Best season

Mrich209

3 hours ago, Vincent Hanna said:

Can I cheat and say the last half of S1 and the first half of S2 is the best? Almost everything from Milk Run to Little Miss Dangerous is peak Vice.

Very true!

• Like 1

The neat thing about S1 was how cohesive it felt. The cool little details like mentioning "Tubbs visiting Valerie in NY". Crockett and Brenda discussing his relationship with Gina. Crockett telling Lombard that he hadn't forgotten about Barbara Carrow. etc.

Season 2 doesn't really have any of that, they went out of their way to do purely standalone episodes. (except for Prodigal Son and Sons and Lovers). It would've been nice if we saw familiar faces again like Pam Grier or something.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Season 1 or 2, not just because the quality of episodes were better but the main actors, especially Don showed more motivation in their roles, they acted more natural and humble.

I don't t know what it was but Don seemed different after "Sons & Lovers" maybe the money and fame got to him and he got a bit carried away with it. 

In season 3 he gives off the impression that he full of himself, happy go luck in his performance. PMT changed after 2 as well,  he ditched his cool image and attitude, he was too conventional.

Edited by RedDragon86
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I may be a little late to the party; but I feel, like many here, that Season 1 was the most "consistent". Season 2 was great too, but it was with a few more ups and downs.  "Definitely Miami" is my 4th favorite episode, but S2 isn't "as memorable" as the first overall.

Regarding later seasons (3,4 and 5), both the worst and the best episodes, for me atleast, are located there, and that car lifted the quality a little by itself, but overall..... not good....... at all...... now I understand why the ratings and views were dropping year by year.

• Like 2