I THINK IT'S SEXY WHEN WOMEN....

COOPER&BURNETT

I've noticed in several scenes in MIAMI VICE, women tend to wear the guys clothes. Usually after sleeping with them.Gina in THREE EYED JACK comes from below deck after spending the night wearing Crockett's football inspired jersey (unless she brought it from home).Brenda in NOBODY LIVES FOREVER wears Crockett's orange/rust linen blazer on the deck of his boat, and later is seen doing sit ups wearing his shirt.Threresa is wearing Crockett's green henley in bed.Caitlin wears Crockett's blazer to keep warm after a trist on the boat.This begs the question why do women wear the guys clothes (usually a shirt) like that after a romantic evening?I think it's sexy myself, and have had girlfriends in the past do that. I've never asked why, but I love it when they do.I'm guessing it shows acceptance, and shows she's really into you. But why is this symbolic to women?I'd love everyones thoughts on this.Ladies, why do you do it? Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• COOPER&BURNETT

• vice-girl

• cheetah

• LNGLK

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Perhaps. I dunno.It's not being worn out on the street. Only she and the guy see it and know about it in privacy.I sure would love to hear from the lady vicers here to tell me what it means to them.Girlfriends tend to do it. Married women don't seem to.I understand it shows him they are into you, but why symboliclly wear the shirt? What does it mean to women?I'd love to hear the general thoughts from the ladies out there.

I think Shill hit the nail on the head. It's a "marking the territory" thing. On a deeper level it represents integration I think. Falling in love is basically a spiritual experience in which two people come together as one. If you are falling in love with someone, you want to share everything with them. Wearing that other person's clothes represents that. However, clearly it wouldn't be considered appropriate the other way round. Wouldn't imagine Crockett wearing Theresa's underwear on his bed while he did his paperwork!

Sounds about right. That's kind of what I was thinking.But I still want a ladies point of view. Why wear his shirt? Does it somehow offer her comfort, symbollically does it represent being "wrapped up" in the guy?Ladies?

I don't know if I'd go as far as to say it's about marking a woman's territory, although that may very well be a possibly good reason for wearing your man's article of clothing. In my personal opinion, I would say it's got a lot to do with feeling closer to your partner. When your partner isn't there with you physically it makes you feel closer to them anyway. Men's clothes (ex. t-shirts, shirts, scarves, pullovers, sweatshirts, etc.) have your partners scent (cologne, soap, etc.) all over them and at times even permanently embedded in the fabric which not only makes women feel connected but comforted by their mates as well. There could also be reasons of comfort (and being comfortable) aside from its sexiness value! Nothing like having your partners cozy t-shirt to lounge around the house with!:p I hope that helps shed some light on your question Coop!:D

It sure does. Well written too!Although I'm not sure what more could be added to that, I'd still like more women to chime in on this to hear what they think, and why they do it.

I'm not a chick but I guess they are marking their territory?

Shill....Is Heather Locklear feeling cold in the room when someone filmed her?

NIPPITY do dah NIPPITY A......My oh my what a WONDERFUL day!What!? No more women on this site willing to answer my question?C'mon ladies.

I'll tell you what it is ...It's called "Ferrimones"All women are attracted to their mates smells. Odours good and bad remind them of you.My old girlfriend used to sleep with my shirt all week while I was out of town at work, and when I would come home she would wear my clothes too on the weekends. She said she could smell my cologne and my "Scent"Whatever floats your boat I suppose??? She slept with a variety of my t-shirts for years when I was not there!Ok you can stop laughing now...I used to be in love once............................maybe twice?

I don´t think theat women marke their territories because that´s men´s behavior. As I´ve never worn my boyfriend´s( husband´s) T - shirts I can only guess. Men mostly wear bigger sizes and wearing their T - shirts is the house might feel more comfortable. It´s right that a lot of women love the scent of their men and this might be another point for wearing their clothes.My explanation for the picture where Caitlinn is wearing Sonny´s jacket is, that she felt cold. Most women feel quicker cold than men.

I'm enjoying the variety of answers from everyone. Especially the women.Any more which to respond?

Oh, I'd love to, but I cannot speak for those that have worn their man's clothes. I've only worn my dad's pants and blazer! :D

Just to be close to the one you love knowing he wore it. To smell him on you.Same with men I suppose. Wear a provocative scent, rub yourself all over him and when he's at work, all he has to do is raise an arm, smell your scent on him and he's in heaven. From experience of course. ;)

Well ladies and gents...I'm just letting you know it came from the horsesmouth herself. She told me she took my tshirt to bed because the smell reminded her of me. She is the one who told me.................And yes LMD has a point. I love the smell of "Oscar de Larenta" (or whatever it's called or spelled?) as it definitely reminds me of a woman I knew from my past. Every time I smell that perfume my mind clicks to her immediately. I associate the smell with her exclusively.