Real cocaine cowboy girlfriend in the show

Testarossa101

Spotted in season 2 ..Ep 3 whatever works..

The girl at the bar who says "sonny and rico in the same bar " and then dances with Rico is Toni Moon .. sometimes Mooney .. she is uncredited on the titles and IMBd. 

She was the real life girlfriend of Jon Roberts.. the big time importer for the Medelian Cartel into the USA .. in his book he said he got DJ to get her in the show after PMT offended him... 

She was a Ford model and as we can see very 80s hot ! 

• Like 5

• Administrators

Oh wow! That's pretty cool! Thanks for sharing. That explains why her acting was so bad. 

Whatever Works is episode 2 though... The Prodigal Son just counts as one episode. :) 

• Haha 1

• Administrators
49 minutes ago, airtommy said:

Very interesting!  Is it normal for an actor with dialogue to be uncredited?

Laura.png.15afcc8498681aefa849f7634d1046a8.png

Usually if their part is small like this one was with only two lines, then I'd say yes. She's more of an "extra", didn't really have a proper role in the episode. It does tend to happen from time to time, especially in Miami Vice. I can think of a few small spoken roles which weren't credited.

There are a lot of roles which were never credited actually, like Izzy's assistant Manny for example. He appeared in multiple episodes for a lengthy period of time, he was technically a recurring character of the show but was never credited. 

It's also possible that because she's the girlfriend of a real life drug lord, perhaps she or they didn't think it would be wise to credit her. 

• Like 2

PMT offended who, for what. could you elaborate a bit please. because right now we are in the fog. drug lords, as well as swindlers are often big mythomaniacs. it would be nice to have facts :thumbsup:

Edited by jpm1
  • Like 1

In the book .. jon Roberts said he was trying to buy his GF parts in films to keep her happy .. he said he met DJ at a bar and PMT was giving it the big I am .. and offended Roberts .. I don't think it took much to .. he was a killer.. drug kingpin.. and DJ asked what he could do to make it all ok .. 

Jon said on set also the producers..directors we saying how real it was what they were filming.. dealers getting caught with coke in the boot of their cars .. JR laughed saying they had no clue the ways the big dealers worked . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"he said he met DJ at a bar and PMT was giving it the big I am .. and offended Roberts. "  This may have happened but I have my doubts.  Having been fortunate enough to have met PMT, it seems out of character for him to be bragging and offending people.  Also his reputation relates he was known to very humble and friendly when he met people face to face.

I'll have to get the book.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, miamijimf said:

"he said he met DJ at a bar and PMT was giving it the big I am .. and offended Roberts. "  This may have happened but I have my doubts.  Having been fortunate enough to have met PMT, it seems out of character for him to be bragging and offending people.  Also his reputation relates he was known to very humble and friendly when he met people face to face.

I agree Jim.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, miamijimf said:

yeah PMT seems a nice person. not the the kind of agressing people. plus it would have been somewhere where DJ, and PMT were drinking together.. why? i mean they spent all day together during the filming. why the heck would they be together afterwards. instead of being with their family, and friends. it's possible though. but i have few doubts. i may buy the book, but i'll get more info about the person first

9 hours ago, jpm1 said:

yeah PMT seems a nice person. not the the kind of agressing people. plus it would have been somewhere where DJ, and PMT were drinking together.. why? i mean they spent all day together during the filming. why the heck would they be together afterwards. instead of being with their family, and friends. it's possible though. but i have few doubts. i may buy the book, but i'll get more info about the person first

Also I believe PMT was a non-drinker.  From what I have read, his interests, web sites etc I believe his on-screen persona was similar to his real-life persona - a vegetarian and very health conscious individual.  This is another reason to doubt Roberts' story.  

• Like 2

On 10/18/2018 at 4:14 PM, Testarossa101 said:

In the book .. jon Roberts said he was trying to buy his GF parts in films to keep her happy .. he said he met DJ at a bar and PMT was giving it the big I am .. and offended Roberts .. I don't think it took much to .. he was a killer.. drug kingpin.. and DJ asked what he could do to make it all ok .. 

Jon said on set also the producers..directors we saying how real it was what they were filming.. dealers getting caught with coke in the boot of their cars .. JR laughed saying they had no clue the ways the big dealers worked

I have heard him say this in the cocaine cowboys documentary, and he obviously hadn't watched  the show, where is there an episode where drug dealers get caught  or selling drugs from the boot of a car? total assumption and ignorant of him to say so, they might get caught with a bit of coke on them, like when Sagot did in a bar in 'One Way Ticket' but actually leaving drugs, or selling large amounts of drugs in the boot of a car? nah. Big drug dealers in the show did deals realistically, in the show they used pilots shown in 'Smugglers Blues' and 'Trust Fund Pirates' also the big drug dealers in Vice were very cautious and  careful, the likes of Calderone, Morales in 'Killshot' and Louis McCarthy, Tony Rivers in Phil The Shill gets angry at his girlfriend for selling kilo's of cocaine without his consent. Plus Michael Mann does his homework on how criminals operate. 

Edited by RedDragon86
  • Like 2

one that springs to mind is Linus Oliver in Calderone's Return. he had drugs in his trunk.

of course most of the guys like that they busted were not the actual kingpins

well i'm not a drug dealer, and will never do. but for what i saw/read. there are 3 parts. production, transport, and selling. transport is for the most made in several parts. at least all the cases i saw were like that. a part to take the dope the closer possible to destination, and the final run which is a fast, and high risk one. this is how the Medellin cartel operated with Lehder Norman' cay, this is how the same cartel operated from central america, or together with Mexican cartels. but almost all the selling cases i saw were actually made in a boot of a car. if you watch the movie crash which relates the life of one of the biggest smuggler ever, George Jung, he sells all his cargo in a car. the guys give the money, and the smuggler (Jung) gives the keys of a car full of white. which is logical as it avoids loading times

Edited by jpm1

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 8:33 PM, airtommy said:

Very interesting!  Is it normal for an actor with dialogue to be uncredited?

Laura.png.15afcc8498681aefa849f7634d1046a8.png

Her role would be considered a bit part of less than five lines according to SAG rules.  A bit part is between an extra and a principal actor.  Unlike extras, who don' t typically interact with principals, actors in bit parts are commonly listed in the credits. An exception to this practice is cameo appearances, when a well-known actor or other celebrity appears in a bit part.  It is common for those appearances to be uncredited.  So her being uncredited with lines is not the norm.

Edited by pahonu
  • Like 1

• Administrators
7 hours ago, AzVice said:

one that springs to mind is Linus Oliver in Calderone's Return. he had drugs in his trunk.

of course most of the guys like that they busted were not the actual kingpins

Linus isn't a proper full-time drug dealer though, just a small time night club owner guy with a few keys on the side.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, James said:

Linus isn't a proper full-time drug dealer though, just a small time night club owner guy with a few keys on the side.

Exactly, and small time dealers are unmethodical, the big dealer's in Vice were not just careful they actually inventive, using informers in law enforcement, and planes to transport the drugs, the way Grocero did business in 'Smugglers Blues' has to be admired, Desmond Maxwell didn't even go to the deal at the end of 'Cool Runnin'

The production team knew how to make it authentic, Michael Mann always does his research, he knew cops and criminals as well. That guy Jon Stewart was ignorant. 

Edited by RedDragon86
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Some similar stuff:

I readed that an real drugdealer corporated with the government/producers and played a role in two episodes. 

Is this correct? And when it‘s so, who was this man and in which episodes was he acting?

Some more Infos would be great.

25 minutes ago, simsalas said:

Some similar stuff:

I readed that an real drugdealer corporated with the government/producers and played a role in two episodes. 

Is this correct? And when it‘s so, who was this man and in which episodes was he acting?

Some more Infos would be great.

You are probably referring to Miguel Piñero, who was formerly from the drug/crime world. He became an actor and playwright, amongst other things. He starred as drug lords in both the pilot (Brother’s Keeper) and the season 2 premier (Prodigal Son).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miguel_Piñero

Edited by Dadrian
  • Like 1

Am 28.11.2018 um 07:50 schrieb Dadrian:

You are probably referring to Miguel Piñero, who was formerly from the drug/crime world. He became an actor and playwright, amongst other things. He starred as drug lords in both the pilot (Brother’s Keeper) and the season 2 premier (Prodigal Son).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miguel_Piñero

Thank you for your answer.

I‘m just reading the very interesting and informative book „Hotel Scarface - where Cocaine Cowboys Partied and Plotted to Control Miami“ from Roben Farzad. The Mutiny Hotel in Coconut Grove with all his different guests from good and bad is the central place in this book.

There was also a guest (probably with connections to the underworld) named Juan „Johnny“ Hernandez. And he had at least a role in the episodes „Made for Each Other“ from 1985 and as Marco in „The Fix“ from 1986.

http://miamivice.wikia.com/wiki/Johnny_Hernandez

Edited by simsalas