Which Carrera sunglasses, are more similar to the Carrera 5512 one's, Carrera Champion 65 or Carrera Champion ?

Emsy

4 minutes ago, Emsy said:

Oh, now I see. Have tried both 54mm and 50mm one's ? 

Looks great tho. 

Thanks. Yeah, no-go for me on those. I wish, though! Great shades. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Emsy said:

I just received these, but I cant  stop thinking, that these are fake. Can somebody please help identify these ?

image.jpg

41A1066B-B391-4230-979D-45E52B377ED0.jpeg

F47F80D0-4470-4466-A5B7-C68BA41AB028.jpeg

869B4BEF-D768-4617-B629-02E9CFA27355 (1).jpeg

869B4BEF-D768-4617-B629-02E9CFA27355.jpeg

Seems legit from these photos. Do you have a pic of the full frame (from the front). 

If those are fake, someone went to a lot of trouble to put all those authentic markings in the right spots and fonts. 

Regardless, sorry to hear you’re disappointed with these. Sometimes the plastic can warp if they get too hot and cause such issues. A good optician can heat and fix any issues like that for you. I had this done with my Persols.

Also, I erroneously posted earlier that I had a pair of Champions. My non-5512 Carreras are actually Safari R. I really like them. I wear them every (sunny) day!

http://www.eyegoodies.com/Carrera-Safari-R-pr-17081.html

3 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

If those are fake, someone went to a lot of trouble to put all those authentic markings in the right spots and fonts. 

Regardless, sorry to hear you’re disappointed with these. Sometimes the plastic can warp if they get too hot and cause such issues. A good optician can heat and fix any issues like that for you. I had this done with my Persols.

Also, I erroneously posted earlier that I had a pair of Champions. My non-5512 Carreras are actually Safari R. I really like them. I wear them every (sunny) day!

I don't really think of that as an issue, more like a sign of them being fake. Overall, I really like them. So in the final argument, are these fake or real ?

10 minutes ago, Emsy said:

I don't really think of that as an issue, more like a sign of them being fake. Overall, I really like them. So in the final argument, are these fake or real ?

They look 100% authentic to me, but I’m no expert. I can’t see anyone going to all the trouble of the authentic markings in minute detail on an item in that price range. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dadrian said:

I agree with the idea that you can take it to a good optician for a fix.  I used to work in a building that had a nice optical shop and they could reshape/fit anything with heat.  I had a pair of Nike sunglasses that squeezed my temples too much so they were able to heat them up and shape them to a more comfortable fit.

• Like 3

On 4/21/2021 at 1:40 AM, Emsy said:

I just received these, but I cant  stop thinking, that these are fake. Can somebody please help identify these ?

image.jpg

41A1066B-B391-4230-979D-45E52B377ED0.jpeg

F47F80D0-4470-4466-A5B7-C68BA41AB028.jpeg

869B4BEF-D768-4617-B629-02E9CFA27355 (1).jpeg

869B4BEF-D768-4617-B629-02E9CFA27355.jpeg

They're 100% legit, I just bought a pair of these and I'm very happy with the quality, as far as frame stability? They're made to be adjusted, whip out the hair dryer and start heating 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, IA-SteveB said:

5512’s are big, no doubt about that.

20210428_164357.jpg

Oh damn they're nice! Men had bigger cheek/jaw width back then and the style was bigger hair so oversized was made to balance it out, having said that they look extremely good on you 

• Thanks 1

Just a note on cleaning lenses on the 5512, or any model really.  Mine had some scuffing on the inside of the lenses from the ear pieces resting against the lenses.  I used a product called Meguiars PlastiX, which is a plastic polish.  I have used it in the past on motorcycle helmet face shields, plastic convertible windows, binnacle plastic, and other things.  I started polishing with a microfiber cloth on just the scuff marks that were in the clear portion of the gradient lenses.  It was working, but my fingers got really tired after a few hundred repetitions.  I just couldn't get the last bit of scuffing to buff out, so I grabbed a variable speed Dremel tool that I happened to have a polishing kit for.  I didn't want to burn the lenses, so I used a low speed and a light touch.  They polished out perfectly with no imperfections.  Luckily, it was just light scuffing and not scratches.  I should have taken some before and after pics.

I then took them to an optical shop because they were a little crooked on my face.  They were able to fit them to my face perfectly and didn't even charge me for the service.  I made sure to tell the lady that I would be sure to shop there.  She had to show the other workers the 35 year old glasses (I am guessing) and they all loved the retro look.

I'm not saying do this to yours, but it did work for me.

Edited by IA-SteveB
  • Like 4

• 2 years later...
On 4/10/2021 at 11:46 PM, Miller Hailiffe said:

My guess is Don complained about them because he fidgets a lot with them and they really never stay on too long during scenes, the badge reappears when Tubbs wears them in televised episodes later on 

No doubt. I just got mine (Carrera Champion) and I just took them off after 30mins and they DID not like to stay in place at all. Also they really bring out big noses (just like my own). 

• Haha 1