Music made exclusivly for MV ?

Orson-Fader

40 minutes ago, Tom said:

„Music exclusively made for MV“ is a pretty explicit title of this thread I thought ...;)

and Lionas songs for example are songs with quite a long history...

“Made for” could also be interpreted as “recorded/produced for” (evidently :) )

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/13/2020 at 4:37 AM, Orson-Fader said:

this one also....

This is a rework of a Phil Collins song called" "Man With The Horn". A B side from No Jacket Required.  The lyrics were changed but basically the same song.

On 3/13/2020 at 4:37 AM, Orson-Fader said:

this one also....

• 2 weeks later...

This was literally my introduction to Rap Music. I'm a big fan of the late 70s to stuff made up until 1988.

Grandmaster Melle Mel is regarded as the greatest of all-time, and for very good reasons talked about here:

Edited by Neons in Noir

Was Ted Nugent’s “Little Miss Dangerous” made for the episode of the same name? The episode came out before the album did. There’s gotta be some connection in the titles and usage of the song, unless the song was just released and they quickly wrote the episode or changed the episode’s title to match up with the song.

Edited by AndrewRemington

On 5/14/2020 at 10:03 AM, Tom said:

You are missing three Truman songs, Two by Ted Nugent (both were composed for MV) and that many of the songs you listed (eg Leona songs, some Easton songs) were in fact composed long before MV but just „covered“ by the actors in the scene.

I really liked this one and "Help me through the night". Cool songs.

• Like 1

On 6/27/2020 at 3:36 AM, Vincent Hanna said:

I really liked this one and "Help me through the night". Cool songs.

Yes this is a great song.

• 4 months later...
Am 27.6.2020 um 03:50 schrieb AndrewRemington:

Was Ted Nugent’s “Little Miss Dangerous” made for the episode of the same name? The episode came out before the album did. There’s gotta be some connection in the titles and usage of the song, unless the song was just released and they quickly wrote the episode or changed the episode’s title to match up with the song.

That song was written for the episode. As was Angry young man for Definitely Miami two month earlier. Ted Nugent even thanks director Rob Cohen on the inner sleeve of the album. The album was released in early 1986 and named after the song.

• Like 3

vor einer Stunde schrieb RedDragon86:

Was Tim Truman the singer as well?

Yes. Everything´s inside of me was a demo he sang himself. It was quickly used as they could not get music rights of John Cougar Mellencamp´s song "Crumblin´ down". They asked Truman if he had something, he sen them the master tape and they placed it in the episode and lost the tape. That´s what Truman told me at least.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tom said:

Yes. Everything´s inside of me was a demo he sang himself. It was quickly used as they could not get music rights of John Cougar Mellencamp´s song "Crumblin´ down". They asked Truman if he had something, he sen them the master tape and they placed it in the episode and lost the tape. That´s what Truman told me at least.

Wow he is a good singer.

I am glad they didn't get the rights to that song, just had a listen to it and it wouldn't have worked in that scene with Celeste. Truman's was a much better fit. 

On 11/1/2020 at 4:13 AM, Tom said:

That song was written for the episode. As was Angry young man for Definitely Miami two month earlier. Ted Nugent even thanks director Rob Cohen on the inner sleeve of the album. The album was released in early 1986 and named after the song.

Thanks so much, Tom! I was hoping my question would be answered. That is great “The Nuge” recorded those songs for MV! :clap: