DJs stunt double

Tom

Whoever asked himself how DJs stunt double, Bobby Foxworth, looked like - here is a rare frontal shot of him in an episode (he can be spotted quite clearly in Home Invaders, Miracle Man and One way ticket, Lost madonna, but mostly from behind or from a distance). This was filmed in Club Pizzazz in Ft.Lauderdale for "Better living for chemistry, but briefly used in "Rock and a hard place".

Next to it is a picture together with DJ to compare. There is a funny story about their similarity: DJ said once when he met Foxworth the first time face-to-face he simply was stunned and said: "Where the heck do you come from?". 

Bobby Foxworth learnt a lot from Paul Nuckles the original stunt supervisor on the show. When Paul retired in season five, Foxworth took over until the end of the show.

P.S. Foxworth and DJ had the same height, weight, hair color and clothes sizes. Whenever the team ordered wardrobe for DJ, they orderer 4 pieces. 1 for DJ, 1 as back-up and 2 for the stuntman. A huge distinctive factor between both men is their walk and the slightly different hairstyle/missing curls from Foxworth especially in season 5´s hair. Foxworth has a walk with more "hanging arms" and the head a bit bent forward which makes it easy to identify him in scenes like One way ticket (arrest of Faber), Lost Madonna (walking outside of Collonade entrance) and Miracle Man (teaser). The hair difference is obvious in "Hell hath no fury" ("C"&T carry Trudy back into Ellen´s apartment), Lost madonna ("Crocket" counting money in the Colonade hotel) just to quote a few. In "Home invaders" he drives Crockett´s Ferrari in slow motion vis a vis the Sasson Hotel which was the most obvious flaw in concealing stunt man participation.

P.P.S. Foxworth worked on a MV script with a Crockett look-alike dealer. DJ was interested but that idea never came to life.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-05-28 um 13.10.48.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-05-28 um 13.11.51.png

Edited by Tom
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• Administrators

I believe he climbed the bridge at the end of "French Twist"  DJ had an ankle sprain but I doubt they would've let him do the stunt anyway.

1 hour ago, MTVcops said:

Is this  Bobby?

image.thumb.png.7576d4e3a2bdecbd1a275124fd843d2a.png

image.thumb.jpeg.57eaefce173382f488232cb0657ed229.jpeg

7519338A-F60F-4CC0-8E0D-DE822447466D.thumb.png.6a7dd7c2c080ac728346e05b073009e9.png

0E97893C-A3F6-48B3-A8C8-9F8426E4BF36.png

I lean towards it being Bobby. This is an off camera shot? because I don't remember Crockett running with those clothes in TPS.

Edited by RedDragon86

• 3 months later...
On 5/28/2020 at 2:44 PM, MTVcops said:

Is this  Bobby?

image.thumb.png.7576d4e3a2bdecbd1a275124fd843d2a.png

image.thumb.jpeg.57eaefce173382f488232cb0657ed229.jpeg

7519338A-F60F-4CC0-8E0D-DE822447466D.thumb.png.6a7dd7c2c080ac728346e05b073009e9.png

0E97893C-A3F6-48B3-A8C8-9F8426E4BF36.png

Bobby or Don seem to messing around off camera because when Sonny is running in the episode he is wearing different clothes.

prodigal-son-0129.jpg

Bobby May have been running to catch a DJ fan who offered DJ “anything he wanted”. Maybe she didn’t have 20/20 vision!

Edited by Dadrian
  • Like 2

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 5/28/2020 at 7:21 AM, Tom said:

A huge distinctive factor between both men is their walk and the slightly different hairstyle/missing curls from Foxworth especially in season 5´s hair. Foxworth has a walk with more "hanging arms" and the head a bit bent forward which makes it easy to identify him in scenes like

Lost Madonna (walking outside of Collonade entrance)

Lost madonna ("Crocket" counting money in the Colonade hotel) just to quote a few.

Now that you point it out, I can really see it in the counting money scene.

DJ's face is only seen in close-up shots with a plain background that could easily be the studio.  In the wider camera shots, his back is always to the camera.  And the hair looks straighter in those clips.

Foxworth:

double1.png.d1cd3b6e4b3930ce81f346f94addad77.png

Don Johnson:

double2.png.ce1e336e9829b68376fa93e8f83b6473.png

Edited by airtommy
  • Like 1

I remember in S5 there was a scene with Philip Michael Thomas and Bobby Foxworth, and they just dubbed in Don Johnson's voice even though it was perfectly clear it was Bobby :)

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Vincent Hanna:

I remember in S5 there was a scene with Philip Michael Thomas and Bobby Foxworth, and they just dubbed in Don Johnson's voice even though it was perfectly clear it was Bobby :)

Asian Cut, the whole scene in the professor´s house at the end. DJ was never at this location to film. See below. That ain´t DJ´s nose! :p

Bildschirmfoto 2022-11-11 um 08.56.46.png

• Like 2

11 hours ago, airtommy said:

Now that you point it out, I can really see it in the counting money scene.

DJ's face is only seen in close-up shots with a plain background that could easily be the studio.  In the wider camera shots, his back is always to the camera.  And the hair looks straighter in those clips.

Foxworth:

double1.png.d1cd3b6e4b3930ce81f346f94addad77.png

Don Johnson:

double2.png.ce1e336e9829b68376fa93e8f83b6473.png

I like this photo of the "real" DJ....but just a thought: I always thought a "stunt double" was used for..well..er..stunts....not just as a fill in when the main star wasn't present for whatever reason in a straightforward scene.( Except on the odd occasion it was filmed at some distance from Miami.)

vor 47 Minuten schrieb wolfie1996:

I like this photo of the "real" DJ....but just a thought: I always thought a "stunt double" was used for..well..er..stunts....not just as a fill in when the main star wasn't present for whatever reason in a straightforward scene.( Except on the odd occasion it was filmed at some distance from Miami.)

The stunt double is the only logical choice for such replacements as he/she has the same height/weight and appearance and the production has automatically the same clothes for the stunt double like for the star. The normal "stand-in" person (i.e. someone who replaces the star in the process of preparing the scene with lights, etc.) would be remotely similar in height and build and that´s it, let alone missing face similarities. So why not use stunt doubles for this too?

BTW: DJ was often absent on set on certain days and they had to manage around it. I remember a recent interview with Lou Diamond Philips (see YouTube video below at around 1:20) where Lou remembers most that the final shootout in "Red Tape" was on a Friday and DJ was absent as he had most Fridays off and was replaced by his stunt double. In Red Tape his absence had probably a special reason, as he was director of the next episode "by hooker by crook" and had to attend pre-production meetings for this episode. As Crockett was hardly part of the final shoot out scene, they probably gave him the day off for attending the production meeting and did the close-ups later and Lou Diamond Philips was certainly not aware of that reason.

:dance2:

Edited by Tom
  • Like 1

This is clearly Bobby, the way he shrugs his shoulders indicate that also in the scene, something Don wouldn't have done.

Untitled.png.a14aa2cd767270e0403fb3ec4c3435d5.png

It's really a shame that Don was present in such a great scene, where was he?

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, RedDragon86 said:

This is clearly Bobby, the way he shrugs his shoulders indicate that also in the scene, something Don wouldn't have done.

Untitled.png.a14aa2cd767270e0403fb3ec4c3435d5.png

It's really a shame that Don was present in such a great scene, where was he?

EJO was clearly doubled in some of those fight shots too. 

• Thanks 1

In "Asian Cut" they didn't even bother to dub in DJ's voice.  You actually hear Foxworth speaking!!!  I never noticed this until Dadrian pointed it out in another thread:

I know we’ve all noticed many scenes where DJ’s stunt double Bobby J. Foxworth is a little too obvious in higher definition, but has anyone ever noticed that he actually has a speaking part in this episode?

Near the end when C&T break into Haliwell’s home at night, that entire scene is  Foxworh. When T&C are in the dark on the staircase (with the reporter hanging behind them), Bobby’s silhouette is remarkably close to DJ’s, but he sounds nothing like DJ when he says, “What’d you find?”, and “Let’s go!”

Check it our next time. :)

Edited by airtommy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

This is the best pic I know of with both next to each other. They really look very similar and I get why they got sometimes mixed up even on set by crew members.

Bildschirmfoto 2022-05-21 um 10.51.01.png

• Like 4

I think it was Summer84 who pointed out this was Bobby a while ago at the end of "Smugglers Blues"

Untitled.png.17a563bf59cbe2ee4abb3a84caa2d0ac.png

What is the reason why Don is not present in a still moment like this? @Tom I understand that if he is going to be in a dangerous scene Bobby will do it of course.

Edited by RedDragon86
  • Like 3

vor 18 Minuten schrieb RedDragon86:

I think it was Summer84 who pointed out this was Bobby a while ago at the end of "Smugglers Blues"

Untitled.png.17a563bf59cbe2ee4abb3a84caa2d0ac.png

What is the reason why Don is not present in a still moment like this? @Tom I understand that if he is going to be in a dangerous scene Bobby will do it of course.

That is not DJ, that´s for sure. I don´t know why he was doubled here, but my best guess is that in this episode lot of crew members got sick (bad stomach) and this had something to do with it.

• Thanks 3