Knives Out

Bren10

Don is pretty funny in Knives Out.  The movie was pretty good but like Jack said, it could have been a bit more clever with a few other twists and turns.  It is worth seeing, though.

Edited by IA-SteveB
  • Thanks 1

On 11/28/2019 at 6:12 AM, Jack Gretsky said:

Knives Out is only an okay mystery - I was hoping for something much more clever and tricky.  DJ is amusing in this - the family in the film is supposed to represent America with the right and left squabbling among themselves with so much vitriol that they lose sight of the bigger picture.  

Yes I’m looking forward to see this movie.

• 2 weeks later...

"Knives Out" just got three Golden Globe nominations: Best Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy, Best Actress in a Motion Picture — Musical or Comedy for Ana de Armas, and Best Actor in a Motion Picture — Musical or Comedy for Daniel Craig.

Not too bad I'd say...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, daytona365 said:

"Knives Out" just got three Golden Globe nominations: Best Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy, Best Actress in a Motion Picture — Musical or Comedy for Ana de Armas, and Best Actor in a Motion Picture — Musical or Comedy for Daniel Craig.

Not too bad I'd say...

I'm pleased - nice movie and great Don.:hippie:

I thought the movie would be better also as Rotten Tomatoes gave it a 97% critic rating.  Not to say it isn't enjoyable, it is but I was expecting fireworks I guess.  LOL!  Don was really good in it though!  :glossy:

• 9 months later...

Good old fashioned whodoneit movie in Agatha Christie style. Ana de Armas played well in a heavy screen time role that had a funny twist to it (lie and puke).

Type casting was well too. I don´t see Daniel Craig as a versatile actor, but one of the two faces he has in his portfolio did make a good fit here.