DJs stunt double

Tom

18 minutes ago, Tom said:

That is not DJ, that´s for sure. I don´t know why he was doubled here, but my best guess is that in this episode lot of crew members got sick (bad stomach) and this had something to do with it.

That would explain it.

Another non stunt moment I noticed was Ernest Robinson in the Daytona as Tubbs with Don driving into OCB, can't remember the episode though.

I think the illness explanation is spot on :thumbsup:

Edited by RedDragon86

vor 1 Minute schrieb RedDragon86:

That would explain it.

Another non stunt moment I noticed was Ernest Robinson in the Daytona as Tubbs with Don driving into OCB, can't remember the episode though.

I think the illness explaining is spot on :thumbsup:

Rick Bravo mentioned that there were major delays in this episode because half the crew got sick. Even if DJ was not affected, they could have decided to minimize his risk by not exposing DJ to the set. 

But this is just a wild guess. Sometimes these "non-stunt" double scenes are hard to understand. Why was PMT doubled in the mall shooting in Down for the count part 2? It was clearly Ernie Robinson who entered the mall with DJ in that episode. Why DJ in Asian cut in the doctor´s house? 

Sometimes the logic was obvious. In "One way ticket" both PMT and DJ were doubled in the arrest scene at the horse farm. This was explainable though, as the farm was in Homestead which is a 1 hour drive and this was the only very short scene in the script for C&T at this location.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Dadrian said:

Sometimes I wish I had a stunt double. 

I thought you hired a guy named jan hammer for this task.

Edited by Mr. Calderon
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, Tom said:

That is not DJ, that´s for sure. I don´t know why he was doubled here, but my best guess is that in this episode lot of crew members got sick (bad stomach) and this had something to do with it.

You guys know. Not questioning that.

But how can you tell it's not Don? Hair, shoulders, what? 

Just interested.

vor einer Stunde schrieb apocalypse:

You guys know. Not questioning that.

But how can you tell it's not Don? Hair, shoulders, what? 

Just interested.

In this specific shot it’s the ear. But also the hair is a bit different. In some other scenes it’s the profile (eg nose shape) or the walk and in some it’s obvious because he’s in plain sight (eg Car drive in Home Invaders).

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mr. Calderon said:

I thought you hired a guy named jan hammer for this task.

I fired him for not releasing the music from Buddies and Definitely Miami. :) 

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...

Forget a stunt-double, I'd be happy with just a "work-double". Just let that guy go do my job while I go do "my work". That being working out, and working on my tan, lol.

• 1 year later...

From the pilot episode Brother's Keeper 

Photo with Bobby visible, jumping from the bridge onto the Stinger 

420077171_365216252805151_7692550992335566509_n.jpg.07559d2fca44d8b36e46cc8e6e4abb0a.jpg

• Like 3