Instagram for Dadrian’s Covers

Dadrian

17 hours ago, Dadrian said:

How many scenes can we name with this cue?

I’ll go first then:

When Jimmy offers Crockett his cigarette in “Smuggler’s Blues” and Crockett breaks the filter off. :rauchen:

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Dadrian said:

Excellent.....can't wait until you do the whole track.  That background sound gives it so much depth. :cheers:

Edited by Sonny-Burnett
  • Thanks 1

On 2/1/2020 at 9:33 PM, Dadrian said:

6 hours ago, Dadrian said:

I’ll go first then:

When Jimmy offers Crockett his cigarette in “Smuggler’s Blues” and Crockett breaks the filter off. :rauchen:

Then we hear it again at the end of Milk Run after Eddie gets killed. 

Who’s got another one? 

This cue is also playing during the conversation between Crockett and Christine in the interrogation room in By Hooker By Crook. :)

Edited by Crockettt
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, Crockettt said:

Awesome! This melody was also used during the Lamborghini chase in Bought and Paid For. Is it factory brass preset from Memorymoog @Dadrian ?

Thanks! It’s factory patch 56 “Big Chorus Synth” with a couple of slight adjustments. 

35 minutes ago, Ferrariman said:

Hoping this will become a full cover? :clap:

Absolutely. I have all the sounds. 

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Dadrian said:

Absolutely. I have all the sounds. 

That's what I like to hear. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

My new workspace is pretty much ready to go. I posted these images on Instagram with my new season 3 blazer. Among other episodes, Crockett wears these items in “Shadow in the Dark”. :cool:

39E112EA-22BB-4F40-9CB6-15D335773A7C.jpeg

A377E37A-FE1E-46D6-B9F0-535ED21B8B02.jpeg

• Like 8

• 6 months later...

Beautiful! The mysterious sound of the guitar turned out to be a DX-7 "Uncle Abe" patch, which Jan used, among others, in "Last Call" and "Baby Blues". :D

Edited by Crockettt
  • Like 2

• Administrators
On 1/31/2023 at 10:25 PM, Dadrian said:

My new workspace is pretty much ready to go. I posted these images on Instagram with my new season 3 blazer. Among other episodes, Crockett wears these items in “Shadow in the Dark”. :cool:

A377E37A-FE1E-46D6-B9F0-535ED21B8B02.jpeg

One of the coolest pics we've ever had on this site!   :cool:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Crockettt said:

Beautiful! The mysterious sound of the guitar turned out to be a DX-7 "Uncle Abe" patch, which Jan used, among others, in "Last Call" and "Baby Blues". :D

I honestly think Jan initially sampled it into the Fairlight from the DX7. All the percussive notes and strums heard in the MV Theme Song seem to have been sequenced in the Fairlight like most of the rest of the instruments on that track. That would explain the gritty texture, also. 

When I cover “Crockett and Tubbs Meet” I’ll try sampling the DX7 patch into my Arturia CMI V to see if it yields the same result. 

If so, I might have to do a “Sounds from the MV Theme” demo video like I did for “Crockett’s Theme”, as it was the only unknown sound to me all these years! 

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...

My 13 year old son has basically confiscated my drum machine, and started programming classic rhythm patterns. He loves this song so much he wanted me to post this video on my Instagram. Here’s the raw video with which I made into a “Reel”:

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

vor 11 Stunden schrieb Dadrian:

I don’t know how to correct the misspelling for the title. Other moderators please help :) 

As the starter of this thread you can edit the title yourself. Here is how it works:

• you go to the first posting after the header (this is your post). Click on "edit post" in the upper right corner
  • then you get not only a window to edit the first posting (you can leave it as is), but also the headline can be edited. 
  • then click save

I do that frequently with the unknown locations post where I reduce the number in the title of the thread every time I find something...:funky:

• Thanks 1

vor 16 Stunden schrieb Dadrian:

My 13 year old son has basically confiscated my drum machine, and started programming classic rhythm patterns. He loves this song so much he wanted me to post this video on my Instagram. Here’s the raw video with which I made into a “Reel”:

IMG_6813.mov

Don´t complain! Wait until he wants to have a black Ferrari to maximize the "In the air tonight" authenticity! 

BTW: my 16 year old daughter basically confiscated everything from me already. Your son will extend his demands as well when he gets older....:dance2:

• Haha 2