Have you Ever Met Anybody Famous...

maynard

Have met to many actors to list names mostly from different soap operas and from broadway like John Stamos, Chita Rivera, Phylicia Rashad to name a few.

Also' date=' I once found myself at a community meeting also attended by Al "Blowhard" Sharpton. Lucky me.[/quote']Or as I like to call him, Al-Not-So-Sharp-But-Weighs-A-Ton. :rolleyes:I met David Mcullough at a book signing for 1776.I saw Al Snore give a commencement address at my sister's graduation :sleep:I got Temu Selanne's autograph.About 15 yrs ago, I was in Florida and there was a Bruins Alumni hockey game. I went and got autographs from the following Alumni:Reggie Lemlin (he actually played a position other than goalie and had a hat trick!),Milt Schmidt,Johnny Busick, and Bobby Orr. There were a few others, but those are the ones I can remember without digging up the program with about 10 or so autographs.I got fmr Red Sox pitchers Luis Tiant and Bill Lee autographs.

From what I read in the posts here there seems to be different interpretations to the topic. If having met someone famous means being at a concert I have met several spanding form George Michael to Tom Jones. But if we are talking an actual meeting, the longest and most intimate was when my band and myself did a warmup gig for Buddy Hollys original band The Cricketts. They were here to tell the Buddy Holly story, and we were chosen to do the warmup gig. Great guys. Great sense of humour, real gentlemen. We had the pleasure to dine with them before the show, and had this picture taken after the concert. On several ocasions I have had the great fortune to meet Elvis´s TCB Band, The Jordinaires and once Elvis Bodyguard Red West when he was in Denmark to tell about Elvis. In 2005 / 2006 we toured as backing for Jerry Lee Lewis ´s sister Linda Gail Lewis, and at a closed gig in a disco, i sang with Londonbeat. The band made famous by their hitsong " I´ve Been Thinking About You " in the early 90´s Eingefügtes Bild

Hopefully, in my case, I tried to point out when I saw someone in concert, and when I actually met someone to make it clear to the reader.

I know. You were making a fair observation.Your way cool dude! :thumbsup:MIAMI VICE RULES!(I sure miss our member Prickleferret doing that ("MV RULES!") every time he posted.

Depends on what meeting someone famous means.If we count conventions. I've met Denise Crosby, Johnathan Frakes, Jefery Combs Garret Wang, and Athony McGomery Katte Sakoff, Ray Park (sp?) (all at various Star Base Indy conventions.) At local Leap conventions: John D'aqino, Daniel Roebuck (sp?) Terry funk. At Natonal Leap conventions Velton Ray Bunch; Tommy Thomson; Michael Watkins; Scott Bakula; Debra Pratt; and Dean Stockwell.At our mini Miami Vice convention in 2004. Phani Napolie (Angelina) Jan Hammer.As for the concerts I never met anybody, but saw in person Neil Diamond, Tom Jones (in Market Square Arena) Elvis Pressley; John Denver; The Rolling Stones and in some time in the 1970's The entire Who. The Beach Boys/Eagles/Kansas free concert at Jordan River Festival in 1974 (Bloomington IU Asslembly Hall) At Auditorium Theatre in Chicago, Ill. I saw the Monkees and Paul Revere and The Raiders (1967 & again in 1969)Otherwise I've lived a noneventful life :)

Wow!!!!! You met Chuck!?! :glossy::glossy::glossy:;)

I sure did. I remember that he was there with two women who looked to be around the same age. We were told that one of them was his wife and the other was his daughter. Not that I'm judging, but it was just sort of comical because some of us were having a hard time figuring out which one was what.

I met and conversed with PMT and Fiona Flanagan (Jackie in LMD), my favorite celebrities. I also met and spoke to Mickey Munday (Cocaine Cowboys). Other notables meetings would include a briefing for Colon Powell. I met Elizabeth Taylor at the movies in D.C. I also shook hands with JFK. I've been told that I met Eisenhower as a little boy but I don't remember- does that count?

I've been told that I met Eisenhower as a little boy but I don't remember- does that count?

Of course!

• 5 months later...

Part of the job I had was to be involved in any major event in Georgia. I met Burt Reynolds and company when he filmed SMOKEY AND THE BANDIT. President and Mrs. Carter, the first President Bush, and the second President Bush (Georgia hosted the G8 and I was the shift supervisor for the FBI Intelligence Operations Center). Lots of celebs and VIPs spotted at the Olympics in 1996 and the Democratic Convention in 1988 (where I met Ted Kennedy, Dianne Sawyer, and some others who are best forgotten).As part of my martial arts connection, I got to spend the day with Chuck Norris on the set of WALKER, TEXAS RANGER in Dallas. I got to talk with Chuck and Clarence Gilyard for a while and found them both to be extremely nice. I was introduced to his wife (and understand the confusion about her and his daughter).At the Vice Presidential Debates in Atlanta in 1991 I ran into and talked with Val Kilmer (pre BATMAN, but post TOP GUN). Actors tend to want to talk to cops, particularly when you have the magic earpiece with the coiled cord running down into the collar of your coat. And I met Erin Gray (BUCK ROGERS OF THE 21ST CENTURY and SILVER SPOONS) at Dragoncon in Atlanta. She mentioned that she is a victim advocate, and I ended up getting her to speak at a conference in Atlanta. I acted as her security while she was in town, and found her to be very nice.I have to say, I had a really good job. But I never met any of the MV cast, which would have been great.