Poll time

Adrian321

The better car  

21 members have voted

1. 1. What car, out of the main ones; the Daytona and the Testarossa did you enjoy watching more ?

• Ferrari Daytona (Season 1 - Season 2)
    • Ferrari Testarossa (Season 3 - Season 5)

I've designed a short poll, so we can see once and for all the more popular variant of MV fans.

Since cars were such a huge aspect of MV's  existence it would be nice if we could vote which one was better, out of the main 2 cars, of course, because there were so many besides.

Be honest please.

Edited by Adrian321
error
  • Like 1

I fully stand by my original opinion. Daytona was a far better fit for the series, simply because it acted as bridge between the characters and the surroundings due to being a convertible. Conversely, Testarossa cut them off by placing them in an enclosed space.

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, Viceguy said:

I fully stand by my original opinion. Daytona was a far better fit for the series, simply because it acted as bridge between the characters and the surroundings due to being a convertible. Conversely, Testarossa cut them off by placing them in an enclosed space.

I suppose many people that choose Daytona made the choice mostly because of this aspect. I kinda missed the "bridge" as you call it, between the characters and the surroundings, but it wasn't a big problem for me. I've got used to the enclosed space of the new Ferrari pretty quickly. 

However, outside of that, the convertibility doesn't impact my choice that much. I actually consider that a convertible Testarossa doesn't look as appealing as one with a hard top.

What do you think about a convertible Testarossa ? If the Testarossa was a convertible, would you change your opinion ?

Edited by Adrian321

sorry to show up like an hair into the soup, but this is not a Ferrari Daytona. So if you ask me do you prefer a Ferrari Daytona to a Ferrari Testarossa, i answer the Testarossa had one of the greatest car design of all time. But if you ask me do you prefer a Mc Burnie to a Ferrari. I answer yes i'm totally dumb, but i prefer a Mc Burnie. IMHO the roots of the Mc Burnie replica are deeper into Miami vice than Ferrari's

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, jpaul1 said:

sorry to show up like an hair into the soup, but this is not a Ferrari Daytona. So if you ask me do you prefer a Ferrari Daytona to a Ferrari Testarossa, i answer the Testarossa had one of the greatest car design of all time. But if you ask me do you prefer a Mc Burnie to a Ferrari. I answer yes i'm totally dumb, but i prefer a Mc Burnie. IMHO the roots of the Mc Burnie replica are deeper into Miami vice than Ferrari's

Well....... to be honest, I'd choose the authentic car most of the time; but you touched a nice subject. Just how iconic those....... distasteful replicas are..... millions and millions of people have seen them over the years, in MV videos, and now they value a lot; just like the Testarossa.

However, I did clasify it in the poll as "Ferrari Daytona", even if it is not one...... but it is supposed to represent that, and it was reffered throught the show as that. 

Let's suppose it is a real Ferrari Daytona, and then a real Testarossa. If it is like this; your choice would be the Testarossa, right ?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Adrian321 said:

Let's suppose it is a real Ferrari Daytona, and then a real Testarossa. If it is like this; your choice would be the Testarossa, right ?

No

I know the Daytona was a fake replica, but I still like it better.  Like the Testarossa too, just not as much. (maybe if they left it black?)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Adrian321 said:

Well....... to be honest, I'd choose the authentic car most of the time; but you touched a nice subject. Just how iconic those....... distasteful replicas are..... millions and millions of people have seen them over the years, in MV videos, and now they value a lot; just like the Testarossa.

However, I did clasify it in the poll as "Ferrari Daytona", even if it is not one...... but it is supposed to represent that, and it was reffered throught the show as that. 

you want my answer. i keep my bucks for the replica :)

3 hours ago, Adrian321 said:

What do you think about a convertible Testarossa ? If the Testarossa was a convertible, would you change your opinion ?

That's a very tough question to answer. I would rather they went with another luxury car brand altogether. I think Lamborghini Jalpa (like the one Phil the Shill drove) would have been perfect. Sure, it pales performance-wise in comparison to the likes of Testarossa, being something of an entry model. Or so I have heard anyway. But when considering only aesthetics I find Jalpa much more eye-catching and exotic.

• Like 1

So far most people have chosen the Daytona replica, for their personal reasons.

But there are still few people to certainly decide the community option.

I suppose the Daytona will win by somewhat of a margin either way.... but let's keep voting everyone. 

I actually didn't think this result would be true,especially by this margin, since most MV car tributes (and the most popular ones) are dedicated to the Testarossa. 

Edited by Adrian321
edit

16 minutes ago, Viceguy said:

That's a very tough question to answer. I would rather they went with another luxury car brand altogether. I think Lamborghini Jalpa (like the one Phil the Shill drove) would have been perfect. Sure, it pales performance-wise in comparison to the likes of Testarossa, being something of an entry model. Or so I have heard anyway. But when considering only aesthetics I find Jalpa much more eye-catching and exotic.

Ehmm....  I do not know what to say about the Jalpa, but I suppose it won't fit DJ and PMT like the Daytona or the Testarossa either. It just doesn't feel that way.

I think that, maybe the only convertible at that time, exotic and fitting enough would be the Daytona. The other ones either do not fit (like the Jalpa), or are not exotic enough (like Mercedes types).

3 hours ago, Adrian321 said:

Ehmm....  I do not know what to say about the Jalpa, but I suppose it won't fit DJ and PMT like the Daytona or the Testarossa either. It just doesn't feel that way.

I think that, maybe the only convertible at that time, exotic and fitting enough would be the Daytona. The other ones either do not fit (like the Jalpa), or are not exotic enough (like Mercedes types).

A Black Ferrari 308 convertible would have worked if they didn't pick the Daytona.

Ferrari 308 GTS Upgraded with Electronic Fuel Injection — RETROMOD

Is it fair to say that because Magnum PI had this first that the production team brushed off this option? 

Still I like the Daytona much more than the 308 as well and glad they choose it, but it would have been a decent option.

Edited by RedDragon86
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, RedDragon86 said:

A Black Ferrari 308 convertible would have worked if they didn't pick the Daytona.

Is it fair to say that because Magnum PI had this first that the production team brushed off this option? 

I think that’s a legitimate claim.

4 hours ago, RedDragon86 said:

This is what it could've looked like in action, minus roof.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, RedDragon86 said:

I would think so.

However, Crockett did “rent” a 328 in Rock and a Hard Place, which is very similar to Magnum’s 308. 

• Like 2

Crockett and Tubbs headed for danger, driving through the night with warm evening breeze battering them. It's so etched in my then adolescent brain that I can't imagine it have the same impact if they were in an enclosed cabin.

I'm not a car aficionado and I don't care that the Daytona wasn't real. It looked great and I personally love convertibles.

The change to the Testarossa felt right though. I was never disappointed with the switch. Given the darker palette in S3 the white car was a nice contrast. It was a beautiful vehicle and held up well in the driving montages it had.

Edited by fakespyder
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, pahonu said:

Don’t forget that in the pilot, Sonny is seen first sitting parked in an actual Ferrari Daytona. :thumbsup:

yeah, but without the Mc Burnie they would have been in trouble. because they mistreated their cars. And i wonder what would have been the following without these replicas. The series could have been totally different

• Like 1

10 hours ago, fakespyder said:

Crockett and Tubbs headed for danger, driving through the night with warm evening breeze battering them. It's so etched in my then adolescent brain that I can't imagine it have the same impact if they were in an enclosed cabin.

I'm not a car aficionado and I don't care that the Daytona wasn't real. It looked great and I personally love convertibles.

The change to the Testarossa felt right though. I was never disappointed with the switch. Given the darker palette in S3 the white car was a nice contrast. It was a beautiful vehicle and held up well in the driving montages it had.

I agree with your opinion in the last segment of your answer. A Daytona convertible wouldn't fit as well as a Testarossa with a hard top in the last three seasons with a dark atmoshpere, constant darkness for the most part, and the overall nihilism and seriousness.

Neither a Testarossa would fit as well as a Daytona convertible in the light hearted, colourful and bright atmoshpere of the first 2 seasons; that's for sure.

But they are placed in their own time on the poll; and by your vote I suppose you still like the Daytona more overall. Mostly because of the convertible nature I suppose.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Ferrariman said:

No

I know the Daytona was a fake replica, but I still like it better.  Like the Testarossa too, just not as much. (maybe if they left it black?)

I think white was a much better colour for the Testarossa; especially in its envirovmental context of darkness. Maybe I've got used to white, after watching  three seasons of it like that ? I suppose it is true; however I still stand by my opinion. A black Testarossa would now; not only feel unnatural, but unfitting aswell.

• Like 1

I Like the Daytona over the Testarossa , That's why I built one ,have owned for close to 31 years and the love affair is still strong.

PXL_20210926_235351499.NIGHT (1).jpg

PXL_20210926_231351741.jpg

Edited by VICE365
typo
  • Like 5

• Administrators
43 minutes ago, VICE365 said:

I Like the Daytona over the Testarossa , That's why I built one ,have owned for close to 38 years and the love affair is still strong.

Sorry but the Testarossa just doesn't compare to this beauty!  Awesome car! :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, VICE365 said:

I Like the Daytona over the Testarossa , That's why I built one ,have owned for close to 38 years and the love affair is still strong.

That's a beauty! I always thought the flowing lines, extended hood, front cowl, large front amber lenses, and wired chrome wheels  made this design a timeless classic. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, VICE365 said:

I prefer the Daytona; I like vehicles which take up less room but still look really good. The only thing is that I'd rather have the color in either midnight blue or purple (interior can stay the same).