My MV blanket knitting thread

Christine

Some of you had read in my birthday thread about my plans of knitting a MV blanket. My plans have still started and of course I started with the most difficult part: knitting kissing PMT. It's a drawed picture, but nevertheless it annoys me. I think I pricked the part up again with his mouth about ten times. And now I have to knit one eye one can see behnd the sunglasses. Probably I can show it to you in a few days when it is finished.

• Like 2

Sorry. It’s another one of my failed attempts at humor. 

In season 3 episode Forgive Us Our Debts, Thomas Barkley tells Crockett he’s gonna give him a crash course in “blanket immunity” because he thinks he’s above the law, which, ironically, immediately puts him below water. :) 

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Dadrian:

Sorry. It’s another one of my failed attempts at humor. 

In season 3 episode Forgive Us Our Debts, Thomas Barkley tells Crockett he’s gonna give him a crash course in “blanket immunity” because he thinks he’s above the law, which, ironically, immediately puts him below water. :) 

Your humor ist okay.:) I only didn't think of a special episode while knitting.

30 minutes ago, Christine said:

Your humor ist okay.:) I only didn't think of a special episode while knitting.

I would be worried about you if you did! :) 

Don’t come down to my level. :) :p

In the past there were times when I always thought about MV. I watched it in german and in english and wrote fan fictions. Now I often think about the show, but not always.

Edited by Christine
  • Like 1

Christine Thomas  proudly presents .... kissing Ricardo Tubbs. It was the most difficult pattern I've ever knitted in my life, but I love it.

IMG_1516.JPG

Edited by Christine
  • Like 11

54 minutes ago, Christine said:

Christine Thomas  proudly presents .... kissing Ricardo Tubbs. Itwas the most difficult pattern I've ever knitted in my life, but I live it.

IMG_1516.JPG

Post of the week :cheers:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Christine said:

Christine Thomas  proudly presents .... kissing Ricardo Tubbs. Itwas the most difficult pattern I've ever knitted in my life, but I live it.

IMG_1516.JPG

Fabulous! 

• Like 1

Thanks. As I said, it was absolutly difficult, above all to knit the mouth. I had to open it several times before I realized where my mistake was, but to know it didn't make it easier, but more difficult.

• 3 weeks later...
vor 1 Minute schrieb mjcmmv:

Wow, Christine! That's amazing! 

Thank you. I'm very proud on this. I also had to re-open this work several times, but not as often as I had to do it with the "Rico knitting art work". My experiences with knitting faces grow and I hope the last ones will be much easier than the first ones. Tomorrow I'll start with Castillo.

3 minutes ago, Christine said:

Thank you. I'm very proud on this. I also had to re-open this work several times, but not as often as I had to do it with the "Rico knitting art work". My experiences with knitting faces grow and I hope the last ones will be much easier than the first ones. Tomorrow I'll start with Castillo.

I'm looking forward to seeing the results! I imagine he'll be a challenge!

vor 34 Minuten schrieb mjcmmv:

I'm looking forward to seeing the results! I imagine he'll be a challenge!

Everyone is a challenge. With Castillo the problem may be that a lot of the picture is black: His hair, the jacket, the eyes, the glasses and the mustache. I'll do my very best to present the result in the near future.

Edited by Christine

25 minutes ago, Christine said:

Everyone is a challenge. With Castillo the problem may be that a lot of the picture is black: His hair, the jacket, the eyes, the glasses and the mustache. I'll do my very best to presentthe result in the near future.

“Keep me posted” :p

34087039-B04B-4293-ADA0-36A47AA5E4E0.jpeg

• Like 1

The next knitting art work ist finished. Say hello to Lieutenant Castillo. As I thought before, he was the easiest one to knit. The next one will be Trudy. I'm really excited to see how it will work with her portrait.

Castillo.JPG

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Christine said:

The next knitting art work ist finished. Say hello to Lieutenant Castillo. As I thought before, he was the easiest one to knit. The next one will be Trudy. I'm really excited to see how it will work with her portrait.

Castillo.JPG

Nice!! :clap:

Could also pass for Jack Slade from “Cuba Libre”

6008F424-8950-439F-B85F-91EE1CDDCC01.png

vor 1 Minute schrieb Dadrian:

Nice!! :clap:

Could also pass for Jack Slade from “Cuba Libre”

6008F424-8950-439F-B85F-91EE1CDDCC01.png

You think so? The hair is different and he doesn't have the scars.

15 minutes ago, Christine said:

The hair is different and he doesn't have the scars.

Right. It’s definitely Castillo! You did great! :tasse_prost:

I guess the strong mandible and glasses in the picture you copied made me think of Slade, too  

Ask anyone here: I watch too much Miami Vice. :) 

Edited by Dadrian
  • Haha 2