Happy Thanksgiving!

Ferrariman

On 11/24/2021 at 7:23 PM, Eillio Martin Imbasciati said:

viewing the film "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles", as is my tradition.

Happy belated Thanksgiving everyone.

It's not something we celebrate in good ol' Europe, so far only Black Friday has established itself over here in recent years.

Nevertheless, I just finished watching "Planes, Trains & Automobiles" together with my daughter. Man, what a blast! It's been many years since I've last watched it and I was really delighted to see it pop up on the TV program this week.

Nice throwback to my younger days and such a great example of 1980's comedy films. And a must-see for any Vice fan, as it has great 80's music and a short scene with our beloved "Izzy" - I didn't even remember that! The soundtrack features "Modigliani" by Book of Love, which was used on the MV episode "God's Work". So, it's a great tradition you have there, @Eillio Martin Imbasciati

And then this awesome tune by "The Dream Academy" which would have been a good fit for a few Miami Vice scenes as well:

Edited by daytona365
  • Like 3

On 11/26/2021 at 8:25 AM, Kladdagh said:

Hope your Thanksgiving was magnifiscent ... Happy Belated Thanksgiving Vice Pals :thumbsup:

Mine was solid; I did my whole film 'n loaf thing, then was texting my co-worker & comrade Kimika; she told me Colleen was asking about me after I left the hotel and Kimika went to the pub to get food. Glad I did the "Happy Thanksgiving to you & yours" gesture (the hand squeeze was nice!); that gal was someone I had to seek out and wish such a regard, and salvaged that Wednesday (the meeting was "us" as a company for sure: a little disorganized, but with its heart in the right place. I truly love those sweet people=)) & later made my Thanksgiving:thumbsup:.

• Like 1

On 11/26/2021 at 5:06 PM, daytona365 said:

Happy belated Thanksgiving everyone.

It's not something we celebrate in good ol' Europe, so far only Black Friday has established itself over here in recent years.

Nevertheless, I just finished watching "Planes, Trains & Automobiles" together with my daughter. Man, what a blast! It's been many years since I've last watched it and I was really delighted to see it pop up on the TV program this week.

Nice throwback to my younger days and such a great example of 1980's comedy films. And a must-see for any Vice fan, as it has great 80's music and a short scene with our beloved "Izzy" - I didn't even remember that! The soundtrack features "Modigliani" by Book of Love, which was used on the MV episode "God's Work". So, it's a great tradition you have there, @Eillio Martin Imbasciati

And then this awesome tune by "The Dream Academy" which would have been a good fit for a few Miami Vice scenes as well:

I honestly could view "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles" anytime since I love it so much, but it's my go-to on Thanksgiving for sure. Funny, heartfelt, emotional: I can't get enough of it:happy:.

1 hour ago, Eillio Martin Imbasciati said:

I honestly could view "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles" anytime since I love it so much, but it's my go-to on Thanksgiving for sure. Funny, heartfelt, emotional: I can't get enough of it:happy:.

Have you watched “Due Date”? Kind of a modern take on the story. Absolutely hilarious, too! 

17 hours ago, Dadrian said:

Have you watched “Due Date”? Kind of a modern take on the story. Absolutely hilarious, too! 

Oh yeah, I've seen "Due Date": I think it's excellent. With Robert Downey Jr. (one of Hollywood's great comeback stories, so proud of him!), Zach Galifianakis (he once interviewed Fiona Apple; enjoyed the heck out of that), Michelle Monaghan (reminds me of Diane Lane, which is a huge plus; also, she's in good films), and Jamie Foxx, all systems were go for that roadshow as far as I'm concerned:thumbsup:.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...