SHOW your MV-inspired style!

squeezem3

Alright, you guys have seen most of these clothes already, but I had them all altered to fit me better. The green pants are new. They may look baggy/wide, but trust me when I say that they were twice as wide before having them tapered (and hemmed). With all the sweating I do, I prefer them looser anyway. The first striped jacket was a little too big on me, so despite having it for over 2 years now, I've finally had the sleeves shortened, tapered, and also had the jacket made slimmer (as I've done with another vintage jacket once before). The bright blue jacket I had the sleeves shortened a bit. The other pants have all been hemmed. I'm thinking of having the sleeves shortened on the second striped jacket, as the cuffs do go over a bit more of my hands than they should.

20230317_114448(2).jpg

20230317_121826(2).jpg

20230317_122627(2).jpg

20230317_122146(2).jpg

Edited by TylerDurden389
  • Like 7

3 hours ago, TylerDurden389 said:

Alright, you guys have seen most of these clothes already, but I had them all altered to fit me better. The green pants are new. They may look baggy/wide, but trust me when I say that they were twice as wide before having them tapered (and hemmed). With all the sweating I do, I prefer them looser anyway. The first striped jacket was a little too big on me, so despite having it for over 2 years now, I've finally had the sleeves shortened, tapered, and also had the jacket made slimmer (as I've done with another vintage jacket once before). The bright blue jacket I had the sleeves shortened a bit. The other pants have all been hemmed. I'm thinking of having the sleeves shortened on the second striped jacket, as the cuffs do go over a bit more of my hands than they should.

20230317_114448(2).jpg

20230317_121826(2).jpg

20230317_122627(2).jpg

20230317_122146(2).jpg

“Kind o makes you feel like you’re in Florida, uhh?” :p :) 

Looks great man! :thumbsup:

• Like 3

Alright, I've been watching this one on ebay for a while now and I figure I'd get the general consensus on it. This seller sells A LOT of jackets that he advertises as "Miami Vice style" and not all of them fit the bill. Plus he almost never has anything that fits me. However, this one *might* be a good catch. Only thing stopping me is that the material looks like it might be heavy, as I've bought jackets very similar to this before, tried them on once, and then immediately gave to Goodwill when I realized they didn't either look like the pics advertised, and they were too heavy in material (again, living in Florida, I want lightweight jackets).

I don't wanna make this mistake a 3rd or 4th time (I can't keep track anymore, lol) but at the same time I can't deny that I really like this pattern. Truth be told, I now have 2 or 3 gray jackets that are close to this, but they never have the 80's "flecked" pattern that I'm still trying to pin down.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/364123779377

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by TylerDurden389
  • Like 5

Alright, I've been watching this one on ebay for a while now and I figure I'd get the general consensus on it. This seller sells A LOT of jackets that he advertises as "Miami Vice style" and not all of them fit the bill. Plus he almost never has anything that fits me. However, this one *might* be a good catch. Only thing stopping me is that the material looks like it might be heavy, as I've bought jackets very similar to this before, tried them on once, and then immediately gave to Goodwill when I realized they didn't either look like the pics advertised, and they were too heavy in material (again, living in Florida, I want lightweight jackets).

I don't wanna make this mistake a 3rd or 4th time (I can't keep track anymore, lol) but at the same time I can't deny that I really like this pattern. Truth be told, I now have 2 or 3 gray jackets that are close to this, but they never have the 80's "flecked" pattern that I'm still trying to pin down.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/364123779377

s-l1600.jpg

I’m no expert, but I learned a bit from my mom who studied with a tailor when she was younger.  Though she didn’t pursue that career, she learned pattern-making and tailoring and made clothes for the family for many years including full suits for my father and fitted shirts for me.  It was at least partly because my father and I are very tall, 6-3 and 6-7.  She also taught me some basics of alteration and repair though I seldom do so as I dress very casually in general.

This appears to be a fully lined jacket which will be hotter than unlined jackets or even quarter or half lined versions.  The outside material is only part of the equation for how warm a jacket is.  Many jacket linings are acetate fabric which is a synthetic and non-breathable… meaning hot, rendering the exterior fabric choice almost meaningless.  Wool is breathable, but not with an acetate lining.  Ask if the lining is Bemberg, a type of cotton.  That will be cooler.  A linen jacket with a synthetic lining will actually be hotter than a wool jacket with a Bemberg lining.  A full polyester suit will help you lose weight from all the sweating! :dance2:

Edit:

This might help.

https://www.tailoronten.com/blogs/news/3401262-bemberg-the-king-of-linings

Edited by pahonu
  • Like 4

Another great Vice looking jacket that's sadly too big for me (I used to have one exactly like this a very long time ago, but alas, that was too big too). So I'm sharing it to you guys if anyone's interested:

https://poshmark.com/listing/VTG-Haggar-Ivory-Tan-Linen-BlazerSports-Coat-Sz-46-6407b7c2382db8dcf85e48a8

m_wp_6407b8251645f7b4c6935a85.webp

• Like 4

Another great Vice looking jacket that's sadly too big for me (I used to have one exactly like this a very long time ago, but alas, that was too big too). So I'm sharing it to you guys if anyone's interested:

https://poshmark.com/listing/VTG-Haggar-Ivory-Tan-Linen-BlazerSports-Coat-Sz-46-6407b7c2382db8dcf85e48a8

m_wp_6407b8251645f7b4c6935a85.webp

I have only one big problem ! Im in the EU otherwise I would take it....

On 3/9/2023 at 6:41 PM, Kalci said:

-Shades: wayfarer 5024(my nose is slightly wider so I needed the model with wider bridge)

-Brickphone :Motorola Dynatac International 3200 GSM

IMG_20220705_233657_335.jpg

Dumb question but does the phone work ? I might want one too

Also, the tilt of your wayfarers looks a little more agressive that mine, do you know if it has something to do with the year of fabrication ? Do you have more information about the pair you have ?

And how did you make this 80s picture effect ?

On 2/28/2023 at 9:53 PM, Gangrel said:

Another great day in February in  Ferragudo in the Algarve Portugal.

P6280136.JPG

P6280144.JPG

P6280148.JPG

Looks so warm, I'd almost want to move there

On 2/2/2023 at 9:22 PM, TylerDurden389 said:

s-l500.jpg.14f3d846008740abc02af3f315f4e339.jpg

I love the large shoulders and the thin waist effect, does anybody know where to find bombers/brown leather jackets that look similar ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MichaelAce said:

I love the large shoulders and the thin waist effect, does anybody know where to find bombers/brown leather jackets that look similar ?

Hi Thanks Michael yes It is a great climate here and I am so glad and so lucky that I moved here around 14 years ago.

2 hours ago, Kalci said:

https://www.filmsjackets.com/miami-vice-james-crockett-black-leather-jacket

Has anybody bought this Jacket or owns a similar one ? I am really into this type of jacket because here where I live the weather is not always "miami" :D so this fashion pieces really interests me in the colder days :)

Hi Kalci I never had this one in the picture but I had one in the same style but mine was more heavy duty like Arnies in the terminator but the same style.

I wore mine as a ring entry part of my costume with long black boots and no shirt with some black Gargoyle sunglasses when I was wrestling here. lol.

Mine was too heavy really for general wear as it was really for riding a motorbike to protect you if you fell off (which I did not even have) lol.

The one in the picture looks more like a fashion piece lighter weight so better for everyday wear. They can look fantastic if you can pull off the look. I like it myself.

They are not so warm but will keep the wind out and the rain at bay. I would say that this one looks light enough to wear most days with a t shirt.

Edited by Gangrel
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Kalci said:

https://www.filmsjackets.com/miami-vice-james-crockett-black-leather-jacket

Has anybody bought this Jacket or owns a similar one ? I am really into this type of jacket because here where I live the weather is not always "miami" :D so this fashion pieces really interests me in the colder days :)

Hum ... I know this site but personally, I don't trust it.

There are no photos of the jacket they want to sell so it is suspicious.

Anyway, you can find a similar type of jacket if you are looking for a "perfecto".

This motorcycle jacket wouldn't let you down, they are build like tanks.

• Like 2

@Gangrel  @Kladdagh  Thank you guys :) I am really into it.  Yeah this site not even shows pics of the actual product so I am not going to go with this one. Rather try to find a similarly light model here in the EU. Lets see what I can find.

@MichaelAce Yes its working. Its a second generation network(2G) capaple phone and was build for the GSM standard(Global Standard for Mobile Communication) It uses GSM 900Mhz band for communication which is still alive  in most of the European countries in Africa and If I remember well also in Asia. BUT not in the US. In the early 90s there was a "fight" between EU and US standards and the US went with other digital(2G) cellular communication standards so they never standardized the GSM 900.

Nowdays the bigger challenge is to get one with a working battery. All these old bricks came with a NiCd that are notorious for not holding charge.

About the picture: Photoshop is my friend :D

Edited by Kalci
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Kalci said:

About the picture: Photoshop is my friend :D

If you have a tutorial or something, I'm interested

And about the sunglasses, where did you get them ? Was there extra info with it ?

10 hours ago, MichaelAce said:

If you have a tutorial or something, I'm interested

And about the sunglasses, where did you get them ? Was there extra info with it ?

I dont have a tutorial but youtube is your friend there are a ton of tutorials there.

About the B&L Wayfarer. This is standard one, no mods. I have two pairs and they are identical.

Edited by Kalci
  • Like 1

The village people told me to put my pride on the shelf so I did.

(somebody please stop me, it's getting out of hand)image.thumb.jpeg.dddfa947432031d39ddc4fd103b349dd.jpeg

My new Classic Wayfarers (left) compared the the vintage 5024 ones I already had (right)

image.thumb.jpeg.99010a950c70c146309e9183cf51ecdd.jpeg

Shootout to @COOPER&BURNETT and his topic that got me here in this forum:

Edited by MichaelAce
  • Like 9

On 3/25/2023 at 7:36 AM, MichaelAce said:

Classic pieces

Got another light blue suit jacket (and it's another J F Ferrar) that fits perfectly and is in an even lighter shade than the last light blue one I showed here. I doubt you guys will be able to tell the difference. I need more hangers lol.

20230331_192343(2).jpg

• Like 6

Alright last one for now I swear, lol. This one is 100% linen, super lightweight, and is way too tight on my arms lol. Please excuse the wrinkles, I tried it on right after getting it in the mail.

20230401_140626(2).jpg

• Like 5

On 4/5/2023 at 6:35 PM, Dadrian said:

My wife calls these my “Season 3 Trunks” :) 

7904D2B8-D8EE-4D68-83CE-B03B44106A67.jpeg

It really is the exact color and material of that one no-collar jacket Crockett wears a lot in season 3. :) 

Its gray in some lights and dark blue in others, as are the trunks. 

Edited by Dadrian
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...