COOPER&BURNETT BANNED!

COOPER&BURNETT

I've been banned from .org.I thought the idea was too try to KEEP members.They are losing members, and were gaining members.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ferrariman

• COOPER&BURNETT

• Tony D.

• Mr. Calderon

• Administrators

i just tried my login and it worked. i guess i'm the in neutral zone.

Not after this post you aren't!

I notice my SCRAPBOOK SECTION is still up there. Guess they don't want to part with it, ....only the author of it's contents.

I joined .org because I was impressed with the incredible knowledge base they seemed to have, and I wanted to learn more about the show. Now I hear today that the experts that made me want to become a member are being banned? It's a pretty lowdown practice to use someone's intellectual property to attract new members to your site and then turn around & tell them they're not welcome.

I've been banned from .org.I thought the idea was too try to KEEP members.They are losing members' date=' and were gaining members.[/quote']Well, ....I kinda like the idea that you're here:clap:

• Administrators
I joined .org because I was impressed with the incredible knowledge base they seemed to have' date=' and I wanted to learn more about the show. Now I hear today that the experts that made me want to become a member are being banned? It's a pretty lowdown practice to use someone's intellectual property to attract new members to your site and then turn around & tell them they're not welcome.[/quote']This has been going on since last November when new owners took over .org. You've only been here a short time and already you've got them figured out. As C&B posted elsewhere, ALL the experts that drew you to the site have moved here so you're in good hands!

This has been going on since last November when new owners took over .org. You've only been here a short time and already you've got them figured out. As C&B posted elsewhere' date=' ALL the experts that drew you to the site have moved here so you're in good hands![/quote']In the past I have tried to steer clear of the controversy, but I am just amazed at the mis-information posted without objection on the .org site!This was recently posted: OK here is the correct information for anyone who cares . The original cars on the show were kits based on Corvettes and thus have Chevrolet small block V-8s . The show used the Rowley kit because it has the absolutely accurate body as opposed to the McBurnie kit which has an exaggerated flare around the wheel well . The Rowley kit is more accurate because he took his molds directly off of a real Ferrari . To address the guy who says that if you ae driving a Miami Vice Daytona Spyder you are pretending to drive a Ferrari , you are wrong . The kit is the same car as what was used IN THE SHOW . The show never used real Ferraris until Ferrari of North America made the deal for them to use the white Testarossa and gave them two cars . In case you are wondering how I have such a huge pile of nearly useless information about these cars , I used to sell Rowley host Corvettes prepared for conversion into his Daytona GTCs and have also been to Carl Roberts` shop in Tenessee where the actual cars used in the show were built and repaired and have spoken to Mr Roberts personally mostly about the way they came to build the white Testarossas . There were 2 Testarossas given to the studio by Ferrari because Ferrari was pissed about how much money was being made by private individuls trading in the real Daytonas because of interest generated by the Miami Vice series . Then Carl Roberts built 2 more based on Panteras for the show to use for stunts . Then he decided that starting with $35,000 - $45,000 cars as a base for the kit didnt make sense . The rest of the cars were then made based on Fieros . Now there is a lame car pretending to be a Ferrari . Any questions ? It is well established that Rowley used McBurnie molds for a number of years, and that McBurnie built the two show cars well before Rowley built his first Daytona. And Carl Roberts built one stunt Testarossa, not two. And it's not like any of this information is a secret. Just an example of the loss of focus (hard to stay on point when you worry more about who is talking rather than what they are saying) at .org.

I notice my SCRAPBOOK SECTION is still up there. Guess they don't want to part with it' date=' ....only the author of it's contents.[/quote']I know you'll wear your ban like the badge of "honor" it is ... but it sucks that they're still flogging your trove of memorabilia as if it belonged to them. Like they're all f---ing copyright attorneys or something. Right!

I notice my SCRAPBOOK SECTION is still up there. Guess they don't want to part with it' date=' ....only the author of it's contents.[/quote']C&B, of course they want to keep your scrapbook! It's the only section worth reading left there.They know that there won't be anything new in terms of contributions, therefore they keep it as one of the most valuable thread. And they were the ones who annoyed us with "copyright". Pathetic.

I just tried mine, my account is still active. I had a private message from prickleferret; we caught up via e-mail.

• Administrators
In the past I have tried to steer clear of the controversy' date=' but I am just amazed at the mis-information posted without objection on the .org site![/quote']Well that's because there's nobody there with any knowledge to dispute it! and when they do decide to give an answer it's usually wrong.

I understand how many feel like being banned is like a "badge of honor". I don't mind if you feel that way. Rightfully so, it's a just feeling.I however am saddend at thier loss. What would make them ban me? Do they really realize what they have done? I mean really?Not to sound immodest, but not a lot of members like me come around every day that has a constant flow of new, interesting items to share. Had I been them, I would have bent over backwards to at least try to make me happy, so I would continue to post on the scrapbook section with the latest. I was made to feel unwelcome. This is actually quite sad. I'm not sure they thought this through. What is thier ultimate goal now? How does this benifit them for the better?I don't want to "kill" them, or harm them in any way, that's not what I'm about. I just wanted to share some very valuable information. However, the actions, such as removing the edit key on the scrapbook section (I love to tweek things, thus the reason I'm a mod here on this scrapbook section so I can do it myself) seems agressive. If I wanted to, in a blink of an eye, I could have ALL the photos removed there in an instant, but I haven't, so there isn't a need to remove the edit key. It's actually better that they leave the scrapbook section there. If anyone visits, likes it, nobody will be able to answer the questions correctly, they will eventually seek me (us) out with thier questions, as we show up on search engines, as does "COOPER&BURNETT". It's actually free advertising for us here.Removing it would only hurt us. The more people that see it, the better. My Scrapbook section is seen on two websites.This is truly sad everyone. This is not joyous, I feel sad for them, not anger.Your thoughts?

• Administrators

Their reasoning begins and ends with the Queen. She wanted TOTAL control of .org and she got it. My only question is why not get rid of us all in one clean sweep? Why one or two at a time? I'm truly surprised that with his posting and being moderator of the episode reviews here that they haven't banned Tony D. yet! My thoughts Coop, as much as it annoys us all is to just let it go. It just gets a bit more lonely over there with every person they ban. Almost time to draw straws!

Their reasoning begins and ends with the Queen. She wanted TOTAL control of .org and she got it.

Controlling is with which totality of totalness. Such that like with Canada in springtime when birds fly and toads come out frolic in park they need creator of some form or controller to control so not they drown in puddle or fly into tree. Without control protect to save harm no control there be and no control is no better than control without protect.

I however am saddend at thier loss. What would make them ban me?
I think you're sad because no matter what had happened in the past' date=' you're a human being and nobody likes feeling unwelcome.
Do they really realize what they have done? I mean really?
Simple answer: no. They have proved to act in a wrongly impulsive way' date=' without thinking before, they're carried away in bursts of anger and they don't even consider the consequences of their actions. This is my personal opinion, well, you know I'm not a shrink and only a psychiatrist could shed a light on the reasons why people act like this.
Had I been them' date=' I would have bent over backwards to at least try to make me happy, so I would continue to post on the scrapbook section with the latest. I was made to feel unwelcome. This is actually quite sad. I'm not sure they thought this through. What is thier ultimate goal now? How does this benifit them for the better?[/quote']They feel superior to us, they ARE convinced that they're right and we're wrong, so why should they lower down to our level and ask you to stay and post? They're against everybody who left org, you're among the first, and they haven't thought at all about how precious you were, not for one second.Their ultimate goal? Believe in their own lies (I don't know the name, but it's a mental illness) and deny the evidence.
However' date=' the actions, such as removing the edit key on the scrapbook section (I love to tweek things, thus the reason I'm a mod here on this scrapbook section so I can do it myself) seems agressive.[/quote']They probably followed "Better safe than sorry", thinking that you would delete your scrapbook completely (which they consider valuable, see my previous post). They are aggressive, they thought to harm you, while you going away was THEIR loss.
My only question is why not get rid of us all in one clean sweep? Why one or two at a time?
I've just checked in and I'm still active. Got a PM from PP where he says he's missed me!Do you remember Lou the good old days, when PP was automatically redirected to Disney website?

I understand how many feel like being banned is like a "badge of honor". I don't mind if you feel that way. Rightfully so' date=' it's a just feeling.I however am saddend at thier loss. What would make them ban me? Do they really realize what they have done? I mean really?Not to sound immodest, but not a lot of members like me come around every day that has a constant flow of new, interesting items to share. Had I been them, I would have bent over backwards to at least try to make me happy, so I would continue to post on the scrapbook section with the latest. I was made to feel unwelcome. This is actually quite sad. I'm not sure they thought this through. What is thier ultimate goal now? How does this benifit them for the better?I don't want to "kill" them, or harm them in any way, that's not what I'm about. I just wanted to share some very valuable information. However, the actions, such as removing the edit key on the scrapbook section (I love to tweek things, thus the reason I'm a mod here on this scrapbook section so I can do it myself) seems agressive. If I wanted to, in a blink of an eye, I could have ALL the photos removed there in an instant, but I haven't, so there isn't a need to remove the edit key. It's actually better that they leave the scrapbook section there. If anyone visits, likes it, nobody will be able to answer the questions correctly, they will eventually seek me (us) out with thier questions, as we show up on search engines, as does "COOPER&BURNETT". It's actually free advertising for us here.Removing it would only hurt us. The more people that see it, the better. My Scrapbook section is seen on two websites.This is truly sad everyone. This is not joyous, I feel sad for them, not anger.Your thoughts?[/quote']well spokeni still dont know what happened thowhat was the reason for them to ban you?

Nobody knows for sure.How sad.Had they only reached out......I'm no threat.

• Administrators

Controlling is with which totality of totalness. Such that like with Canada in springtime when birds fly and toads come out frolic in park they need creator of some form or controller to control so not they drown in puddle or fly into tree. Without control protect to save harm no control there be and no control is no better than control without protect.

Makes perfect sense to me!

• Administrators
I've just checked in and I'm still active. Got a PM from PP where he says he's missed me!Do you remember Lou the good old days' date=' when PP was automatically redirected to Disney website?[/quote']I remember it well. That was Randolph's doing back when he was actually there!