"Home Invaders" Question

Ferrariman

• Administrators

Ok, so in "The Home Invaders" when they are trailing the bad guys, Sgt. Heraty pulls over, gets out of the car, runs up to the corner to surveil the bad guys. When he comes back he radios that they have switched to a ??? van.  It sounds like he says "They've switched to an RGA van" Can anyone clarify this? or even tell me what an RGA van is?  If that's even what he said?  ?(

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Ferrariman said:

Ok, so in "The Home Invaders" when they are trailing the bad guys, Sgt. Heraty pulls over, gets out of the car, runs up to the corner to surveil the bad guys. When he comes back he radios that they have switched to a ??? van.  It sounds like he says "They've switched to an RGA van" Can anyone clarify this? or even tell me what an RGA van is?  If that's even what he said?  ?(

I’m trying to think of a Really Good Answer...

• Haha 3

• Administrators

Yes, he did say that and I've always wondered what an RGA van was. I guess at the time I thought it was a company name painted on a panel truck and they could easily identify it with the letters RGA.

• Administrators
48 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

I didn't even catch that till the second time around. Great one! :)

• Thanks 1

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Dadrian said:

You're a big help!  :)  lol, good one!

• Haha 2

CGlide posted this:

Probably a blooper. I remember thinking about this a few years back and, knowing allot about vehicles was surprised I did not recognize the IMD and RGA terms. I thought it was possible they were different descriptions of the same type truck but the terms might be out-dated. Maybe the R was refridgerated I thought even though it was clearly a walk in delivery Van for Blitzmail. I talked to a friend that at the time was running one of the largest commercial truck dealerships in Florida and had been for years. If anyone could tell me, he sure could. Unfortunately he had not heard of these terms either. My guess is they had plans to use one type of truck when they filmed Gina at the studio and then later filmed the driving scene with a different truck so they changed the dialog thinking no one would notice.

https://miamiviceonline.com/index.php?/topic/8688-the-home-invaders-imd-or-rga-van/

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, RedDragon86 said:

My guess is RGA is a van company for hire.

I watched this last night and was thinking the same thing. 

• Like 1

Heraty first said they switched to an IMD van and then later Gina relayed this to Sonny and said they switched to an RGA van. The van looked to me like a newspaper delivery van from back in the day but no idea what the abbreviations stand for. 

Edited by Sonny-Burnett

This is one of the episodes that has draft scripts floating around. Just get one and see if it's a lingering error in the script, maybe a change from version to version, or a slip-up that made it by the editors. If you really want to know, of course.

• Like 1

Maybe they just made up the letters RGA.  I think Occam's razor applies here.  As you probably know, it's a principle from philosophy.  Suppose there exists two explanations for an occurrence.  In this case the one that requires the least amount of assumptions is usually correct.  Another way of saying it is that the more assumptions you have to make, the more unlikely an explanation.

• Like 2

On 11/26/2019 at 11:12 AM, miamijimf said:

Maybe they just made up the letters RGA.  I think Occam's razor applies here.  As you probably know, it's a principle from philosophy.  Suppose there exists two explanations for an occurrence.  In this case the one that requires the least amount of assumptions is usually correct.  Another way of saying it is that the more assumptions you have to make, the more unlikely an explanation.

That's why I suggested the script. Not that I think those initials have an ounce of significance aside from them wanting some fake company name to use for the van, but for those who really want/have to know that's the most authoritative starting point available.

• Like 1