Hi there!

Lexi

Hello Lexi. You know the adage, the more, the merrier

20 hours ago, timm525 said:

Welcome to the site Lexi. A long time ago in a galaxy far away I googled a question I had on MV and google took me to a site a lot of the older members used to belong to long ago. I was totally blown away that the was such a thing as a Miami Vice forum???? I spent countless hours scouring that site. We made this one better!

Also, everyone is very friendly so don’t be afraid to ask questions. Lots of extremely knowledgeable fans on here.

:thumbsup:

the only site who survives type 5 hurricanes :)

Edited by jpaul1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wow, thanks everyone for making me feel so very welcome. This website gets better and better.:)

vor 22 Stunden schrieb Christine:

I wrote seven fan fictions in the length of a novel. I give you the German titles: Schneesturm über Miami, Bloody Sunday, Familienbande, Japanisches Roulette, EIszeit, MIami Nights and Wettlauf gegen die Zeit.

Gradually, I will rewrite these stories to publish them in a mystery series, for which there are already three manuscripts. The first will be published this summer, I think, and the first Vice story should be book number three.

You kinda wrote seven novels? Thats a lot. I admire you for finishing all of them. Everthing not work related I write never gets finished. Maybe I will find the time to start reading something of yours over the weekend.

vor 21 Stunden schrieb OCBman:

Welcome, Lexi. 

Are there episodes of Miami Vice that stuck with you more that others? Just curious about your initial thoughts.

I've only been to Germany once. My beautiful wife and I flew into Frankfurt and we took the train out to Würzburg (spent Christmas there), but we did also take the train out to Nuremberg, where we visited the Christkindlesmarkt. Such a great experience!

Just recently I watched the episode "Evan". I wasn't able to watch it via streaming only after I bought the blurays. I guess it's censored in Germany? Or everywhere?

What an episode to miss! I liked it al lot.:clap: Very emotional. Beautiful Tubbs and Crockett scenes, the developing parntership/ friendship. Building trust. Crocketts past. Their argument in the car, the gas station scene. Poor Evan finally catching the bullet he thought he deserved. Intense, dramatic and well played. An episode to remember for sure.

Good to hear you and your wife enjoed your trip to Germany. Christkindlesmarkt/ Weihnachtsmarkt is always beautiful. And expensive.:eek:

vor 1 Minute schrieb Lexi:

You kinda wrote seven novels? Thats a lot. I admire you for finishing all of them. Everthing not work related I write never gets finished. Maybe I will find the time to start reading something of yours over the weekend.

In the meantime, the seven fan fictions have been joined by several published short stories in the mystery genre and a novel about the future, which I set in Gummersbach and the neighboring town of Wiehl. The second part of this story is currently on my publisher's desk. 
Writing is my absolutely great passion.

• Like 2

vor 20 Stunden schrieb timm525:

Welcome to the site Lexi. A long time ago in a galaxy far away I googled a question I had on MV and google took me to a site a lot of the older members used to belong to long ago. I was totally blown away that the was such a thing as a Miami Vice forum???? I spent countless hours scouring that site. We made this one better!

Also, everyone is very friendly so don’t be afraid to ask questions. Lots of extremely knowledgeable fans on here.

A galaxy far away? A galaxy that had slooow internet?:) I think I saw parts of older MV websites using the wayback machine. I was searching for fanfiction. Glad you guys build this new one and kept it going. Thank you!

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Tom:

Hi Lexi, welcome! Nice to see a young fan hooked on the show. You´ll need years to search through all info on the site here - we are proud to be the biggest VICE fan site and believe me we have here something for every aspect of the show: cars, guns, locations, music, BluRay sets, behind the scenes pictures, ... just ask if you don´t find something!

Und ein Fan aus Deutschland ist umso besser, wir brauchen eh ein bisschen Verstärkung hier 

Good TV never gets old. And I was looking for something to watch from a time were the world was... less crazy. At least another kind of crazy. The good one.:D The 80's always seemed nice to me. And it feels good to see people drinking in a bar. I'm not a party person. But even I miss it.

Yeah, the site is really big! It's gonna take years to see everything.

Verstärkung? Im deutschen Forum scheint es recht still zu sein, daher habe ich mich dort auch noch gar nicht vorgestellt. Vielleicht später.

• Like 1

vor 22 Minuten schrieb Christine:

In the meantime, the seven fan fictions have been joined by several published short stories in the mystery genre and a novel about the future, which I set in Gummersbach and the neighboring town of Wiehl. The second part of this story is currently on my publisher's desk. 
Writing is my absolutely great passion.

As far as I know being published is not an easy task to accomplish. Congrats!:)

• Like 1

Good TV never gets old. And I was looking for something to watch from a time were the world was... less crazy. At least another kind of crazy. The good one.:D The 80's always seemed nice to me. And it feels good to see people drinking in a bar. I'm not a party person. But even I miss it.

Yeah, the site is really big! It's gonna take years to see everything.

Verstärkung? Im deutschen Forum scheint es recht still zu sein, daher habe ich mich dort auch noch gar nicht vorgestellt. Vielleicht später.

I think each time has its crazy parts. I´m more a child of the 70s and they were also crazy.
In the year before last people also visites bars, concerts, convention and other events. In 2019 we celebrated my younger daughters wedding with about 100 guests. Absolutely impossible to think about a party like that now.
But in the 80s and about half of the 90s there were no cellphones. Of course these little equipment helps people a  lot nowadays, but wasn´t it nice when we really talked to other people? When children really played together and do not communicate over  this little things that weren´t invented then?

Ich glaube, auf der deutschen Seite sind viele der Meinung, dass schon alles über die Serie gesagt wurde und es ohnehin nichts Neues mehr gibt. Das mag natürlich stimmen, da es ja keine neuen Teile mehr gibt. Ich finde aber bei jedem Mal, das ich mir einen Teil der Serie ansehe, Dinge, die mir zuvor nicht aufgefallen sind. 

• Like 1

vor 6 Minuten schrieb Lexi:

As far as I know being published is not an easy task to accomplish. Congrats!:)

I was lucky enough that first a publisher really wanted a short story from me. I had entered a competition run by the publisher and received an email from the publisher an hour after submitting the story. It just said, "Must have!"
After I was also allowed to publish a story in a second anthology of the publisher, I asked about the novel manuscript. The publisher checked and took it.
I don't offer her the science fiction crime novel (set on an Earth-like planet with an investigator who might bear some resemblance to young Tubbs :) ) because I know it doesn't fit into the publisher's program. However, it is already revised, two test readers have it there and the cover is also already. I think it will be released via self-publishing in summer, at the latest in autumn.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Lexi said:

Ich bin auch deutsch :). Hier ist einfach mehr los - und ich habe mich ans englisch gewöhnt!

2 minutes ago, Christine said:

Ich glaube, auf der deutschen Seite sind viele der Meinung, dass schon alles über die Serie gesagt wurde und es ohnehin nichts Neues mehr gibt. Das mag natürlich stimmen, da es ja keine neuen Teile mehr gibt. Ich finde aber bei jedem Mal, das ich mir einen Teil der Serie ansehe, Dinge, die mir zuvor nicht aufgefallen sind. 

Genauso geht es mir! Ich habe z.B. gerade Prodigral angeschaut - und mir gedacht, daß es eine Art Pilot für Michael Mann war. Der eigentliche Pilot war ja von Yerkovitch. Und schon ergeben sich ganz neue Eindrücke und man könnte ewig diskuitieren!

• Like 2

vor 1 Minute schrieb Glades:

Ich bin auch deutsch :). Hier ist einfach mehr los - und ich habe mich ans englisch gewöhnt!

Genauso geht es mir! Ich habe z.B. gerade Prodigral angeschaut - und mir gedacht, daß es eine Art Pilot für Michael Mann war. Der eigentliche Pilot war ja von Yerkovitch. Und schon ergeben sich ganz neue Eindrücke und man könnte ewig diskuitieren!

Ich finde es sehr schade, dass das deutsche Forum tot ist, but I´m happy that the american part works so that I can still be with other Vice crazy people:dance2:

• Like 1

vor 4 Minuten schrieb Christine:

But in the 80s and about half of the 90s there were no cellphones. Of course these little equipment helps people a  lot nowadays, but wasn´t it nice when we really talked to other people? When children really played together and do not communicate over  this little things that weren´t invented then?

There's always that moment in older movies/ shows: dangerous situation -> me thinking " Call him now! Fast! Oh....wait. No cellphone. Whats gonna happen now?" I just love those moments. Always more interesting than people simply using their cellphones.

I know what you mean. Some days I just want to throw my phone out of the window. And a message from my boss in the evening?! What the hell?! I hate it sometimes.  :hot:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

vor 5 Minuten schrieb Lexi:

There's always that moment in older movies/ shows: dangerous situation -> me thinking " Call him now! Fast! Oh....wait. No cellphone. Whats gonna happen now?" I just love those moments. Always more interesting than people simply using their cellphones.

I know what you mean. Some days I just want to throw my phone out of the window. And a message from my boss in the evening?! What the hell?! I hate it sometimes.  :hot:

Authors who want to make it more exciting therefore ensure in their stories that the cell phone is broken or that the protagonist has no reception at this point. Where's the suspense if you can get help via your cell phone instead of having to fight your way through the jungle yourself? When you can be located anywhere and no one has to search for the missing and seriously injured person?
As for the call from the boss: I work in an outpatient nursing service and have my own service phone that I can always be reached on. I only switch it off when I'm on vacation or sick.

• Like 1

vor 19 Minuten schrieb Glades:

Nice to meet you!

I prefer English anyways. I like the sound of it. But writing takes more time.:p

• Like 2

Nice to meet you!

I prefer English anyways. I like the sound of it. But writing takes more time.:p

I also love the English language, but I don't have the opportunity to practice it privately. Here in the forum people gave me the tip to test Deepl. The translation program is free (up to 5000 characters) and much better than the Google translator.

• Like 1

vor 14 Minuten schrieb Christine:

Authors who want to make it more exciting therefore ensure in their stories that the cell phone is broken or that the protagonist has no reception at this point. Where's the suspense if you can get help via your cell phone instead of having to fight your way through the jungle yourself? When you can be located anywhere and no one has to search for the missing and seriously injured person?

Sneaky authors!:) So cellphones destroy almost every good plot. Makes sense. I never thought about it this way.

• Like 1

vor 6 Minuten schrieb Lexi:

Sneaky authors!:) So cellphones destroy almost every good plot. Makes sense. I never thought about it this way.

I think cellphones make only sense in thriller when they are necessary to give information to someone. In my science fiction thriller the killer communicates with his victims by cellphone or over the thing I´ve called (in German) Tefercom (means Telefon, Fernsehen, Computer). In English I should better call it TeTeCom (telephone, televison, computer).:dance2:

• Haha 1

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Christine:

I also love the English language, but I don't have the opportunity to practice it privately. Here in the forum people gave me the tip to test Deepl. The translation program is free (up to 5000 characters) and much better than the Google translator.

I'm able to use English in my private life and at work. Spent a few month in the UK. But I never heard of Deepl. If I'll need a translation program I might check it out. Thank you for the tip!

• Like 1

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Lexi:

I'm able to use English in my private life and at work. Spent a few month in the UK. But I never heard of Deepl. If I'll need a translation program I might check it out. Thank you for the tip!

In the past I could also use English in my private life. My aunt immigrated to the USA in 1955 after marrying an american man. For several years I had contact to one of my cousins, but unfortunaley he passed in 2014 becuase of diabetes.

• Sad 1