Robert Hoelscher’s son selling off his father’s scripts and location notes!

Tom

I didn't know Bob Hoelscher (RIP), but I can't imagine he would have liked this end result of his work being hidden from Vice fans.

• Like 2

vor 8 Stunden schrieb airtommy:

I didn't know Bob Hoelscher (RIP), but I can't imagine he would have liked this end result of his work being hidden from Vice fans.

You´re right. His son told me that he meticulously saved all scripts, production and location notes and made own notes for every episode. Not only his personal accuracy is important here, but also as he was one of the few people except main cast who worked on all episodes, from pilot until finale. He was also responsible for providing police support, like sealing off filming routes with patrol cars, providing helicopters, real police officers as extras or police gear when requested in the scripts. Each location call sheet has references to him in these scenes. That´s why he took his job very seriously and kept all 111 episodes in 10 big archive boxes, you can image how much material this makes PER episode (10 episodes per box). I could freak out like Crockett at the end of "The good collar" that this labor of love was bought off by some egoist who does not even do something with it, ie. just buying it off the market and putting it in the garege was the target, so that others could not have it.

When I learned that his stuff is for sale, I turned to his son immediately, but at this point he had already sold it and my ask to look up quickly a few locations at least in a few given episodes before it will be picked up was not met for whatever reason. 

I doubt that there is another such complete collection left anywhere. 

Edited by Tom
  • Like 1