of all time.  (Reason enough to drop a few dollars into the Man’s bank account.)

2.  There are numerous threads with countless posts about cajoling, praying, begging Mr. Hammer to release the still “unreleased” cues and tunes from the greatest TV show of all time in some type of “album” form.   

Which added together COULD equal...

Some way for the members of this Forum (with a capital “F”) to be a large enough, specialized enough group of buyers to get Mr. Hammer’s attention and then make the humble request for the “Final Release” (no not like in some back-alley Miami massage parlor) of those last, great bits of the greatest soundtrack from the greatest TV show ever?

Maybe it’s a pipe dream.   Maybe I used too many parentheses.  (Likely from too much Black Jack on the rocks.)   

But...

Maybe. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Marco Falcone said:

IT MUST BE BOUGHT!!!  With real money!!!

Even if I listen it to it one time and decide I don’t care for the songs and never listen to it again, it’s Jan Hammer’s new album!

Here’s my why:

1.  He is the creator of the greatest soundtrack to the greatest TV show of all time.  (Reason enough to drop a few dollars into the Man’s bank account.)

2.  There are numerous threads with countless posts about cajoling, praying, begging Mr. Hammer to release the still “unreleased” cues and tunes from the greatest TV show of all time in some type of “album” form.   

Which added together COULD equal...

Some way for the members of this Forum (with a capital “F”) to be a large enough, specialized enough group of buyers to get Mr. Hammer’s attention and then make the humble request for the “Final Release” (no not like in some back-alley Miami massage parlor) of those last, great bits of the greatest soundtrack from the greatest TV show ever?

Maybe it’s a pipe dream.   Maybe I used too many parentheses.  (Likely from too much Black Jack on the rocks.)   

But...

Maybe. 

Great post and YES!

So tomorrow is the day 7/20... I cannot see anywhere, amazon.com, European amazon sites, amazon Japan, a physical cd or vinyl release for this album. Looks like it’s only a digital release / streaming. 

I wonder why that is ? Costs?:radio:

1 hour ago, Matt5 said:

So tomorrow is the day 7/20... I cannot see anywhere, amazon.com, European amazon sites, amazon Japan, a physical cd or vinyl release for this album. Looks like it’s only a digital release / streaming. 

I wonder why that is ? Costs?:radio:

From what I've learned apparently the CD is going to first be available at Amazon on 20th July. Looking forward to hearing all of the tunes! :radio:

7 minutes ago, summer84 said:

From what I've learned apparently the CD is going to first be available at Amazon on 20th July. Looking forward to hearing all of the tunes! :radio:

Really @summer84 I can’t find anything for a CD on the Amazon sites? Only digital release.

51 minutes ago, Matt5 said:

Really @summer84 I can’t find anything for a CD on the Amazon sites? Only digital release.

Someone mentioned it on YT. I guess, we'll have to wait and see. 

• Administrators

Just listened to the sample clips of the album and the tune "April" is easily recognizable as the main theme from the season 3 episode "Baby Blues"

• Like 1

• Administrators

I listened to it on Spotify, it is distinctively Jan Hammer and has his signature sound all over it, but I personally didn't enjoy it much, at least not as much as I expected to. Felt like something was missing. A few songs were good though, I saved them to another playlist. 

Not sure if it's something I'd listen to in full again though. 

• Like 1

On 7/19/2018 at 11:42 PM, summer84 said:

YouTube. 

Yes is now being sold and is back in stock on amazon after selling out yesterday. $12.03

95E2B3F8-B432-4A96-ADA2-2752E90429CE.jpeg

9 hours ago, James said:

I listened to it on Spotify, it is distinctively Jan Hammer and has his signature sound all over it, but I personally didn't enjoy it much, at least not as much as I expected to. Felt like something was missing. A few songs were good though, I saved them to another playlist. 

Not sure if it's something I'd listen to in full again though. 

Same here. I listened to the samples of the tunes on Amazon. I was mostly interested because of the MV sound/vibe. And yes there are some good tunes. With a part 1, who knows maybe there will be a part 2 album? 

I wonder if the CD would have liner notes and/or photos. If someone here gets a CD please let me know. 

8 hours ago, Dadrian said:

I wonder if the CD would have liner notes and/or photos. If someone here gets a CD please let me know. 

I’ve ordered the Cd version there is a slight delay as cd version sold out on amazon. com and some reputable eBay sellers have the new version for around $15.

For an album as important as this it’s nice to have an “in-hand” copy and there is no mention at all of a vinyl release. I notice the album is released by Country and Eastern Music they released Snapshots 1.2 by JH in 2000 as well as The Complete Collection by JH in 2002 and Best of Miami Vice JH album in 2004.

-so far I like what I hear of this album - some really Miami Vice sounding tunes.

Edited by Matt5