Don Johnson in new series with Kenan Thompson

pahonu

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Don’t worry! DJ has lots of experience with failed pilots (he had five before MV)! :p

At least he’s not “broke and divorced” anymore. :) 

• Like 1

On 1/27/2021 at 11:07 AM, Tom said:

Don’t worry! DJ has lots of experience with failed pilots (he had five before MV)! :p

Just Legal” (2005) was also cancelled after 3 episodes and “Blood and Oil” (2015) First season so yes DJ is used to lots of failures like any actor. 
I’m looking forward to see “Kenan” as Nash Bridges has not been mentioned since fall 2019. 

Edited by Matt5

vor 4 Minuten schrieb Matt5:

Just Legal” (2005) was also cancelled after 3 episodes and “Blood and Oil” (2015) First season so yes DJ is used to lots of failures like any actor. 
I’m looking forward to see “Kenan” as Nash Bridges has not been mentioned since fall 2019. 

As my daughter is an actress, I know of course how frequent failure is with castings or pilots. In DJs case: TV pilots are done to find out if audience responds, that´s a natural process. And, if the concept or the execution of a new series is crappy or simply not just awarded by the audience, the best actor will not help. Thus, no offense to DJ. As Izzy said in Whatever works: "Setbacks is a natural part of life which you´ve got to be very careful how to respond to. Iacocca" :p

4 minutes ago, Tom said:

As my daughter is an actress, I know of course how frequent failure is with castings or pilots. In DJs case: TV pilots are done to find out if audience responds, that´s a natural process. And, if the concept or the execution of a new series is crappy or simply not just awarded by the audience, the best actor will not help. Thus, no offense to DJ. As Izzy said in Whatever works: "Setbacks is a natural part of life which you´ve got to be very careful how to respond to. Iacocca" :p

Yes Tom I know what you were saying - Izzys statement in “WW” is so true, whether a actor or for us in life there are failures and setbacks often with things out of your control. 
:cheers:

1 hour ago, Gary1911A1 said:

I was wondering about Nash Bridges since I first saw this. 

Yes the Nash reboot has gone very quiet since the fall 2019. With the lockdown in San Francisco and the pandemic im sure it’s been cancelled or put on hold as SF has had high fatalities and cases. I really hope to see the Nash Bridges TV movie at same point.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/27/2021 at 9:33 AM, RedDragon86 said:

Mad TV was so much better than SNL. 

I think it’s amazing Don Johnson or PMT never hosted SNL during the MV years! Especially because the show was huge and also on NBC.

25 minutes ago, AndrewRemington said:

I think it’s amazing Don Johnson or PMT never hosted SNL during the MV years! Especially because the show was huge and also on NBC.

Even more amazing, this did happen :blind:

Maybe @Ferrariman recognizes some of these locations. :p

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

Wow, haha! I never knew this existed. I enjoyed some of the synth sounds in this. Was this from SNL or a Joe Piscopo Special?

Just now, AndrewRemington said:

Wow, haha! I never knew this existed. I enjoyed some of the synth sounds in this. Was this from SNL or a Joe Piscopo Special?

Probably the latter, but they were both SNL stars, of course. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
7 hours ago, Dadrian said:

Hey was that the Maverick that Izzy wanted to give to Crockett when Dirks took his Daytona? ;)

• Haha 1

• Administrators

Well that's a half hour of my life I'll never get back.   I gave it a shot, but only for DJ who looks great for 70!  Aside from that it was like watching a bad SNL skit.  Surprise!  surprise!  Lorne Michaels was listed in the credits.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was surprised it wasn’t a classic three-camera sitcom like I expected.  It was actually a bit melancholy with him dealing with his wife’s death.  Did not see that coming from its SNL roots.  They didn’t play it for straight laughs and I don’t think it worked very well unfortunately. 

• 2 weeks later...

And here is something that is ironic, this kenan show is not only from the same network (NBC) that did miami vice, but also from the same company that don johnson's previous show as well.

Universal Television.

I’m giving the show another couple of episodes before I make my decision about it.  The second episode was better than the first, and the third was a little better still.  It’s definitely not a straight sitcom with one-liners.  It has had lots more emotional moments than I would have expected.

I did notice on the latest episode that DJ was listed as a producer.  He seems so be involved with it more than just as an actor collecting a paycheck. 

• 1 month later...

The first episode was pretty shit, but it does get better and DJ does have some great lines; easily the best part of the show and has the best lines of all of them. 

On 1/27/2021 at 12:59 PM, Dadrian said:

At least he’s not “broke and divorced” anymore. :) 

Doesn't intend to be  either again, I'm sure......

Am 24.1.2021 um 22:17 schrieb Tom:

going by this pic that DJ posted himself I would say the storyline is about three roommates who raise two kids.

Bildschirmfoto 2021-01-24 um 22.15.51.png

Sounds a lot like Two and a half Men to be honest lol

• 1 year later...