Who’s your favourite baddie?

chum981

Mine is Octavio Escandero – I like his sleeves! And he has a cool, chilled-out style too!I also like Charlie Glide – the name suits the character really well…a smooth talking, too clever for his own good, kinda guy…

I assume Phil Collins' character was a baddie. Better be, the guy was evil and got Switek out of a bit of cash. And then he goes and meets Izzy, very amusing.

• 2 months later...
Guest neworder

Sam Boyle from Fruit of the Poison Tree was a decent one. Lombard was good and nice to see him as a reformed bad guy in World of Trouble.Milton Glance - probably one of the more weird but excellent bad guys.

My favourite baddie is Alfredo Guillini from Down For The Count 2. Badass, scary, cool, funny. He's got it all.Other faves include Milton Glantz, Mario Fuente from Payback, Frank Hackman, Al Lombard, Mr. Burns...sorry Johnstone from Prodigal Son, Tony Amato, Gen. Lao Li, Guzman from Evan, Guzman from Down For The Count

It's cross between Tony Amato and Al Lombard, the former because Bruce Willis is great in just about anything, and latter I think because of Crime Story, Dennis Farina had immortalized his association with crime he he

I think that purely for quasi comedic campness it has to go to Sebastian Ross from "Miami Squeeze", and Octavio Escondero from "Jack of All Trades".Incidentally, the actor who played Escondero (Jesse Borago), appeared as Lorca-Mendez in "A Bullet for Crockett", and also appears as the serial killer "The Skinner" in Season 3 of that other Miami based crime series, "Dexter".

Guest neworder
going off topic here' date=' but did Hackman shoot his own wife then?[/quote']Yes but I doubt he did it intentionally, she was running around like an idiot in the middle of a fire fight. He probably knew he had done it but probably didn't care because he's evil and used it as an excuse to kill Crocketts wife. I think he was going to kill Crocketts wife anyway as hackman talks to his wife about one more job to do in Miami.

going off topic here' date=' but did Hackman shoot his own wife then?[/quote']I don't think so. I thought he shot Catlin in retaliation for Crockett accidentally shooting Hackman's GF/wife.

Yes but I doubt he did it intentionally' date=' she was running around like an idiot in the middle of a fire fight. He probably knew he had done it but probably didn't care because he's evil and used it as an excuse to kill Crocketts wife. I think he was going to kill Crocketts wife anyway as hackman talks to his wife about one more job to do in Miami.[/quote']I haven't seen that ep in a while, but I thought it was Crockett. Even Crockett thought so, since he was talking to Catlin later and said, "I killed a woman today."

In "Deliver us from Evil", when Crockett tells Castillo he wants to transfer out of Vice, Castillo tells him that the bullet that shot Hackman's wife came out of Hackman's gun.

This is going off topic but will try to be quick.People often think that the only unclear issue in Deliver Us is whether or not Sonny's blasting away of Hackman is pre-meditated or not. But that's not right - there are several issues in this ep that are unclear.Just one of them is the issue of who really did kill Hackman's wife. The scene is intentionally shot to make us believe that Hackman's wife/gf actually goes down from Sonny's bullet - rewatch it - it's hard to watch the gunfight scene and believe that the bullet can have come from anyone else's gun other than Sonny's.But yeah Castillo says that it was Hackman's bullet later in the ep.Hard to argue Castillo had good reason to lie about this - it just isn't consistent with what we know about him in general. But replaying the gunfight scene will make you think twice...

• Administrators

I guess it would depend where exactly his bullet hit her. Sonny's most likely was not in a vital organ whereas Hackman's was.

Loved Milton Glantz from "Death and the Lady". Of course Paul Giulfoyle popped up later, in Season 5,as a baddie in "Victims of Circumstance".But in "Death and The Lady" he seemed to have a real good , almost light - hearted , releationship with Crockett.

Bruce Willis as Tomy Amato - he played the part so well (and so nastily instead of his usual funny/sweetness) and I loved Sonny's reaction to the way Tony treated his wife. It made both characters so real. I also liked Al Lombard played by Dennis Farina - he was one of the people who (looking back at the first run of the series) I remember well and who I still enjoy watching.Sue x

• Administrators

Yep, have to agree, Tony Amato played a total slime ball. You could really see Sonny's emotions while he watched helplessly through the binoculars as Tony went off on Rita.

Best sleazeball was definitely Nico Arroyo in "Bought & Paid For". But best baddie, that's a tough call. I'm leaning towards Tony Amato or Guzman in "Evan".