Synthwave

MennoinSF

Hi everyone,

Is any of you in to Synthwave music? I have discovered it about a year ago, and haven't listened practically to anything else. It really reminds me of the Jan Hammer music. Also they have amazing cool sounding artists such as: Miami Beach Patrol, Crockett, Miami Nights 1984 etc.

Here are a couple of examples of songs/albums I love:

I think 'Crockett' is my favorite artist (must be the name) and I also love Morgan Willis's album Miami Calling. If you guys are also into this, please share your favorite songs/artists.

• Like 4

Yep the midnight is good also. I do prefer the synthwave music without lyrics most of the time actually. And Dadrian: Big fan of yours! Your music is amazing and I wished it was available on Spotify so I could play it easier in my car. 

1 hour ago, MennoinSF said:

Yep the midnight is good also. I do prefer the synthwave music without lyrics most of the time actually. And Dadrian: Big fan of yours! Your music is amazing and I wished it was available on Spotify so I could play it easier in my car. 

Thanks! Yeah that would be great. 

• 1 month later...

I love synthwave. I think that synthwave artists don't exploit Miami Vice nearly as much as they could for making content. But thankfully, it's deeply woven into the fabric of Miami Vice so it almost feels like a revival.

• Administrators

I love Synthwave. Was introduced to it in 2011 with Drive, but didn't get into it until 2014. Pretty much the only music I listen to from this decade. I think Timecop1983 is my favourite artist of the genre.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'll be here all day posting synthwave music (HUGE fan of the scene) so I'll just start with one artist who definitely channels some heavy Jan Hammer vibes:

• Like 2

@Peter Guja used to post here! Cool guy. 

I gotta share this one from The Midnight. I REALLY love these guys. One of them is from right here in Georgia—about 35 minutes from my town! 

Someone added some great Risky Business visuals to take it to the next level:

Edit: oops I already shared that one earlier :)

Try this one. KILLER sax solo! (pun-intended :p):

Edited by Dadrian
  • Like 4

On 12/18/2019 at 4:44 AM, Dadrian said:

@Peter Guja used to post here! Cool guy. 

I gotta share this one from The Midnight. I REALLY love these guys. One of them is from right here in Georgia—about 35 minutes from my town! 

Someone added some great Risky Business visuals to take it to the next level:

Edit: oops I already shared that one earlier :)

Try this one. KILLER sax solo! (pun-intended :p):

Very good Thankyou for sharing.:hippie:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Gunship "Dark All Day"

Imagine a new version of Vice with a song like this starting things off.  My mind races with possibilities!!  This is an awesome video.  Plus, Arzola from "Theresa" makes an appearance.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/8/2019 at 11:33 PM, MennoinSF said:

I also do like this music without lyrics..

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Tczar said:

Yes! I am a big synthwave fan! Have been for a decade plus. In general I am a synthesizer music tragic :cool: 

If you like synthesizers and Miami Vice, please check out my YouTube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpVehxR6W47rctJyl0uVqgA

Also, you can download the MP3s in the download section of this site. 

• Like 3

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

As much as I'm against the idea of a reboot/remake of Vice, I have to say that this song would fit perfectly if they needed a song for the drive to meet Calderone.

• Like 3

• 5 months later...