SHOW your MV-inspired style!

squeezem3

On 11/18/2022 at 12:06 PM, TylerDurden389 said:

It's mid-November, which means the "cold" weather here in Florida has returned. So I decided to let the outfit Don wore in "The Hit List" AKA "Calderone's Return, make a return as well. It's brighter in shade of blue, but I like to change things up just a bit. Same goes for my v-neck shirt instead of the scoop neck style (and probably the shoes too).

04BC46D2-479C-4855-80EB-1BBC941E44E3.jpeg

20221117_173525(2).jpg

Late on this post, but wow you finally made it to Florida? If I recall, you talked a while back about trying to move there. I'm thinking of risking it all to get there :p

• Like 1

Yeah man.Been her since the end of 2018. Lived/worked near Miami for about 2 and a half years and have been up in West Palm for another 2 and a half (I wanted to be closer to my parents). However, for the past year-ish I've been trying to go back to Miami cuz my workplace sucks and WPB is like senior-city and everything is closed after midnight and I work really late hours. Considering Fort Myers too since you can actually own a house there, but I'm on the fence since the gulf coast gets hit way harder with hurricanes than the east coast does (which is probably one of the reasons why it's so much more expensive to live here compared to everywhere else in Florida). No point in buying a house if you have to spend half the year wondering if the thing will still be standing after another hurricane season ends.

• Like 1

On 9/21/2023 at 9:48 AM, TylerDurden389 said:

Yeah man.Been her since the end of 2018. Lived/worked near Miami for about 2 and a half years and have been up in West Palm for another 2 and a half (I wanted to be closer to my parents). However, for the past year-ish I've been trying to go back to Miami cuz my workplace sucks and WPB is like senior-city and everything is closed after midnight and I work really late hours. Considering Fort Myers too since you can actually own a house there, but I'm on the fence since the gulf coast gets hit way harder with hurricanes than the east coast does (which is probably one of the reasons why it's so much more expensive to live here compared to everywhere else in Florida). No point in buying a house if you have to spend half the year wondering if the thing will still be standing after another hurricane season ends.

My reply got an error :( but yeah, hurricanes are something I didn't really think of. Miami for me is a bit too crazy and crime-ridden but I guess being from Minnesota the only natural disaster we deal with is tornados and in some cases extreme cold, though we cope with it. I'm hoping to move to the gulf side next year but that is something I have to consider.

• Like 2

On 9/22/2023 at 9:15 PM, pmconroy said:

My reply got an error :( but yeah, hurricanes are something I didn't really think of. Miami for me is a bit too crazy and crime-ridden but I guess being from Minnesota the only natural disaster we deal with is tornados and in some cases extreme cold, though we cope with it. I'm hoping to move to the gulf side next year but that is something I have to consider.

A long time friend and his wife and daughter moved to Sarasota about two years ago and they’ve already had to evacuate twice.  The hurricane in their first year there caused some damage when something hit their roof.  They had some water infiltration damage from that and I swear he said they had finally finished the repairs with the last bit of painting on the ceiling earlier this summer.  Then they had the second one hit last month. :eek: Luckily very little damage but lots to clean up both times, and most importantly they’re all safe. Their home was both new hurricane code construction and elevated for storm surge.  He says it’s rattled them a bit.  He grew up in SoCal near me and has been through multiple earthquakes but is definitely not used to the level of destruction he has seen so quickly on the Gulf Coast. ;(

Edited by pahonu
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, pahonu said:

A long time friend and his wife and daughter moved to Sarasota about two years ago and they’ve already had to evacuate twice.  The hurricane in their first year there caused some damage when something hit their roof.  They had some water infiltration damage from that and I swear he said they had finally finished the repairs with the last bit of painting on the ceiling earlier this summer.  Then they had the second one hit last month. :eek: Luckily very little damage but lots to clean up both times, and most importantly they’re all safe. Their home was both new hurricane code construction and elevated for storm surge.  He says it’s rattled them a bit.  He grew up in SoCal near me and has been through multiple earthquakes but is definitely not used to the level of destruction he has seen so quickly on the Gulf Coast. ;(

Yeah never experienced an earthquake, hurricane, or even a severe tornado, yikes! Glad to hear your friend and his family are okay though! Florida man is indestructible :)

On the topic of style, I picked up these two BOSS sport coats within the last week each for $60. Both of them scream Crockett from the hilltops.

The photos are not completely color-accurate, these are from the seller. They both fit perfectly and are linen/cotton mixes and unstructured. The light blue/mint one is brighter in real life and the salmon one is kind of.. just salmony with bit of orange and pink? For the former, it will be great for Season 2 style and the latter is very very close to the Pilot look, which I'll have to get some pictures of as I have the right color shirt too.

Plus, I thought I would notify you guys of a couple of listings you may be interested in if you've got the disposable cash to drop three figures on a jacket. Both are Season 1 style: https://www.ebay.com/itm/145317968821 (close to my salmon one)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/175669288199 (Looks like one of the Season 1 jackets)

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 8

Very nice finds. I don't have it in me to wear the salmon colored ones, as its a little too loud even for my tastes (which is a weird sentiment given how much dressing this ways makes one stand out in general already, lol). Granted, I ended up giving in anyway and bought one that I thought was orange but ended up being more tan. I'm gonna keep it though since it fits perfectly and is very comfortable lol. I like the one in the 2nd link you posted but it's too big for me lol.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, TylerDurden389 said:

Very nice finds. I don't have it in me to wear the salmon colored ones, as its a little too loud even for my tastes (which is a weird sentiment given how much dressing this ways makes one stand out in general already, lol). Granted, I ended up giving in anyway and bought one that I thought was orange but ended up being more tan. I'm gonna keep it though since it fits perfectly and is very comfortable lol. I like the one in the 2nd link you posted but it's too big for me lol.

Yeah the salmon one is pretty gutsy to wear out but I like to take a risk sometimes. Those jackets are so nice, the breeze goes right through them like it's not even there. Hopefully I get invited to some cocktail parties next summer! Lol, probably not going to happen.

Yeah, the Versace jacket I posted is very nice and I don't mind a little bit of extra drape even though it's too big for me too. The problem for me is the price tag. If he would sell it to me for $60-$80 I would grab it, but that's just too steep and lowballing him would only make him dig his heels in more. Just how eBay sellers work, it seems.

I have some items on my page that are kind of vicey that I'll be listing soon as well as some that are already up. I'll post them here if any of you guys might be interested (only shipping to US).

• Like 1

Got a slight discount offer from a seller of a jacket I'm watching on ebay. Doesn't have a particular Vice jacket look per-se, but it's close enough, IMO. The measurements look good for me, and the price is decent ($45 + $13 shipping), but the material is about 2/3 cotton, and only 1/3 linen, so it might be kinda heavy for Florida. Lemme know what you guys think.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/186080190129

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, TylerDurden389 said:

Got a slight discount offer from a seller of a jacket I'm watching on ebay. Doesn't have a particular Vice jacket look per-se, but it's close enough, IMO. The measurements look good for me, and the price is decent ($45 + $13 shipping), but the material is about 2/3 cotton, and only 1/3 linen, so it might be kinda heavy for Florida. Lemme know what you guys think.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/186080190129

s-l1600.jpg

My opinion is I like the look.  I would wear it and enjoy. 

• 3 weeks later...

I bought this on eBay last night! I can’t wait for it to arrive!

Crockett wears this exact jacket in a couple of different colors in season 2:

IMG_6922.jpeg

IMG_6923.jpeg

IMG_6924.jpeg

IMG_6925.jpeg

IMG_6926.jpeg

• Like 11

Super jealous. I'm still trying to find a white one with the bigger/wider lapels like that. The damn skinny lapel with the higher notch is the style right now, sadly. That however, looks EXACTLY like the way the notch style looked back in the 80's (and 90's to an extent). Welp, better set aside some time to my usual hunting grounds, as you've inspired me (as we all do for each other here). Glad it's my weekend lol.

• Like 1

On 10/18/2023 at 5:57 PM, Dadrian said:

I bought this on eBay last night! I can’t wait for it to arrive!

Crockett wears this exact jacket in a couple of different colors in season 2:

IMG_6922.jpeg

IMG_6923.jpeg

IMG_6924.jpeg

IMG_6925.jpeg

IMG_6926.jpeg

Great piece.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am a brickphone enthusiast as you might know. Only thing I am really lacking is the Persol 69218 but here I wear an authentic  Persol 009 (Pierce Brosnan wore this in Remington Steele)

872B8819_Moto_Reklam copy.jpg

Edited by Kalci
  • Like 5

• 1 month later...

New blazer just arrived.  Teal in color.  Could not get the lighting right to show the color.  Would have taken a picture outside but it is storming here.  As soon as I saw this on EBAY in my size I grabbed it.  

WIN_20240122_14_32_34_Pro.thumb.jpg.617a4d45b35026fbbd0893a18e0661a0.jpg

• Like 5

19 hours ago, Dadrian said:

A screen-worn shirt for any season 4 fan with (probably at least) a thousand bucks to spare: 

I don't know if we have such opulent fans in here

I wonder what item is the most valuable to our members and how much they would be ready to spend to get it

I wouldn't spend anything on screen-worn clothes myself because it's definitely not my size but I would definitely pay a few hundred bucks to put my hands on these flat lensed Wayfarers

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MichaelAce said:

I don't know if we have such opulent fans in here

I wonder what item is the most valuable to our members and how much they would be ready to spend to get it

I wouldn't spend anything on screen-worn clothes myself because it's definitely not my size but I would definitely pay a few hundred bucks to put my hands on these flat lensed Wayfarers

It’s been a long time since C&B posted here!  He lives (lived?) not far from me down in Orange County, CA.  I’m in Long Beach in LA County.  We used to discuss local places we’d been to and our experiences maintaining 80’s vehicles, his an Alfa Romeo Spyder and mine a VW Westfalia bus.  Charlie Glide, of the location guide, is (was?) local also and we had some great discussions too.  We were all similar in age, having watched the series in our youth.