MV Wheel of Fortune

timm525

Guest The Talk
I thought yous guys/gals were gonna spell that one out!Was it the "washateria" that through ya? :)
Very indeed! Even the dictionary doesn't know this word!I had to search the www for.Geez' date=' Tim! Did you enjoy watching us how we had a tough time of it with solving. :D Main Entry: wash·a·te·ria Variant(s): also wash·e·te·ria \ˌwä-shə-ˈtir-ē-ə, ˌwȯ-\ Function: nounEtymology: 2wash + -ateria or -eteria (as in cafeteria]chiefly Southern : a self-service laundry

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• timm525

• Ferrariman

• Dadrian

• Sonny-Burnett

• Administrators
No not season 5. Season 3 my friend.[quote=The Talk;13810">

Very indeed! Even the dictionary doesn't know this word!I had to search the www for.Geez' date=' Tim! Did you enjoy watching us how we had a tough time of it with solving. :D[/quote']Well, I am sorry for this one. It is not easy for Americans sometimes with words like this one. For you folks in Germany it is almost imposable. Not to mention the translation or lack there of on the German DVDs. I don't know how to "level the playing field" as it were to make it fair for all. :cry:Washateria is a made up word. It makes sense to us because of the euphemisms but in this case it might not make sense to you.

Main Entry: wash·a·te·IRA Variant(s): also wash·e·te·ria \ˌwä-shə-ˈtir-ē-ə' date=' ˌwȯ-\ Function:[i'] nounEtymology: 2wash + -ateria or -eteria (as in cafeteria]chiefly Southern : a self-service laundry

Yes, kinda. The laundry part is correct. But in this case the "laundry" to be cleaned is "money". That is a euphemism. Word substitue.

Jack of all trades.Sonny to Escandero?

No. Not that one. Season 3.

Guest The Talk

I don't know how to "level the playing field" as it were to make it fair for all. :cry:

I don't expect you to do this. It's o.k. that way - don't change anything. :checkbox:I do have fun anyway. :dance:

Washateria is a made up word. It makes sense to us because of the euphemisms but in this case it might not make sense to you. The laundry part is correct. But in this case the "laundry" to be cleaned is "money".

Thanks for the explanation. :flowers: It makes sense. We do have the same term in German.

• Administrators

I'll hazzard a guess and say the quote was from "Lend Me An Ear" since the ep delt with money laundering.

• Administrators

"Space, the final frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Enterprise..."No, I'm not posting in the wrong section either. :p

• Administrators

" _ _ _ _ , * _ ' _ * _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ * _ _ * _ _ _ _ * _ _ _ _ * _ _ ' _ _ * _ _ _ _ _ _ _ * _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ' _ * _ _ _ _ _ ."Quote spoken.Name the character and ep. please.Good Luck!

• Administrators

Yes Sir!6 Ns" _ _ _ _ , * _ ' _ * _ _ _ _ N N _ N _ * _ _ * _ _ _ _ * _ _ _ _ * _ _ ' _ _ * _ _ _ _ _ N _ * _ _ _ N _ _ _ N _ ' _ * _ _ _ _ _ ."Quote spoken.Name the character and ep. please.Good Luck!

• Administrators

6 Ns--------------------------------------------------------------------------1 T" _ _ _ _ , * _ ' _ * _ _ _ _ N N _ N _ * T _ * _ _ _ _ * _ _ _ _ * _ _ ' _ _ * _ _ _ _ _ N _ * _ _ _ N _ _ _ N _ ' _ * _ _ _ _ _ ."Quote spoken.Name the character and ep. please.

• Administrators

6 Ns1 T--------------------------------------------------------------------------1 S" _ _ _ _ , * _ ' _ * _ _ _ _ N N _ N _ * T _ * _ _ _ _ * _ _ _ _ * _ _ ' _ _ * _ _ _ _ _ N _ * _ _ _ N _ _ _ N _ ' S * _ _ _ _ _ ."Quote spoken.Name the character and ep. please.

• Administrators

6 Ns1 T1 S--------------------------------------------------------------------------7 Es1 K" _ E _ _ , * _ ' _ * _ E _ _ N N _ N _ * T _ * _ E E _ * _ _ K E * _ E ' _ E * _ _ _ _ _ N _ * _ _ _ N _ _ _ N ' S * _ _ _ _ _ ."Quote spoken.Name the character and ep. please.

• Administrators

6 Ns1 T1 S7 Es1 K--------------------------------------------------------------------------1 R" _ E _ _ , * _ ' _ * _ E _ _ N N _ N _ * T _ * _ E E _ * _ _ K E * _ E ' R E * _ _ _ _ _ N _ * _ _ _ N _ _ _ N ' S * _ _ _ _ _ ."Quote spoken.Name the character and ep. please.

• Administrators

6 Ns1 T1 S7 Es1 K1 R--------------------------------------------------------------------------1 H" _ E _ H , * _ ' _ * _ E _ _ N N _ N _ * T _ * _ E E _ * _ _ K E * _ E ' R E * _ _ _ _ _ N _ * _ _ _ N _ _ _ N ' S * _ _ _ _ _ ."Quote spoken.Name the character and ep. please.