SHOW your MV-inspired style!

squeezem3

7 hours ago, MichaelAce said:

I don't know if we have such opulent fans in here

I wonder what item is the most valuable to our members and how much they would be ready to spend to get it

I wouldn't spend anything on screen-worn clothes myself because it's definitely not my size but I would definitely pay a few hundred bucks to put my hands on these flat lensed Wayfarers

You can get them on eBay pretty readily. Bausch & Lomb 5022 if memory serves.

14 minutes ago, BunMVO said:

And 5024 if you have a wider face/nose bridge like mine :) 

Edited by Dadrian
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, BunMVO said:

I already have two pairs, black 5024s and tortoise shell 5024s, but I'm looking for the flat lenses specifically, I think they look much better and they're the reason why I started my Ray-Ban collections right after seeing the Definitely Miami ending scene

vlcsnap-2024-01-29-09h51m49s290.thumb.png.a2cd7e80b3d26e554f7edcc8cf602a2f.pngimage.thumb.png.577017f886667fa06bfe226f07c35095.pngimage.thumb.png.a54023864ce04a2eee75d44208ba3e64.pngimage.thumb.png.6aa094a69d577fb25204403060c6bf2f.pngvlcsnap-2024-01-29-10h02m51s746.thumb.png.6811f1ebd8c552e6937fb1c39a2110b1.png

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Dadrian said:

And 5024 if you have a wider face/nose bridge like mine :) 

That's right, check out the light on these bad boys

image.thumb.jpeg.9a708a355ba418caa1a26ce9028441c9.jpeg

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...

So, after years of trying to find the exact style of Sonny's espadrilles and not finding them, I found someone to custom make them. This is what they are shipping me. There aren't many cobblers in the U.S. so I went abroad. This particular cobbler is in India. They charged around 80 bucks per pair and they are leather. My sister turned me on to these folks.

Sonny 1.jpg

Sonny 2.jpg

Sonny 3.jpg

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, Party_car1 said:

So, after years of trying to find the exact style of Sonny's espadrilles and not finding them, I found someone to custom make them. This is what they are shipping me. There aren't many cobblers in the U.S. so I went abroad. This particular cobbler is in India. They charged around 80 bucks per pair and they are leather. My sister turned me on to these folks.

Sonny 1.jpg

Sonny 2.jpg

Sonny 3.jpg

Just curious.  How do they make them custom if they don’t have a last of your foot to work from?

19 minutes ago, pahonu said:

Just curious.  How do they make them custom if they don’t have a last of your foot to work from?

I sent them a cast of my feet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Party_car1 said:

I sent them a cast of my feet.

The 2nd pair are supposed to be similar to the pair Sonny wore in episode 1 in the opening. They haven't finished those yet. I just grabbed some quick drying plaster of Paris and made casts of each foot. They wanted a paper outline (drawing) of both feet but I sent them casts instead, along with every photo of the actual shoes that I could find. I haven't seen the 2nd pair yet.

• Like 1

On 3/4/2019 at 4:53 PM, squeezem3 said:

Nobody knows. Apparently he just decided to disappear for whatever reason. It's damn sad, of course. He is a true connoisseur and gave me many inspirations. 

I don't know, do you really have to? It's all about the attitude and if you love the style, it doesn't really matter if you have the body, hair, or face of DJ. 

It really is about attitude and confidence when doing the DJ look. I'm African American so I don't look a thing like Crockett, but my personality is more like Crockett's than that of Tubbs. Not only that, Crockett's style is more relaxed and more comfortable to wear than that of Tubbs. DJ's look fits my personality more so that's the look I've rolled with for a while.

• Like 1

On 8/16/2023 at 7:23 AM, Kladdagh said:

AWSOME !!! Could you tell the brand please ?

Paisley & Gray sells one very similar but they run a little small. If anyone is looking for a similar jacket. I never found the Howe version so I went with the P&G for around 80 dollars. I had th have the lining removed for it to fit properly even though it was " my size."

• Like 2

On 1/29/2024 at 10:31 AM, MichaelAce said:

That's right, check out the light on these bad boys

image.thumb.jpeg.9a708a355ba418caa1a26ce9028441c9.jpeg

Love your collection. I myself also own a 5024 also in black and in tortouise colors BUT I have realised my nose is so wide I should wear something like a 54-28 :D My face is also wider than DJs slim/thin face so I guess will settle with a Carrera 5512 and will continue hunt down Persol 69218 which has 58mm wide lenses so that is much more suitable for those with wider face.

Edited by Kalci
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Kalci said:

Love your collection. I myself also own a 5024 also in black and in tortouise colors BUT I have realised my nose is so wide I should wear something like a 54-28 :D My face is also wider than DJs slim/thin face so I guess will settle with a Carrera 5512 and will continue hunt down Persol 69218 which has 58mm width lenses so that is much more suitable for those with wider face.

I have the Persols (and a wide face). They are not quite wide enough for me but I wear them anyway. :) 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dadrian said:

I have the Persols (and a wide face). They are not quite wide enough for me but I wear them anyway. :) 

For us with a somewhat wider face this Vuarnet 006 ( https://www.sunglassesid.com/sightings/vuarnet-legend-06-alain-delon-la-piscine ) could be an option too. I have already bought one myself. If I can I will post a pic about it here. This design already existed in the 60s but I would say not far from Revo 840 in its style, so in my eyes it's a timeless design.

Alain Delon(La Piscine -1969), Alec Baldwin(The Getaway -1994) and even Daniel Craig wore them in one of the Bond movies. They all have quite wide faces, significantly wider than mine beacause actually this eyewear looks with its 57mm lenses quite wide on my face. I will post a pic in a month or so about it.

Edited by Kalci

On 2/27/2024 at 7:39 AM, Party_car1 said:

The 2nd pair are supposed to be similar to the pair Sonny wore in episode 1 in the opening. They haven't finished those yet. I just grabbed some quick drying plaster of Paris and made casts of each foot. They wanted a paper outline (drawing) of both feet but I sent them casts instead, along with every photo of the actual shoes that I could find. I haven't seen the 2nd pair yet.

The 2nd pair isn't much different from the first. Same silhouette but with a different sole and perforated on the upper. Should have both pair in a couple of weeks.SmartSelect_20240228_205544_Etsy.thumb.jpg.19aa0ef18237b793a002aa5b7f735b2b.jpg

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Party_car1 said:

The 2nd pair isn't much different from the first. Same silhouette but with a different sole and perforated on the upper. Should have both pair in a couple of weeks.SmartSelect_20240228_205544_Etsy.thumb.jpg.19aa0ef18237b793a002aa5b7f735b2b.jpg

SmartSelect_20240228_205532_Etsy.jpg

SmartSelect_20240228_205553_Etsy.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Looks really good, not too expensive and if measurements match your size go with it, just hope for you that black sticker on the right sleeve can be removed or is temporary

Edited by MrQuiche
  • Like 1

Walmart just recently put out their spring/summer stuff, and these two shirts definitely seem appropriate for Season 2, but maybe all seasons!

IMG_4828.jpeg

• Like 6

19 hours ago, TylerDurden389 said:

Hey guys, what do y'all think of this piece? Measurements are good, Express brand has always gotten good grades for me, and the price is....decent enough lol.

https://poshmark.com/listing/Express-Mens-Extra-Slim-Fit-Striped-LinenBlend-Suit-Jacket-65e7a12d91e053f7883b7030

m_wp_65e7a17fa0aeb74c6655d468.webp

m_wp_65e7a183382db8652a9a3fa3.webp

I like it, if the sleeves are slightly long or the jacket slightly loose simply take it to your local alteration shop and have it fitted as fit is King in any clothes.

Also do not worry about the black patch on the sleeve as they are simply brand names tacked on and should be removed as soon as you decide to wear the garment.

It is surprising how many people do not realise this and are walking about with these tags still left on.

• Like 2

On 3/9/2024 at 4:20 PM, AndrewRemington said:

Walmart just recently put out their spring/summer stuff, and these two shirts definitely seem appropriate for Season 2, but maybe all seasons!

IMG_4828.jpeg

Just had to go shopping.  I got one of each including the blue.  

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Vicefan7777 said:

Just had to go shopping.  I got one of each including the blue.  

Great! I inspired you again like last year! :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1