How much money have you spent on Miami Vice merchandise/fashion?

Detective_Crockett

12 minutes ago, Mvice8489 said:

No I did not buy another one.  Was just referencing my TR purchase from a couple years ago.

as an update, Testarossa‘s today in very good condition with low miles tend to be about $120,000.

a REAL Ferrari Daytona spider would be 2 to 2 1/2 million US dollars.   Only 122 were ever made worldwide over five years    

Ferrari Daytona replicas , which I spent a long long time trying to find a good one, tend to sell between 20 and $35,000.

unfortunately I never find one in the shape that I wanted it to be in :(

What about Sonny-Burnett's car?

1 hour ago, Mvice8489 said:

No I did not buy another one.  Was just referencing my TR purchase from a couple years ago.

as an update, Testarossa‘s today in very good condition with low miles tend to be about $120,000.

a REAL Ferrari Daytona spider would be 2 to 2 1/2 million US dollars.   Only 122 were ever made worldwide over five years    

Ferrari Daytona replicas , which I spent a long long time trying to find a good one, tend to sell between 20 and $35,000.

unfortunately I never find one in the shape that I wanted it to be in :(

Great info!

Do you know how much the Daytona would have cost in 1984, when the show began?

1 hour ago, Dadrian said:

What about Sonny-Burnett's car?

I reached out to Sonny to learn a little bit about his car last week.

I can’t and won’t comment on our discussion though because I promised him complete confidentiality.

I will tell you though that he is a super big fan of the show and I am guessing we will  all know more about his car sale listing in the near future

• Like 1

Back in the 1980s a real Daytona spider was about a half million dollars. Crockett even referenced his car “being worth $300,000” after that guy blew it up.  
  The Ferrari market peaked in late 1989 and that car was worth nearly $1 million by that time.  
  Ferrari prices plunged in the early 90s and the car went down to about three or $400,000.  
 I remember seeing one for $400,000 in the late 90s and thinking I should buy it because I was always a big fan of the show and I knew that car would be worth substantially more someday.  
  But I was only 32 years old at the time, and although thankfully I was already earning pretty good money at my job (stock market) I just didn’t want to lock up that amount of money on a 30 year old car.  
  I now kick myself nearly every day for not just going out and buying it!

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Mvice8489 said:

Back in the 1980s a real Daytona spider was about a half million dollars. Crockett even referenced his car “being worth $300,000” after that guy blew it up.  
  The Ferrari market peaked in late 1989 and that car was worth nearly $1 million by that time.  
  Ferrari prices plunged in the early 90s and the car went down to about three or $400,000.  
 I remember seeing one for $400,000 in the late 90s and thinking I should buy it because I was always a big fan of the show and I knew that car would be worth substantially more someday.  
  But I was only 32 years old at the time, and although thankfully I was already earning pretty good money at my job (stock market) I just didn’t want to lock up that amount of money on a 30 year old car.  
  I now kick myself nearly every day for not just going out and buying it!

OMG! half a million dollars in 1984? well It's not surprising that they had to make a replica one.

Some people complain that its fake but now I really understand now why they went down that road. 

Another question do you know if the yellow Daytona was real in "One Way Ticket" thanks. 

Edited by RedDragon86

Crockett even referenced his car “being worth $300,000” after that guy blew it up.  

He actually said “$150k”, but who’s counting? :) 

• Haha 1

You know I think you’re right. I remember Crockett saying that 150 number and thinking that real value number was much  closer to 300 grand at t to hee red time 

Yes, the yellow one that the lawyer was driving was a real Daytona spider

Wow I thought the only time you see a real one was briefly in the "Pilot" (the doctors car) How did they get a hold of this one?

Couldn't they have sprayed this one Black :)

Edited by RedDragon86
  • Haha 1

On 5/10/2021 at 10:25 AM, Dadrian said:

Does my recording equipment/synthesizers  count as “merchandise”? I may be the winner. :) 

Ppl say coop spent a kidney, an arm and the left testicle with vice memorabilia. Hes the winner.

Cool guy, we missed him.

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Mr. Calderon said:

Ppl say coop spent a kidney, an arm and the left testicle with vice memorabilia. Hes the winner.

Cool guy, we missed him.

I would donate a kidney for half of Coops merch & clothing :)

Edited by Detective_Crockett
  • Like 1