My MV blanket knitting thread

Christine

vor 6 Minuten schrieb Dadrian:

Right. It’s definitely Castillo! You did great! :tasse_prost:

I guess the strong mandible and glasses in the picture you copied made me think of Slade, too  

Ask anyone here: I watch too much Miami Vice. :) 

Thanks.:) But I don't think that one can watch too much Vice.:)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Christine said:

The next knitting art work ist finished. Say hello to Lieutenant Castillo. As I thought before, he was the easiest one to knit. The next one will be Trudy. I'm really excited to see how it will work with her portrait.

Castillo.JPG

Sorry guys. I derailed the thread and just wanted to make sure her post made it to the new page. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Thanks.:) But I don't think that one can watch too much Vice.:)

Very creative work.  Congratulations.  Can I ask how you chose the images to recreate?  I notice that all three of them have sunglasses.  I don’t typically think of Castillo wearing sunglasses.  They hide his intense stare.  LOL!  Does your choice for Trudy have sunglasses?  :cool:

Am 20.11.2020 um 20:12 schrieb pahonu:

Very creative work.  Congratulations.  Can I ask how you chose the images to recreate?  I notice that all three of them have sunglasses.  I don’t typically think of Castillo wearing sunglasses.  They hide his intense stare.  LOL!  Does your choice for Trudy have sunglasses?  :cool:

Thanks. All of them are going to wear sunglasses . The reason is easy: It's impossible to knit normal eyes.  For knitting a grid is placed over the image. A box is equal to a stitch. The eyes are so small that you can hardly see anything. On a Facebook fan page I discovered a drawn picture that shows everyone with sunglasses. I only chose a different picture for Rico.
You are definitely right and the sunglasses obscure Castillo's intense gaze, but unfortunately there is no other way of doing it. 

Edited by Christine

23 minutes ago, Christine said:

Thanks. Allof them are going to wear sunglasses . The reason is easy: It's impossible to knit normal eyes.  For knitting a grid is placed over the image. A box is equal to a stitch. The eyes are so small that you can hardly see anything. On a Facebook fan page I discovered a drawn picture that shows everyone with sunglasses. I only chose a different picture for Rico.
You are definitely right and the sunglasses obscure Castillo's intense gaze, but unfortunately there is no other way of doing it. 

Very informative and interesting.  Thanks for the response!  I remember my grandmother had her bag of knitting materials with her almost anywhere she went to visit.  She made all kinds of things including stuffed animals for the grandchildren, but never anything like your work.  

On a related note, I’ve been a high school teacher for 25 years and about three years ago I noticed for the first time a few of my girls with knitting stuff so asked them about it.  Several of them said it was stress-relieving and they liked creating things.  I had a couple more girls in one class last year that knitted.  It always seemed like an activity that was disappearing but it  just might be growing in popularity.  

vor 2 Minuten schrieb pahonu:

Very informative and interesting.  Thanks for the response!  I remember my grandmother had her bag of knitting materials with her almost anywhere she went to visit.  She made all kinds of things including stuffed animals for the grandchildren, but never anything like your work.  

On a related note, I’ve been a high school teacher for 25 years and about three years ago I noticed for the first time a few of my girls with knitting stuff so asked them about it.  Several of them said it was stress-relieving and they liked creating things.  I had a couple more girls in one class last year that knitted.  It always seemed like an activity that was disappearing but it  just might be growing in popularity.  

You're welcome. Unfortunatly I can't take my knitting materials with me when I visit someone, because sometimes I knit up to 24 balls at the same time.That's why I have a large cardboard box on the sofa that contains the balls of wool that I am currently using.

In the past when my children were small, I knitted a lot of pullovers with pictures on them: above all animals.

Maybe the reason for its new popularity is because the things you knit are unique and it's very relaxing. 

I just estimated that if you work 8 hrs. a day for 12.5 weeks you should be finished! :sick:

Then we can all see and enjoy this Miami Vice, work of art.  ;) :thumbsup:

3 hours ago, Christine said:

You're welcome. Unfortunatly I can't take my knitting materials with me when I visit someone, because sometimes I knit up to 24 balls at the same time.That's why I have a large cardboard box on the sofa that contains the balls of wool that I am currently using.

In the past when my children were small, I knitted a lot of pullovers with pictures on them: above all animals.

Maybe the reason for its new popularity is because the things you knit are unique and it's very relaxing. 

Wow, lots of wool colors indeed!  I think your last statement is exactly right based on what my students told me.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

NOw Trudy is finished, but I'm not that confident with it. I think she looks a bit desperate and one needs to now that it is her. IN the background you can see the bowl with the homemade cookies. Sometimes when I think that I wil go crazy with my knitting work, I eat some of them. Sugar and chocolate helps.:D;)

Trudy 1.JPG

• Like 2

NOw Trudy is finished, but I'm not that confident with it. I think she looks a bit desperate and one needs to now that it is her. IN the background you can see the bowl with the homemade cookies. Sometimes when I think that I wil go crazy with my knitting work, I eat some of them. Sugar and chocolate helps.:D;)

Trudy 1.JPG

Christine, I think your knitting looks very much like the drawing.  Excellent work.  I think the issue might be with the drawing.  To me, it looks less obviously like Trudy than the other drawings do of their characters.  Even Castillo with sunglasses on looked very much like him.

• Like 1

vor einer Stunde schrieb pahonu:

Christine, I think your knitting looks very much like the drawing.  Excellent work.  I think the issue might be with the drawing.  To me, it looks less obviously like Trudy than the other drawings do of their characters.  Even Castillo with sunglasses on looked very much like him.

Probably you're right. Look, this is the original picture. Gina looks a bit different, too. I think I have to deal with the fact that not all of the knitting pictures look like the original.;(

Die ganze Mannschaft gezeichnet.jpg

• Like 3

vor 5 Minuten schrieb pahonu:

The Izzy drawing looks great!  They even made his eyes smaller to show the thick glasses.  I noticed you used a different Rico image.

Yes, I used a different Rico Image, because I liked the other one much better. I thought, it looked more like Tubbs. But I didn't want to knit Izzy and Noogie, only the Vice Team.

2 hours ago, Christine said:

Probably you're right. Look, this is the original picture. Gina looks a bit different, too. I think I have to deal with the fact that not all of the knitting pictures look like the original.;(

Die ganze Mannschaft gezeichnet.jpg

Nice artwork. Who did it?

vor 1 Minute schrieb Mr. Calderon:

Nice artwork. Who did it?

I don't know. I found it on the PMT fan page on Facebook while searching for knitting templates

Yes, I used a different Rico Image, because I liked the other one much better. I thought, it looked more like Tubbs. But I didn't want to knit Izzy and Noogie, only the Vice Team.

I agree it looks more like him.  Totally your call on what you want to knit.  Once again, very nice work.

I really enjoy seeing your work @Christine, and thank you for sharing it with us. 

Others here like yourself— @Robbie C., @Tom, @Crockettt, @OCBman, and @buford_t (to name a few)—keep the entertainment alive with their hobbies. 

Maybe you could listen to one of my covers sometime while making your blankets! :p

(Yes, I stooped all the way to a lousy pun :) )

vor 13 Stunden schrieb Dadrian:

I really enjoy seeing your work @Christine, and thank you for sharing it with us. 

Others here like yourself— @Robbie C., @Tom, @Crockettt, @OCBman, and @buford_t (to name a few)—keep the entertainment alive with their hobbies. 

Maybe you could listen to one of my covers sometime while making your blankets! :p

(Yes, I stooped all the way to a lousy pun :) )

You're welcome. I like sharing my work with all of you. Send me link to one of your covers and I would like to listen to it. Maybe it hits my taste. I always listen to music while knitting.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Dadrian:

Here’s my channel @Christine  you’re welcome to subscribe!

Enjoy:

https://youtube.com/channel/UCpVehxR6W47rctJyl0uVqgA

I've listened to several songs and I like them. The worse thing is only that I always want to see the pictures :) and so it's impossible for me to knit while listening to your covers

• Haha 1