Some sad and touching moments to remember

Sea-light

On 9/18/2018 at 8:38 PM, Sea-light said:

Yeah. All this  and :

Tubbs and Sonny in a hospital after Legba drugged Rico; "Baby blues"-the final, when Mom runs away crying and Rico and Sonny watching this(when I watched this first time, I waited for Tubbs will find his son there)

Yes nice scene. :hippie:

• 2 years later...
On 9/18/2018 at 7:57 PM, pmconroy said:

This is very good. Personally, I think the most touching moments, in no particular order, are:

• "Evan" ending scene
  • Crockett being in the hospital after getting shot
  • Crockett's confrontation with Tubbs after waking from his amnesia when he shot Tubbs
  • Switek finding Zito dead and Zito's funeral
  • Tubbs' family being killed and funeral set to the tune of Phil Collins' "Long, Long Way to Go" (a very dark ending to the second season, a sign of things to come)
  • The farewell scene in "Freefall"

For some reason, I think my neighbors always happen to be cutting onions whenever I see the ending of Freefall. It's a strange coincidence.

What about the endings of Milk Run, Hard Knocks and Back in the World?

• Like 3

On 9/19/2018 at 2:47 AM, Sea-light said:

Besides all this, for me the heartbreaking also is: in Freefall- Rico and Sonny's last  talk in OSB before they go, when Rico looks very sad and it seems he is in desperationafter all, fearing the worst about himself. 

And the end "We did the hell run, didn't we, partner?"(smth like it) And their looks.. :(

IMG_20180919_044554.png

IMG_20180919_044608.png

True- but they could have stayed together.....

• Like 4

12 hours ago, wolfie1996 said:

True- but they could have stayed together.....

I don't know about that. Their views on life and career were changing since late in s4.

In "too much, too late" we finally saw a bit of that tension in Tubbs' wanting to still embrace life while Crockett could only see the negatives. I always found it a pity they didn't explore this kind of stuff more as those scenes were well written and well acted in that episode.

Besides, them parting ways gave us hope one day they'd reunite. False hope, but there you go.

• Like 1

I love this topic. I'll be adding more soon.

One of the more recent scenes that really touched me was this moment between a mother and her son, from Knock, Knock...Who's There?:

Knock.thumb.png.f87b1289428a1ed0dda87ba0e7d61985.png

Zito's death should be the saddest one but it was sort of loses its impact because he wanted to leave the show. 

I still think he should have departed Miami by saying he wants to go back home and he has another job and there would have been a big send off for him.  

My personal sad moment was when Odette died, Sandra's emotional acting made it such a touching scene along with the song Cold Wind Blows.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, fakespyder said:

I don't know about that. Their views on life and career were changing since late in s4.

In "too much, too late" we finally saw a bit of that tension in Tubbs' wanting to still embrace life while Crockett could only see the negatives. I always found it a pity they didn't explore this kind of stuff more as those scenes were well written and well acted in that episode.

Besides, them parting ways gave us hope one day they'd reunite. False hope, but there you go.

Hmmmmmmmmm.......negatives all the way for me in that episode. Tubbs briefly wanted to get married, Crockett was  (rightly) cautious about the idea. I didn't get that downbeat feeling  like there was in Freefall except with Switek , who you  feel is  definitely  beyond redemption. Tubbs  was running on false hope all the way. If Valerie had wanted to make it permenent with him she could have done so that "three years earlier" but she didn't. When people really want to do something they usually do it. So I think that was a dead end emotionally as far as that relationship went. So that left Rico  in the same position as Sonny as far as a relationship was concerned (ie single). The difference is (I appreciate) that Sonny- I feel- will never be long term partner/husband material. He needs the life he's leading too much. I do feel that if Rico met the right woman he'd make a success of it. His mistake has been perpetually hanging on for the wrong one. I think if there'd been some  faint indication that Sonny and Rico might meet again in Freefall, I'd have felt a lot  better about it. But there never was. I never watch it again for that reason.  That parting is as final as a death (but needn't have been.)

• Like 2

Touching Moments? 
Has to be the ending with Castillo and May Ying in season 5. Truly sad for Castillo there.

Edited by Cassagrande.M
  • Like 2

Harder for Marty in Golden Triangle P2, once he saw the little boy he knew right there he lost the woman he loved.

The pain in his expression;(

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

Do the two of you still talk? How have the both of you done since your farewell? And who was Crockett and who was Tubbs in that situation? :D

I’m 21 and planning to move to St. Petersburg, Florida within a year or so, and I will probably end up living with a roommate. I want to spread my wings and seek new opportunities and change my life. No better place to do it than sunny, tropical South Florida.

It bothers me when people use Miami Vice as a punchline for ‘80s cheese. It’s truly a work of art and for me, it’s been what has helped get me through dark times and troubled youth and early adulthood. It was a life-changing discovery and it embodies my style, sense of music, and feels like the dream I want to live.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, kd8w39 said:

Do the two of you still talk? How have the both of you done since your farewell? And who was Crockett and who was Tubbs in that situation? :D

I’m 21 and planning to move to St. Petersburg, Florida within a year or so, and I will probably end up living with a roommate. I want to spread my wings and seek new opportunities and change my life. No better place to do it than sunny, tropical South Florida.

It bothers me when people use Miami Vice as a punchline for ‘80s cheese. It’s truly a work of art and for me, it’s been what has helped get me through dark times and troubled youth and early adulthood. It was a life-changing discovery and it embodies my style, sense of music, and feels like the dream I want to live.

My friend has finally moved back to the West Coast, currently living in San Diego. So we get together every month or so most of the time at my home as he lives with family currently. Other friends comment that even after all those years, nothing has changed. 

I had the car and penchant for being the leader, my buddy was more laid back, easy going and a go with the flow type. 

• Like 1