The “HELP! What’s That’s Episode?” Thread

AndrewRemington

2 hours ago, AndrewRemington said:

This isn’t from an episode, but I’ve been curious about this for a long time... When was this promo shot taken? It’s one of the promo shots I see the most. Crockett’s hair looks shorter than season 1 or 2, but longer than season 3. Just seems odd. Anybody know what month/year? Could it be summer between season 2 and 3?

6C9E853F-5F68-4B1B-BDC9-229A63A0D88B.jpeg

Seems like I remember something about this being between seasons 2 and 3 before they decided to go the darker direction. 

Edited by Dadrian
  • Thanks 1

On 7/21/2020 at 9:36 AM, AndrewRemington said:

I found this GIF online and it’s a really funny moment, but what episode is this from? Is it “Whatever Works”? Also, what does that mean when he wiggles his fingers? It’s hilarious but I don’t understand what that means. Maybe if I remember what episode, it tied in with the dialogue somehow? I never picked up on it, just seemed weird but funny.

D9E379C9-A897-4732-8037-719CAF5A8728.gif

We always referred to this as giving someone a bouquet...a bouquet of middle fingers. :)

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

Seems like I remember something about this being between seasons 2 and 3 before they decided to go the darker direction. 

That seems to make sense. Crockett’s hair is a little windswept (a la Bryan Ferry :)) but on closer look it looks pretty close to the season 3 cut.

• Like 1

• Administrators

It’s “Whatever Works” this was Sonny’s reply to Stan when he told him he could borrow the bugvan.  Season 2, episode 2

6 hours ago, AndrewRemington said:

This isn’t from an episode, but I’ve been curious about this for a long time... When was this promo shot taken? It’s one of the promo shots I see the most. Crockett’s hair looks shorter than season 1 or 2, but longer than season 3. Just seems odd. Anybody know what month/year? Could it be summer between season 2 and 3?

3 hours ago, Dadrian said:

37 minutes ago, Ferrariman said:

It’s “Whatever Works” this was Sonny’s reply to Stan when he told him he could borrow the bugvan.  Season 2, episode 2

I was responding to this photo, not the fingers (for the record :);))

17 hours ago, AndrewRemington said:

It's definitely Tubb's season 1 haircut, maybe Don's hair wasn't styled the usual way?

Edited by RedDragon86

On 8/21/2020 at 6:40 PM, AndrewRemington said:

This picture you posted a while back (season 3 -1986 promo shot) the hair looks similar and could be the same time, after season 2. 

Don Johnson Promo Shot 1986 - Don Johnson - The Miami Vice Community

Edited by RedDragon86
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Crockettt said:

It was promo shot for Season 3. You can find more pictures from this session here: 

https://www.gettyimages.com/photos/miami-vice-season-3?family=editorial&phrase=miami vice season 3&sort=oldest#license

Thanks. I was beginning to think I made it up. :) 

On 8/21/2020 at 4:30 PM, Dadrian said:

• Like 2

On 8/22/2020 at 1:41 PM, Dadrian said:

@Matt5 was it you who had info on when this promo shot above happened?

The one you are thinking of ref the info I had that was the Aventura mini mall shoot on March 25th, 1985.

This widely used promo shot here Is from mid Season 3.:cheers:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Matt5 said:

The one you are thinking of ref the info I had that was the Aventura mini mall shoot on March 25th, 1985.

This widely used promo shot here Is from mid Season 3.:cheers:

Wow, well I guess Sonny did start to wear more white as Season 3 went on. At the start it was a lot of gray, dark blue and black with some pops of color.

1 hour ago, AndrewRemington said:

Wow, well I guess Sonny did start to wear more white as Season 3 went on. At the start it was a lot of gray, dark blue and black with some pops of color.

Yes this around the time of mid Season 3 towards the later part of 1986.

• Like 2