Worst 3 episodes in a row in each season

apocalypse

S1 is pretty solid. There isn't even three bad episodes.

As much as I love season 2 it has three really forgettable episodes in a row.

The Dutch Oven, Buddies and Junk Love.

Not a huge fan of Tale of the Goat, either but it's not that bad.

The biggest problem of all these above mentioned S2 episodes is the lousy supporting actors. Gina's boyfriend in Dutch Oven wasn't very good (the story wasn't great, either), Crockett's old friend in Buddies is almost as bad actor as his cousin in Jack of All Trades... and Junk Love is just overall stupid. The short guy who plays Silva has a charisma of frozen gerbil and the pretty woman who turned out to be his daughter is pretty horrible actress too.

S4 Viking Bikers from Hell, Everybody's in Showbiz (it's not that horrible though) and Heroes of the Revolution is the lowest point. Viking Bikers is utterly stupid episode but at least it's somewhat entertaining and the ending is great with that awesome Damned song. Those steroid biker guys are quite cool too (if they didn't drive those idiotic Japanese bikes). And Izzy, of course, is great. "Heroes" isn't actually that bad and the guy who played Klaus isn't that bad actor but the episode is boring as hell. And besides, the actor who played Klaus was barely 40 at that time... he was a bit too young to be a ex-lover of Gina's mother.

In Season 4 every episode with Caitlin sucks the big green donkey dick of the universe. But overall I like the S4 and it's underrated. 

Though Love at First Sight, Rock and a hard place and Cows of October are quite damn bad. The worst episode of S4 is definitely Missing Hours but Rock and a Hard Place isn't much better. The storyline is stupidest ever (let's murder Caitlin to boost her record sales and make some coke deals with his boyfriend). I mean that's directly from a Donald Duck cartoon. The crooks are ridiculous and that fat English ginger guy looks like demented Benny Hill. The funniest thing is that they drive a expensive classic Mercedes SL all through both Caitlin episodes but for "some reason" arrive to the Caitlin's supposed murder scene with an old, cheap Buick (because they were going to blow away the car in the script). Cheap as hell.

Sure... S5 Miracle Man, Leap of Faith and Too Much, Too Late are quite forgettable trio as well... and perhaps even worst trio but considering the S2 is so good as a whole I think those three in S2 are are the most disappointing.

Thoughts?

Edited by apocalypse
  • Confused 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, apocalypse said:

S1 is pretty solid. There isn't even three bad episodes.

As much as I love season 2 it has three really forgettable episodes in a row.

The Dutch Oven, Buddies and Junk Love.

Seriously?   I think you are in the minority my friend.    

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Ferrariman said:

+1

But also I am in the minority on some other episodes :) 

Like Made for Each Other. I LOVE that one! :birdie:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dadrian said:

+1

But also I am in the minority on some other episodes :) 

Like Made for Each Other. I LOVE that one! :birdie:

As do I. And as for dissing Robbie in Buddies...

But I also hold the minority view that The Great McCarthy is a steaming pile of crap, so there's that...:)

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Robbie C. said:

But I also hold the minority view that The Great McCarthy is a steaming pile of crap, so there's that...:)

Boo! :) 

• Like 1

The Savage (I know you all love it) - Theresa - The Afternoon Plane

Thankfully the next one is "Lend me an ear", one of my favourite episodes ever

Edited by Sebax
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Ferrariman said:

Yes. Seriously. 

If we all had the same opinions, the forum and discussions would be useless. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Robbie C. said:

As do I. And as for dissing Robbie in Buddies...

I dislike The Great McCarthy too. Imho be the worst S1 episode.

• Thanks 1

For me VICE is alll about music. And Music video like storytelling.  Even if the storyline lacks a little bit but the Sondtracks are great and action is also on point (TV show wise of course) I can't hate an episode only if it is super dumb like Missing Hours.

There were mentions about Buddies. Even though I agree Robbie might wasn't  the best I still love that EP. One of my favorite ending scene is there. For me that is just perfect.

When I drive around my Car I usually listen "No Guarantees" and I can't resist to rev the engine and send it good :D

S3EP23 Everybody is in showbiz has been also mentioned. For me that is among the best 5 in season 3. Why? Because of the use of Chris DeBourgh's Trilogy(The Leader, The Vision, What About Me). And how well it has been built up at the end of the storyline. I think the idea was awesome!

I agree that viking bikers from Hell was dumb episode and the last espisode  from season 3  - Heroes of the Revolution - was also weak. BUT I loved the music in that too :) 

• Like 4

You're right. Chris de Burgh's tune is absolutely perfect fit for Showbiz ending. 

Just like that Damned song behind Reb Brown vs Sonny fight in Viking Bikers. The last 5 minutes is great in both of those episodes because of the music.

• Like 3

Season 1 doesn't have a single bad episode in my opinion and yes I love The Glades, Give or Take and Made for Each Other. The only one I dislike is The Maze but not because its poor it's a very good episode but too depressing.

I love all of 2, hard to say.

Season 3 Chemistry-Baby Blues-Streetwise.

Season 4 Love at First Sight-Rock in a Hard Place-Cow Sh*t in October.

Season 5 Miracle Man-Leap of Faith-Too Much Too Late.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Dadrian said:

Boo! :) 

I second that, The Great McCarthy is a wonderful episode.

"What kind of practical joke are you guys pulling here? :)

Edited by RedDragon86
  • Haha 1

• Administrators
6 hours ago, apocalypse said:

Yes. Seriously. 

If we all had the same opinions, the forum and discussions would be useless. 

Touche'  :clap:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RedDragon86 said:

Season 1 doesn't have a single bad episode in my opinion and yes I love The Glades, Give or Take and Made for Each Other. The only one I dislike is The Maze but not because its poor it's a very good episode but too depressing.

I love all of 2, hard to say.

Season 3 Chemistry-Baby Blues-Streetwise.

Season 4 Love at First Sight-Rock in a Hard Place-Cow Sh*t in October.

Season 5 Miracle Man-Leap of Faith-Too Much Too Late.

Agree with every word, there, RedDragon! Could've written that comment myself! Great topic, by the way :)

• Thanks 1

This ep must be appreciated by every speedboat lover :D :D I love this discussion and Rico's type of character play in this. I also think McCarthy was a great character too, and well played. Also love the scene at the Pool Table with Lindsey Buckingham's "Go Insane"  :)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RedDragon86 said:

I second that, The Great McCarthy is a wonderful episode.

"What kind of practical joke are you guys pulling here? :)

One of these days I'm going to do an extended post about why I don't like The Great McCarthy. Top of the list, though is the actual length of the episode once you remove the filler. And as for the pool game...AC/DC's "Sink the Pink" video alone is better... But I digress. As has been mentioned, if we all liked the same episodes it would be pretty dull.

• Like 1

AC/DC's "Sink the Pink"  is as corny as hell lol. It has that extra mature cheese thing going on, something you would expect to see in a typical 80s teen movie, I don't know Teen Wolf or something. 

A stupid cartoon fly watching each shot go in :eek:

Edited by RedDragon86

1 hour ago, RedDragon86 said:

AC/DC's "Sink the Pink"  is as corny as hell lol. It has that extra mature cheese thing going on, something you would expect to see in a typical 80s teen movie, I don't know Teen Wolf or something. 

A stupid cartoon fly watching each shot go in :eek:

It is that, but IMO the pool sequences were filmed better than what we get in TGM. And mature cheese is sort of AC/DC's thing, after all. The whole Fly on the Wall extended video is kinda funny in its own way.

This is a good topic and I’ve thought about this before when I’ve been trying pick an episode to watch. 

For 3 in a row: 
Season 1 - Glades, Give A Little, Little Prince

Season 2 - Florence Italy, French Twist, The Fix

Season 3 - Vikings, Everybody in Showbiz and Heroes Of The Revolution 

Season 4 - Rock and A Hard Place, Cows Of October, Vote of Confidence 

season 5 - Miracle Man, Leap of Faith and Too Much, Too Late. 

for me, out of those, Season 4 had the worst 3 episode run. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Miami Beau said:

This is a good topic and I’ve thought about this before when I’ve been trying pick an episode to watch. 

For 3 in a row: 
Season 1 - Glades, Give A Little, Little Prince

Season 2 - Florence Italy, French Twist, The Fix

Season 3 - Vikings, Everybody in Showbiz and Heroes Of The Revolution 

Season 4 - Rock and A Hard Place, Cows Of October, Vote of Confidence 

season 5 - Miracle Man, Leap of Faith and Too Much, Too Late. 

for me, out of those, Season 4 had the worst 3 episode run. 

Good list. Vote of Confidence and The Fix aren't bad though, imho.

French Twist is pretty bad episode just like Free Verse but both of them have very dramatic "vibe" thanks to Jan Hammer's absolute genius music. "Poem" and that French Twist tune (just listened that Dadrian Wilson remake?) is amazing. 

Those two S2 episodes have lousy storylines though. But the atmosphere is great in both. Sometimes it's hard to put it into words.

• Like 2

In my opinion, Season 1 all had pretty solid episodes, so I'll leave that one out.

As for the rest, they'll go as follows:

S2 - Florence Italy, French Twist, The Fix
Out of the three, I think French Twist is the best, for its storyline and soundtrack, but all episodes contain the magnificent work of Jan Hammer so I can't really complain for any of them.

S3 - Better Living Through Chemistry, Baby Blues, Streetwise
Pretty substandard and nothing really special to note, except BLTC since it focused on Tubbs a bit. I'd say that was the best episode of the three.

S4 - God's Work, Missing Hours, Like A Hurricane
God's Work is average at best but it did shine a light on the AIDS epidemic unlike other shows during that time. As for Missing Hours, we all know how we feel about that, right? Like a Hurricane... well, what boggles me the most is how quickly Sonny and Caitlin get married, I honestly expected an arc or something about them developing a relationship then getting married, but maybe that's how it was supposed to be, considering Crockett's style with women.

S5 - Miracle Man, Leap of Faith, Too Much, Too Late
Leap of Faith is by far the worst here, considering that it isn't even your regular Vice episode since it essentially served as a backdoor pilot for a MV spin-off that never came to fruition. Miracle Man and Too Much, Too Late both shine a light on two important characters so they're both pretty decent in my regard, but Too Much, Too Late would be my favorite out of the two. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sheisenburg said:

S4 - God's Work, Missing Hours, Like A Hurricane
God's Work is average at best but it did shine a light on the AIDS epidemic unlike other shows during that time. As for Missing Hours, we all know how we feel about that, right? Like a Hurricane... well, what boggles me the most is how quickly Sonny and Caitlin get married, I honestly expected an arc or something about them developing a relationship then getting married, but maybe that's how it was supposed to be, considering Crockett's style with women.

Spot on. It was absolutely ridiculous how fast they got married. Very cartoonish and stupid. Almost like they both had their first ever sex experience in that boat and that changed everything.

Almost like in that new crappy Disney Star Wars movie where the chick becomes master Jedi in 45 minutes. At least it took Luke 1 1/2 movies to manage that haha.

• Like 1