Extras in the OCB

airtommy

12 minutes ago, Mr. Vigilante said:

Looks like Trivette from Walker: Texas Ranger!

lol, he does, but I'm talking about the white guy with reddish hair between Sonny and Gina.

On 3/29/2020 at 8:35 PM, airtommy said:

I'll start with an obscure one:

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0285468/

In "Stone's War" Raymond Forchion played "O'Hara", one the CIA goons chasing after Ira Stone.  But he got his start on Vice playing an OCB character named "Don". 

In "Cool Runnin" he is in the scene where Noogie gets booked at the OCB.  Tubbs walks up to him and says "Hey Don" and then they have a long conversation that you can barely hear.

don1.png.c557aa6f2510c1bbb3623d497c2012a7.png

Later Don & Trudy banter as they go to Lou's office.  Don says "That kind of spray pattern gets serious".

don2.png.7d40c1dcb9b1cb2b8c19059c8aa315bc.png

don3.png.c22a0bc31d5d1cbf99fcbe98e47c6e64.png

In "Hit List" Don hands Tubbs a file and says "SID found this in the trunk of the shooter's car at the motel".

don4.png.fe559175a98602084b351c738cd0a44b.png

I never realised that before!

On 4/1/2020 at 6:59 PM, summer84 said:

It's in the S2 episode "LMD." The bald guy hands Rico flowers and says "Hey Tubbs, someone left this downtown for you." Tubbs replies ouhh. It sounds like the guy says "I don't know" and then "There is a card." 

Bingo!

lmd1.png.198aa666ee4a588c8780c34f984bc9e2.png

lmd2.png.1aa4c20e870016a373a69ad6db796e50.png

His other speaking line is in Like a Hurricane when he gives Sonny a cigar (maybe a joke about him always holding a cigar) and says "Best of luck, Sonny".  Sonny calls him a knothead because you traditionally give a cigar when a guy becomes a father, not when he gets married.

lahbald.png.d938ec3653e110c2ce36d0eba403d655.png

Edited by airtommy
  • Like 3

Lester Kosko (played by Julio Oscar Mechoso)

Lester seems like an OCB extra, but I can't find a single Lester appearance at the OCB!  I'm going with our current theory that the police station (with the white paneled walls) is a completely separate location from the OCB.

• "Heart of Darkness" - at Switek & Zito's warehouse sting
  • "Cool Runnin'" - at Switek & Zito's warehouse sting and at the police station

lester1.png.903917b0a534c315b8e8dcec8ef0380b.png

• "One Eyed Jack" - with Crockett on his boat
  • "No Exit" - at the Pink House and on the St Vitus

lester2.png.567af4078d3ea3bf30d386bfc2ace64c.png  lester3.png.958572da95b385512d8d2f9bee139a0d.png

• "Milk Run" - at the Senator Hotel
  • "Golden Triangle (Part II)" - at the final stakeout

lester4.png.c42325e309c8a827863b3abad0bee898.png

The actor passed away 3 years ago:

https://miamiviceonline.com/index.php?/topic/13558-rip-julio-oscar-mechoso-aka-lester-kosko/

a bit about him in the book "The Making of Miami Vice":

Julio Machoso, a community planner for Dade County and a part-time actor, auditions for roles on his lunch hour. He originally tried out for a one-liner on the show, but was liked well enough to be asked back for seven more episodes, five with speaking parts and three as the same character, Lester Kosko.

"After a couple of episodes, people started recognizing me on the street. That's never happened to me."

One director actually turned him down for a part in a film because he said he'd seen him too often on VICE. During his stint as Lester Kosko, an electronics wizard who wired characters for sound, he nearly used up all his vacation leave from his job. But the experience, he says, was worth it.

"Everybody was just great to me. Don and Philip were helpful and encouraging. But the two guys who really went out of their way were Gregory Sierra and later, Eddie Olmos."

Edited by airtommy
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, airtommy said:

I'm going with our current theory that the police station (with the white paneled walls) is a completely separate location from the OCB.

Weren’t both of those at Greenwich Studios?

28 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

Weren’t both of those at Greenwich Studios?

Yes definitely, but fictionally they were different buildings (I think).

Did Lester ever wire anybody up?  It seems like he did, but I can't think of when.

• Like 1

On 4/5/2020 at 8:50 PM, airtommy said:

Yes definitely, but fictionally they were different buildings (I think).

While I was watching “Rites of Passage” last night, I noticed Val (at Tubbs’ desk) saying Tubbs was “downstairs”. Is our favorite office in every episode on the second floor? Or was Tubbs in the basement? :) 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

While I was watching “Rites of Passage” last night, I noticed Val (at Tubbs’ desk) saying Tubbs was “downstairs”. Is our favorite office in every episode on the second floor? Or was Tubbs in the basement? :) 

All of the room numbers are 20X, so I guess they were saying it was 2nd floor.

Previously discussed here:  https://miamiviceonline.com/index.php?/topic/11592-vice-headquarters-is-supposedly-upstairs-in-the-gold-coast-shipping-building/

CGlide gives a good explanation that the OCB building in the pilot started the idea that they were on the 2nd floor.

P.S. In Rites you do see Tubbs and Crockett walking to the car in what looks like an underground garage.

Edited by airtommy
  • Like 3

44 minutes ago, airtommy said:

Previously discussed here:  https://miamiviceonline.com/index.php?/topic/11592-vice-headquarters-is-supposedly-upstairs-in-the-gold-coast-shipping-building/

CGlide gives a good explanation that the OCB building in the pilot started the idea that they were on the 2nd floor.

P.S. In Rites you do see Tubbs and Crockett walking to the car in what looks like an underground garage.

Thanks for the link. I was on a little hiatus in 2014. ;) 

8 hours ago, airtommy said:

Which floor do you think the property room/evidence room, where they have seized drugs and money. I think we see it in "Yankee Dollar"

S*** load of money and drugs in there from what I seen :)

Edited by RedDragon86

2 minutes ago, RedDragon86 said:

Which floor do you think the property room/evidence room, where they have seized drugs and money. I think we see it in "Yankee Dollar"

S*** load of money and drugs in there from what I seen :)

If I remember correctly, there’s an exterior shot just before that scene suggesting they’re not at OCB at all. Ironically, that exterior shot is not even in Miami (also “if I remember correctly”). 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

If I remember correctly, there’s an exterior shot just before that scene suggesting they’re not at OCB at all. Ironically, that exterior shot is not even in Miami (also “if I remember correctly”). 

Oh I see, different location.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dadrian said:

Yes a police station in an area of LA.

Edited by Matt5
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, airtommy said:

That was filmed on the rear loading dock of stage D at Greenwich Studios and actually, they are walking out of the building. The Daytona is parked outside on street level:

OCB_Garage.thumb.jpg.8921b12c3ed833711eea8a4190fa9db6.jpg

this is the same location used in "Heart of Darkness" (note the wooden stairs behind Stan) and "Cool Runnings" as Switek and Zito's stolen goods storage.

HoD_Garage.thumb.jpg.a10038167ffeb285f828e6c057984852.jpg

In Cool Runnings you can see it's on street level:

CR_Garage.thumb.jpg.ea5dd80b47a3e0b2d8450a6a9eee85fc.jpg

Same location in "Evan"

Evan.png

Edited by daytona365
  • Thanks 2

In Sons & Lovers  we see Pete.   I haven't noticed him any other time.

696363351_slpete.png.f1bf505ab0e2b20662064bc9def5c90c.png

We also see Dio & Mark at the funeral:

195405722_sldiomark.png.2f49c078cef40a60371e7c418d6e0e60.png

Edited by airtommy
  • Like 1

On 4/11/2020 at 8:27 PM, airtommy said:

In Sons & Lovers  we see Pete.   I haven't noticed him any other time.

696363351_slpete.png.f1bf505ab0e2b20662064bc9def5c90c.png

And here he is again in "Irish Eyes," Metro Dades surveillance room.

1323919194_peteinirisheyesseason3.jpg.e033e08dbbff60c06fea0e0f8b9b9997.jpg

Edited by summer84
  • Like 2

On 4/1/2020 at 7:59 PM, Tom said:

What about the red haired fellow cop in OCB who appeared in all seasons in the background (they referred to him as „Mark“ once) before he was stabbed to death in the final episode while guarding the safe house?

Mark as he is about to get stabbed in Freefall:

freefallmark2.png.ff3868286c80f1121517d923f68fb43e.png

freefallmark.png.71b893af17ccef1f97e31ec7dabae2a3.png

• Sad 1

vor 52 Minuten schrieb airtommy:

Mark as he is about to get stabbed in Freefall:

freefallmark2.png.ff3868286c80f1121517d923f68fb43e.png

freefallmark.png.71b893af17ccef1f97e31ec7dabae2a3.png

I always asked myself anyway whose smart idea it was to guard a safehouse(!) -  in essence a secret location that nobody in the neighborhood should be aware of - openly with an M16??? That’s tactical nonsense irrespective of done by police or military. 

Castillo hopefully not.

PS smart move would have been to place guards inside the garden. behind the wall. Hard to be seen  from outside and much harder to attack or to neutralize, especially without warning the people inside the house.

• Like 4

On 4/5/2020 at 8:12 PM, airtommy said:

Lester Kosko (played by Julio Oscar Mechoso)

Lester seems like an OCB extra, but I can't find a single Lester appearance at the OCB!  I'm going with our current theory that the police station (with the white paneled walls) is a completely separate location from the OCB.

What about 7:35 in No Exit?

"Lester, come on, I got a job for ya."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1