Andrew Halvorson Original Music

AndrewRemington

I have been away from the site for a few months. I’ve been very busy. I moved to a new house a month ago. I’m a first time homeowner and it is great! It took a lot of time and effort to move, set-up, and get all the paperwork worked out. There’s a lot more responsibility in owning a house versus living in an apartment.

I hope to make it on here more often! In addition to moving, I also got promoted within my job, and it’s a bit more fast-paced, but it’s a good change and more moolah! :cheers:

Before I moved, I wrapped up recording a song, and then spent the first month here at the new house editing and mixing it. Overall, I spent five months on it. Part of the reason why it took so long to finish is because I kept working on different synth parts for it, but nothing was working out, so there is no synth in the song at all. I think it sounds full enough with just vocals, guitar, bass and drums, but I just wanted synth in there as I love synth! I guess I don’t have to have synth in all my songs!

Anyway, here is the song! I hope you all enjoy!

Edited by AndrewRemington
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

This may seem really bizarre. This isn’t my usual style of music. I just love Halloween and horror movies. I thought it would be fun to give the Halloween main theme a trap/90’s g-funk style. I used a Roland TR-808 emulation and some soft synths. I was having some fun, and then 3 hours later… lol.

• Like 3

This is another recent song I completed. It's the most emotional song I've ever done. My best friend wrote the opening bass riff years ago. He died seven years ago, just the day before he was to go to college. He was the best friend I could ever ask for. The lyrics were inspired by him, my dad, and two grandpas who passed away. Life is so difficult.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I did a cover of a song from an episode of "Freddy's Nightmares." It's a 1988 episode titled "Sister Keeper." Even if you haven't seen the show, you may enjoy the track. I tried to faithfully redo it the best I could, but it the leads would sound better if I had a guitar with a whammy bar.

• Like 1

On 1/11/2022 at 7:00 AM, Kladdagh said:

I remember this series ... Was "fine" in comparaison of the movies. 

The show was definitely very low budget, but I love it. It was a very strange little horror series. I love everything Freddy, and I love low-budget horror, so it’s a win-win for me.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Here is my latest song. I'm going for a more quirky and new wave style, trying to re-create the new wave style of the late 70's and early 80's, inspired by Slow Children, The Fixx, The B-52's, Joe Jackson, The Clash, Wall of Voodoo, etc... while also inspired by Elvis and early rock n' roll.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0o23rINbgOQ

• Like 1

18 hours ago, AndrewRemington said:

Here is my latest song. I'm going for a more quirky and new wave style, trying to re-create the new wave style of the late 70's and early 80's, inspired by Slow Children, The Fixx, The B-52's, Joe Jackson, The Clash, Wall of Voodoo, etc... while also inspired by Elvis and early rock n' roll.

Awesome man! :clap:

• Like 1

On 2/26/2022 at 2:20 AM, AndrewRemington said:

Great piece 

Thankyou for sharing Pal.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Here is my remake of the intro to "Billie Jean" by Michael Jackson. It isn't exact, but I think it sounds pretty good. It's got LinnDrum, synth bass and strings, and Fender Rhodes.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

This is an intro cover to "Little Red Corvette" by Prince. I love this song so much. It was one of the biggest influences on my "Dreamgirl" song. 

It's Saturday night, I guess that makes it alright!

• Like 2

• 9 months later...

I just finished a cover of Kim Carnes "Bette Davis Eyes" but changed it to "Norma Shearer Eyes." I've always loved Kim Carnes version, but I thought I'd change Bette Davis to Norma Shearer as she is one of my favorite classic actresses who doesn't get the recognition she should. I dedicate this song to her memory.

• Like 2

Here is my newest song to be completed even though I wrote it years ago. It's definitely a change... It's one of my attempts at rockabilly and rock 'n' roll from the mid-to-late 50's. Think Elvis, Gene Vincent, Ricky Nelson... I have to thank @Dadrian for revitalizing my mind on rockabilly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZy38JSrpwc

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AndrewRemington said:

Here is my newest song to be completed even though I wrote it years ago. It's definitely a change... It's one of my attempts at rockabilly and rock 'n' roll from the mid-to-late 50's. Think Elvis, Gene Vincent, Ricky Nelson... I have to thank @Dadrian for revitalizing my mind on rockabilly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZy38JSrpwc

Nice!  I’m not a huge rockabilly fan, but I went with friends several times to a festival in Orange County here in SoCal called Hootenanny.  It’s no longer held.  It’s cool that Dadrian turned you back on to it.  I’m not a musician but my wife (who plays multiple instruments) and I both love live music.

This festival was during the late 90’s and early 2000’s.  It was a lot of fun.  The Reverend Horton Heat was there every time, and I recall seeing The Stray Cats, Blazing Haley, Bo Diddley, Jerry Lee Lewis and Chuck Berry!!!  The local band, Social Distortion, was there a couple of times too and Big Bad Voodoo Daddy.  Not all rockabilly, but great live music.

Edited by pahonu
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, pahonu said:

Nice!  I’m not a huge rockabilly fan, but I went with friends several times to a festival in Orange County here in SoCal called Hootenanny.  It’s no longer held.  It’s cool that Dadrian turned you back on to it.  I’m not a musician but my wife (who plays multiple instruments) and I both love live music.

This festival was during the late 90’s and early 2000’s.  It was a lot of fun.  The Reverend Horton Heat was there every time, and I recall seeing The Stray Cats, Blazing Haley, Bo Diddley, Jerry Lee Lewis and Chuck Berry!!!  The local band, Social Distortion, was there a couple of times too and Big Bad Voodoo Daddy.  Not all rockabilly, but great live music.

That sounds like quite a show! I love going to live music myself, I just don't like the huge arena stuff. I like smaller venues or where it's not so loud you can't hear the dynamics. 

I fluctuate which genre I'm into. I feel like a lot has to do with the seasons and what's going on in life. I will say that "Swing Skirt" was single-handedly inspired by a girl I saw wearing a pink swing skirt and dressed really 50's, haha.

Here is another 50's style rockabilly/rock 'n' roll song I just posted... sort of the B-side to "Swing Skirt" but it's instrumental and mainly inspired by Duane Eddy. It's another song I wrote long ago but never recorded.

• 11 months later...

I haven't posted in here in a while, even though I'm always doing music. I think this latest song I made might fit into MV somewhere. Maybe "Little Miss Dangerous"? 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, AndrewRemington said:

I haven't posted in here in a while, even though I'm always doing music. I think this latest song I made might fit into MV somewhere. Maybe "Little Miss Dangerous"? 

Reminds me a bit of Talking Heads. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, pahonu said:

Reminds me a bit of Talking Heads. :thumbsup:

Thank you! I'm definitely a fan of them!