Hi there!

Lexi

Hello everyone,

I'm new here,obvious. So, what can I tell you about myself... my name is Alessandra, I'm 33 years old and I'm from Germany.

One of my favourite pastimes is watching movies and TV shows. In search of something new to watch, I stumbled upon MV a few month ago. I was hooked right from the start. Binged it. At least I tried to. Lots of episodes.

Wish I would have been able to watch it in the 80's myself. Well, better late than never.:happy:

So here I am, positively surprised to find a forum for a show from over thirty years ago. Looking forward to digging through this website (especially fan fiction).

See ya!:)

• Like 2

Welcome to this great site. From where in Germany are you from? I ask because I live in Germany, too. My hometown is about 20 km far from Cologne.

• Thanks 1

Thank you all for the welcome!

To answer your question Christine: I live about 60km north of Hamburg. In Lower Saxony.

I've been to Cologne a few years ago. Big and interesting city. The Kölner Dom is awesome! The Rhein is beautiful. Especially at night. All the city lights!:glossy:

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Lexi:

I've been to Cologne a few years ago. Big and interesting city. The Kölner Dom is awesome! The Rhein is beautiful. Especially at night. All the city lights!:glossy:

Oh yes, Cologne is big and interesting, but my hometown isn´t. If you (or your husband/ friend) like handball, maybe you know Gummersbach. They were world champions twice. 

vor 4 Minuten schrieb Christine:

Oh yes, Cologne is big and interesting, but my hometown isn´t. If you (or your husband/ friend) like handball, maybe you know Gummersbach. They were world champions twice. 

Gummersbach? That's your hometown? I have to admit, I never heard of it. Sorry. I don't know much about handball either. A friend of mine plays handball. Now I know something new to amaze him with.;) Just googled Gummersbach. I see. VfL Gummersbach.

I'm from a city called Stade. It's not big. But old and kind of cute. You probably never heard of it either. Thats how small cities are.

vor 1 Minute schrieb Lexi:

Gummersbach? That's your hometown? I have to admit, I never heard of it. Sorry. I don't know much about handball either. A friend of mine plays handball. Now I know something new to amaze him with.;) Just googled Gummersbach. I see. VfL Gummersbach.

I'm from a city called Stade. It's not big. But old and kind of cute. You probably never heard of it either. Thats how small cities are.

GUmmersbach is the district town. No one knows the place where I live. :)Its name is Nümbrecht. I have heard of Stade, though. It's definitely bigger than Nümbrecht ... I think. We only have about 13,000 inhabitants.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Lexi:

Looking forward to digging through this website (especially fan fiction).

If you like to, you can also read my fan fictions on the German site. I´ve written several, but which play in the 2000s

vor 5 Minuten schrieb Christine:

GUmmersbach is the district town. No one knows the place where I live. :)Its name is Nümbrecht. I have heard of Stade, though. It's definitely bigger than Nümbrecht ... I think. We only have about 13,000 inhabitants.

I see. Yeah, it's bigger. More like Gummersbach. But I would prefer to live in a smaller town. More nature.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Christine:

If you like to, you can also read my fan fictions on the German site. I´ve written several, but which play in the 2000s

"Fan Fiction Queen"? I will check them out. For sure. I haven't found much german vice fiction over the web so far.

I'm sure there are many treasures to be found at this website.  :)

vor 1 Minute schrieb Lexi:

I see. Yeah, it's bigger. More like Gummersbach. But I would prefer to live in a smaller town. More nature.

I like living in this small town. Nümbrecht is a very beautiful place. We have a castle that you can visit, a large spa park and not far away a dripstone cave.

vor 1 Minute schrieb Christine:

I like living in this small town. Nümbrecht is a very beautiful place. We have a castle that you can visit, a large spa park and not far away a dripstone cave.

Sounds beautiful. Castles are amazing and caves have their own kind of magic. There are no caves around here. Because we have zero mountains. Thats what I like about the south and the middle of Germany. The landscape. Much more interesting.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Lexi:

"Fan Fiction Queen"? I will check them out. For sure. I haven't found much german vice fiction over the web so far.

I'm sure there are many treasures to be found at this website.  :)

I wrote seven fan fictions in the length of a novel. I give you the German titles: Schneesturm über Miami, Bloody Sunday, Familienbande, Japanisches Roulette, EIszeit, MIami Nights and Wettlauf gegen die Zeit.

Gradually, I will rewrite these stories to publish them in a mystery series, for which there are already three manuscripts. The first will be published this summer, I think, and the first Vice story should be book number three.

Indeed, there are many wonderful things to discover here. The site already exists for several years.

Welcome, Lexi. 

Are there episodes of Miami Vice that stuck with you more that others? Just curious about your initial thoughts.

I've only been to Germany once. My beautiful wife and I flew into Frankfurt and we took the train out to Würzburg (spent Christmas there), but we did also take the train out to Nuremberg, where we visited the Christkindlesmarkt. Such a great experience!

Again, welcome to the site.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

Welcome to the site Lexi. A long time ago in a galaxy far away I googled a question I had on MV and google took me to a site a lot of the older members used to belong to long ago. I was totally blown away that the was such a thing as a Miami Vice forum???? I spent countless hours scouring that site. We made this one better!

Also, everyone is very friendly so don’t be afraid to ask questions. Lots of extremely knowledgeable fans on here.

:thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

vor 14 Stunden schrieb timm525:

A long time ago in a galaxy far away I googled a question I had on MV and google took me to a site a lot of the older members used to belong to long ago. I was totally blown away that the was such a thing as a Miami Vice forum???? I spent countless hours scouring that site. We made this one better!

The same happened to me, Timm. I was curious what the actors are doing now (in 2008) and asked Google for it. Like you I was taken to this great site. And I can tell you: You can go away for a while (like I did), but you´ll always return to this great family.=)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Christine said:

The same happened to me, Timm. I was curious what the actors are doing now (in 2008) and asked Google for it. Like you I was taken to this great site. And I can tell you: You can go away for a while (like I did), but you´ll always return to this great family.=)

What's the web address of that site?  Thanks in advance.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, miamijimf said:

What's the web address of that site?  Thanks in advance.

I think she means this forum. 

Am 20.5.2021 um 18:17 schrieb Lexi:

Hello everyone,

I'm new here,obvious. So, what can I tell you about myself... my name is Alessandra, I'm 33 years old and I'm from Germany.

One of my favourite pastimes is watching movies and TV shows. In search of something new to watch, I stumbled upon MV a few month ago. I was hooked right from the start. Binged it. At least I tried to. Lots of episodes.

Wish I would have been able to watch it in the 80's myself. Well, better late than never.:happy:

So here I am, positively surprised to find a forum for a show from over thirty years ago. Looking forward to digging through this website (especially fan fiction).

See ya!:)

Hi Lexi, welcome! Nice to see a young fan hooked on the show. You´ll need years to search through all info on the site here - we are proud to be the biggest VICE fan site and believe me we have here something for every aspect of the show: cars, guns, locations, music, BluRay sets, behind the scenes pictures, ... just ask if you don´t find something!

Und ein Fan aus Deutschland ist umso besser, wir brauchen eh ein bisschen Verstärkung hier :p

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

vor 23 Minuten schrieb Dadrian:

I think she means this forum. 

That reminds me of the old joke: what is the only good thing about Alzheimer? You´ll make completely new friends every day. Any why is Alzheimer plus being a schizoprenic even better in this context? Because you can introduce yourself to all new friends even multiple times a day with different names! :p

• Haha 4