Trip to Miami 2020!

Dadrian

vor 7 Stunden schrieb Dadrian:

Then we checked into our room. My wife wanted to stay at The Fontainebleau. Again, I had no objections. :)

No worries that Lyle would pick her up on the beach or was that the hidden agenda?:p

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, daytona365 said:

Btw I noticed you and I seem to have become brothers in hairstyle...:thumbsup:

Mine started thinning a few years back, so I keep it really short now. I miss my hair from my avatar though. That was from around 2014. ;(

Maybe it will help me sound more like Jan Hammer. :) 

4 hours ago, Tom said:

Great pics and trip story @Dadrian!

sad to see another landmark (JJs building) gone or crippled compared to the beautiful state it was in the 80s.

the jewelry store from Home Invaders is on the same side of Sunset Drive as JJs restaurant, just to avoid confusion for others who want to go there in person.

Thanks, Tom. I was confused myself! :) 

4 hours ago, Tom said:

No worries that Lyle would pick her up on the beach or was that the hidden agenda?:p

I kept her pretty close. There were a few young ladies there who seemed to be without their concealed weapons licenses though. :D

• Haha 1

vor 10 Minuten schrieb Dadrian:

Thanks, Tom. I was confused myself! :) 

I kept her pretty close. There were a few young ladies there who seemed to be without their concealed weapons licenses though. :D

As long as she does not know the episode and you did not have to do the whole (jewelry store) shopping tour there with her including the white lines it’s okay. :D

38 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

Mine started thinning a few years back, so I keep it really short now.

it was the same for me. on top of that they've started to turn grey recently. So I'm down to a 9mm tapered buzz now. But tat also means I'm liberated from having to get that swoosh right every morning.

38 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

Maybe it will help me sound more like Jan Hammer. :) 

yeah turn the curse into a blessing. But I'm afraid even if you perm it, it won't be possible to sound more like Jan Hammer than you already do.

24 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

I kept her pretty close.

No one will dare to hit on the wife of the Refrigeration Kingpin of the Southeast unless they want to find themselves up locked up in a chest freezer on the bottom of the Atlantic...

Edited by daytona365
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Tom said:

As long as she does not know the episode and you did not have to do the whole (jewelry store) shopping tour there with her including the white lines it’s okay. :D

Now that you mention it, we did everything but the lines and the murder. :) 

Btw: those bright-colored bracelets were from The Fontainebleau. You had to wear them at all times to show that you were a guest, and that you tested for no fever on the face scanner at the entrance. 

I forgot to mention that when you asked about the conditions @miamijimf.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AndrewRemington said:

Wow, thanks for sharing all the great pics! Looks like a great time! :fireworks: :clap:

You’re welcome. Yes, it was magical, as always. :fireworks:

• Like 1

• Administrators

Majorly cool buddy! Thanks for sharing. Glad you two had a great time. :thumbsup:

Oddly, Miami is only about the 4.5-5 hour drive for me but the only time I go there is to jump on a cruise ship. Maybe I should just go to sight see. 

1 hour ago, timm525 said:

Majorly cool buddy! Thanks for sharing. Glad you two had a great time. :thumbsup:

Oddly, Miami is only about the 4.5-5 hour drive for me but the only time I go there is to jump on a cruise ship. Maybe I should just go to sight see. 

You’re welcome, Tim, and thanks—we really did! We didn’t wanna come home. :) 

Yes sir you definitely need to get down there! I would say hit me up for any help or recommendations, but I think you will know just what to do! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Matt5 said:

Great photos - sorry the weather was so poor.

I love losing myself at Vizcaya. Thanks again!

Thanks Matt. The weather is now part of the memory, and it was a great day, so no worries!

Yeah the mansion is amazing. Your welcome, My Friend. 

1 hour ago, Dadrian said:

Thanks Matt. The weather is now part of the memory, and it was a great day, so no worries!

Yeah the mansion is amazing. Your welcome, My Friend. 

You really get lost in the Miami Vice atmosphere  of the place “French Twist”, “Whatever Works” And “Heart of Night” And so many more.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I wish I had checked on this site sooner, I would've met up with ya for a Blackjack. I just moved this passed 2 weeks and am now much closer to Miami (about 20 miles west of the beach). Haven't had internet and didn't even think to check on here on my phone. Glad you had a good time despite the crap weather. Given how bad hurricane season was last year, this year we're getting off light. Btw, I didn't know the Testarossa was in Pompano now. I thought it was still at the swap-n-shop/Drive-in, in Ft. Lauderdale.

• Like 1

Thanks @TylerDurden389!

Yeah a meet up would have been great! Next time. :thumbsup:

btw - that’s not THE Testarossa. It was an ‘88 model I believe. THE Testarossa is still at the Swap Shop in Sunrise. And THE other one is still owned by whoever bought it at the 2017(?) Mecum auction. ?(

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
On 9/16/2020 at 8:32 PM, Dadrian said:

First, we stopped at The (New) Auto Toy Store in Pompano Beach because I saw they had a white Testarossa for sale on their website.

The old location was in Fort Lauderdale, and was originally the car dealership we see briefly in the pilot opening theme montage ("Auto Pinache"?).

Anyway, they are in a smaller building now, but the cars are still great, especially this 1988 Testarossa with white leather!:

1.2.jpg

1.1.jpg

1.3.jpg

1.4.jpg

1.5.jpg

1.6.JPG

This car is on the market again. :fireworks:
 https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1988-ferrari-testarossa-54/

IMG_7229.webp

Edited by Dadrian
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, king77 said:

The 2 cars in the show were 1986 TR's, factory color was black, then painted white.

Exactly :thumbsup:

Are telling me this, or stating for others?

• Like 2