Question about watches

Vicefan7777

On 4/16/2023 at 11:10 AM, Kalci said:

He wearing something very similar to these watches. I am leaning towards Armitron

Armitron.JPG

Casio_CA501.JPG

Great pieces.

https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/ebel-1911-chronograph-el-primero-miami-vice-/2378125948-156-1946

I am not into watches so I don't know the real market price of the Ebel 1911 Chronograph, but I naturally prefer the gold version, worn by Crockett. 

This silver is also a great peace, gives a more moderate look. 

I am not in a position to buy a wristwatch for this much money, but certainly will dig a little bit deeper in this topic, because I have to admit, they add a lot to the actual look.

• Like 2

Seiko 5 7009-3110 Automatic Watch

Not a replica, neither a homage for the Rolex Day-Date but very close in appearance to it. Small differences make it a good call I believe. I am certainly going to look out for one in the future.

Seiko5_7009_3110_not_a_homage_01.jpg

Seiko5_7009_3110_not_a_homage_02.jpg

Seiko5_7009_3110_not_a_homage_03.jpg

• Like 1

It is interesting for me that they have changed the 1911 Chronograph's bracelet throughout the 3rd season (I don't know actually when, but in Heroes of Revolution S3EP24 Sonny was already wearing the linked version, which became a standard bracelet soon thereafter at Ebel 

I prefer the wave version ! Much more elegant and smooth looking.

Switek sticked with the Wave bracelet.

S3EP24.png

I have just bought this watch. It is a Day Date Homage model. 

There are a quite lot model out there to look out for which are very similar to the Rolex Day Date. 

The case is 36mm just like the Rolex and the shape is identical also.

Other makes:

- Bulova Super Seville Day Date

- Orient President Day Date

- Jules Jurgensen Day Date 

- Dugena Day Date

- Seiko 5 7009-3110 (this is not identical, this isnt a homage model BUT very similarly looking model, it is a very stylish one also, certainly one I would go after and will most likely in the future.)

sandoz-bundle_pic.jpg

Edited by Kalci
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/15/2023 at 5:05 PM, Kavinsky said:

I just hate Seiko as much as I hate toyota, as their always making knock off's of better peoples products, and everytime I look at them I feel like I'm supporting a rip off artist, like theirs very few seiko's where I can go their just cool,

Not trying to proselytize you, everyone's happy to have their opinions. I'd just like to add that Seiko is one of the oldest watchmakers of the world, with a history that reaches almost 30 years farther back than the one of Rolex. They've made a ton of innovations in watchmaking, e.g the first quartz watch ever, the first automatic chronograph worn in space, or the invention of the spring drive movement, just to name a few. They have produced some of the most iconic dive watches. Their products have been worn by Elvis Presley, James Bond, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Steve Jobs, Pres. Joseph Biden, Nicolas Cage, Robert Redford, Bruce Lee and a few legendary movie characters. So it's quite a household name in the watch world and you will find Seikos amongst very exclusive, far more expensive watches in many enthusiast collections.  I have two Seikos myself and their quality is excellent for the price range. Their retail prices have gone up though significantly in the last 3 years and they're seemingly trying to re-position themselves as a luxury watch brand, which I personally think is a pity, as Seikos used to be some of the few remaining affordable cool watches from a brand with real heritage.

Edited by daytona365
  • Like 3

54 minutes ago, daytona365 said:

Not trying to proselytize you, everyone's happy to have their opinions. I'd just like to add that Seiko is one of the oldest watchmakers of the world, with a history that reaches  almost 30 years further back than the one of Rolex. They've made a ton of innovations in watchmaking, e.g the first quartz watch ever, the first automatic chronograph worn in space, or the invention of the spring drive movement, just to name a few. They have produced some of the most iconic dive watches. Their products have been worn by Elvis Presley, James Bond, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Steve Jobs. Joseph Biden, Nicolas Cage, Robert Redford, Bruce Lee and a few legendary movie characters. So it's quite a household name in the watch world and you will find Seikos amongst very exclusive, far more expensive watches in many enthusiast collections.  I have two Seikos myself and their quality is excellent for the price range. Their prices have gone up though significantly in the last 3 years and they're seemingly trying to re-position themselves as a luxury watch brand, which I personally think is a pity, as Seikos used to be some of the few remaining affordable cool watches from a brand with a real heritage.

Well stated.  I have a Seiko dive watch from the late 80’s that still runs great.

I would also add, by way of innovation, that Toyota was a leader in the development of hybrid electric vehicles and is also leading in development of hydrogen fuel cell vehicles.  

• Like 2

Finally bought a Seiko 5 7009-3110 not in the best shape, cause its already 30+ years old but it will do it for me on the daily basis.

Bought it from Japan that is why this shows VI instead SATurday.

2angle_Seiko5.jpg

Edited by Kalci
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kalci said:

Finally bought a Seiko 5 7009-3110 not in the best shape, cause its already 30+ years old but it will do it for me on the daily basis.

Bought it from Japan that is why this shows VI instead SATurday.

2angle_Seiko5.jpg

Thank you for showing us a fine piece — enjoy your purchase.

• Like 1