Just got Miami Vice on Blu-Ray!

Assasinge

3 hours ago, Kladdagh said:

you are certainly right @Assasinge ... Too bad the series was not edited in europe yet ... =( 

Not edited in Europe? I'm out of the loop, what happened there?

47 minutes ago, Assasinge said:

Not edited in Europe? I'm out of the loop, what happened there?

My mistake ...

Of course we have the DVDs ... But ... Still no bluerays editions ... what a shame ... 

• Administrators
12 hours ago, Kladdagh said:

My mistake ...

Of course we have the DVDs ... But ... Still no bluerays editions ... what a shame ... 

Fabulous Films released the Bluray for Region 2 a while ago. It's the version I have. Region 2 is all of UK, Europe, Africa, and Oceania.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01MFC5GBK

I'd like to share my random thoughts of Blu-Ray set here. Me and most of us have watched MV with many different kind of equipments over the years; analog tv in the 80's and 90's, vhs, bigger analog tv's, dvd's... I bought new Sony 55" 4K tv this spring which is connected to 4K BD player that scales normal BD's to 4K, so.. even though I've seen all these episodes many, many times, I'm now noticing things I've never noticed before ,all the time. I'm amased how often somebody who is not Don Johnson is playing Crockett. Numerous episodes in season 4 and 5 (and also earlier seasons) there is Don Johnson look like sitting in the office or where ever and I'm not talking about any stunts or hectic situations. For example, check out the beginning of The Miracle Man episode, we only see Don Johnson on close-ups. It is this other guy sitting in the Ferrari, walking,.. and this is happening all the time.. we still have our real Tubbs there so we can only guess why is not DJ there. And other things like.. On episode Out where the buses don't run when Crockett, Tubbs and Hank Weldon are driving with boat through the wall of wooden boat shelter you can super clearly see camera crew there with sunshade and camera. And right after that you can watch all three of them laughing their asses off.

Now more than ever I think that Don Johnsons screen charisma and thick hair carried the show a lot and it's more obvious on bad episodes of later seasons. I mean, this guy can act and be funny even if the material and directing was just dreadful.

Picture quality is decent, sometimes better, sometimes worse but audio is better than ever.. dialogues and music sounds good. You can here the room echoes of OCB. I think this box is worth having but It is not perfect as discussed here before. I live in Europe but I have the US version and region free player. EU versio is missing original 2.0 audio so it's big NO to me!

Edited by White Ferrari
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, White Ferrari said:

Numerous episodes in season 4 and 5 (and also earlier seasons) there is Don Johnson look like sitting in the office or where ever and I'm not talking about any stunts or hectic situations. For example, check out the beginning of The Miracle Man episode, we only see Don Johnson on close-ups. It is this other guy sitting in the Ferrari, walking,.. and this is happening all the time.. we still have our real Tubbs there so we can only guess why is not DJ there.

I remember a scene from S5 where C&Ts enter a house at night and it's shot all silhouetted to try and hide that it's DJ's stunt double and then they got DJ to dub in dialogue afterwards even though it's clearly not him xD

..And then occasionally it's the other way around like at end of Down for the count II where we see DJ with a random black dude pretending to be Tubbs:D

i'd like to buy it. but i'm totally lost with these 4k and other compatibility issues. so let's say i buy the fabulous films version. which player should i buy. knowing, if i buy it it will be for MV only, and i watch most of my movies on PC, and i live in France. and also i don't want an internal reader, but an external one

5 hours ago, Vincent Hanna said:

I remember a scene from S5 where C&Ts enter a house at night and it's shot all silhouetted to try and hide that it's DJ's stunt double and then they got DJ to dub in dialogue afterwards even though it's clearly not him xD

..And then occasionally it's the other way around like at end of Down for the count II where we see DJ with a random black dude pretending to be Tubbs:D

These occasions shook me to the core:wuerg:

1 hour ago, jpm1 said:

i'd like to buy it. but i'm totally lost with these 4k and other compatibility issues. so let's say i buy the fabulous films version. which player should i buy. knowing, if i buy it it will be for MV only, and i watch most of my movies on PC, and i live in France. and also i don't want an internal reader, but an external one

Sorry if I confused you, pal. Just buy regular Blu-Ray player if you are fine with 5.1 sound :radar:

• Like 1

you didn't confuse me, i'm just totally ignorant regarding blu-ray. concerning 5.1 sound, i believe i need an appropriate sound system right. i have a 2.1 on my PC right now. ok, i'll check that fabulous thing, and if they have french subtitles, i'll go for it :thumbsup:

edit: Fabulous films has zero subtitlle. @Assasinge can you tell me if there's any subtitles in Mill creek version

Edited by jpm1

6 hours ago, jpm1 said:

you didn't confuse me, i'm just totally ignorant regarding blu-ray. concerning 5.1 sound, i believe i need an appropriate sound system right. i have a 2.1 on my PC right now. ok, i'll check that fabulous thing, and if they have french subtitles, i'll go for it :thumbsup:

edit: Fabulous films has zero subtitlle. @Assasinge can you tell me if there's any subtitles in Mill creek version

No there ain’t. If you really need subtitles, your only option is Universal DVD’s.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jpm1 said:

ok thx. so no blu-ray for me, for now

Shame - hopefully the French version will be available soon for you. :hippie:

• Like 2

I'd give the Blu-Ray set an 8.5 out of 10. If the sound problems in S1 and on Mirror Image had been taken care of and the colors more vibrant, then it'd be perfect.

Overall, very happy. Just mess with the contrast and color settings a bit.

Edited by Remington
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Remington said:

I'd give the Blu-Ray set an 8.5 out of 10. If the sound problems in S1 and on Mirror Image had been taken care of and the colors more vibrant, then it'd be perfect.

Overall, very happy. Just mess with the contrast and color settings a bit.

Pleased you are happy - it’s a great set. I got the second round of releases where the sound issues on “Heart of Darkness” and other Season 1 episodes were corrected.