CROCKETT'S RED HELICOPTER PROP, PHOTOS & INFO

COOPER&BURNETT

Say it isn't so! :cry:I had missed the one whose prize was the hat' date=' I entered this one and I hoped there could be more. It's your decision though.[/quote']Out of the 726 members we have, how many people entered the contest in the month I had it going, and followed the rules? What would you do? :confused:

• 1 year later...

So I just noticed this thread!I CAN'T HAVE A RED HELICOPTER *wails*So I might get a green one or a blue one and PAINT IT RED.Because then no one will ever know the difference!*laughs hysterically*

So I just noticed this thread!I CAN'T HAVE A RED HELICOPTER *wails*So I might get a green one or a blue one and PAINT IT RED.Because then no one will ever know the difference!*laughs hysterically*

That's the spirit! :clap:

Very happy that newer members are just discovering this thread, and the others in the COOPER&BURNETT SCRAPBOOK SECTION.May these threads live on, and take on a new life with every new member.

The Little Red Helicopter.It got lost on its way to Italy.Maybe it was considered useless and therefore thrown away.Maybe it was stolen.I wonder who has it now.It was mine... :cry: (repeated a million times)

...*sobs*That is the saddest story I have ever heard *weeps* I feel for you, and the little red helicopter, probably with an owner...who *sobs* has no idea of its significance *bawls eyes out*I WANT ONE!! I do have a green one coming from Australia though, which I am going to paint!! Oh, Pandina, there is a tear in my eye for you! *weeps* Little red helicopter...

Too bad there's no more red helicopters to win. I think CrockettandTubbs should win one for his creative story of how the 'copter got to the OCB. :thumbsup:

...*sobs*That is the saddest story I have ever heard *weeps* I feel for you' date=' and the little red helicopter, probably with an owner...who *sobs* has no idea of its significance *bawls eyes out*[/quote']Thanks for your kind words. Yeah, the LRH looks useless to the untrained eye and you know what? I don't think someone took it, I can even picture the scene where it's tossed in the dustbin!We're both sobbing now CrockettandTubbs! :cry:

The Little Red Helicopter.It got lost on its way to Italy.Maybe it was considered useless and therefore thrown away.Maybe it was stolen.I wonder who has it now.It was mine... :cry: (repeated a million times)

This was truly frustrating...Don't you worry too much Pandina, I'll find a way to make good on it. I'm going to replace it when I obtain another one. They don't come around very often, but i'm trying to locate another one especially for you. ....damn post office....

I hope you find some way to resolve this COOP! I have the terrible image of a little red helicopter abandoned somewhere, wishing it was on a desk on top of some scales in a nice warm Miami OCB office...so it could be picked up and played with by Crockett whenever he was feeling thoughtful...Make Pandina happy again!!!!*reflects*

I hope you find some way to resolve this COOP! I have the terrible image of a little red helicopter abandoned somewhere' date=' wishing it was on a desk on top of some scales in a nice warm Miami OCB office...so it could be picked up and played with by Crockett whenever he was feeling thoughtful...Make Pandina happy again!!!!*reflects*[/quote']Ahhh....I said I'm trying. They are not that easy to find. I'm trying.

COOP! COOP!!!!GUESS WHAT!!!My little helicopter arrived in the mail while I was away!!!B...but it's green.BUT I HAVE ONE! Sort of!!! *jumps around happily* I'M LIKE SONNY!!!I wanted to share that with you, and if you have any idea what kind of paint would go onto plastic, I would be much obliged to ya. I'll get a picture of me with it when I don't look quite so sleepy after the car drive!!!

COOP! COOP!!!!GUESS WHAT!!!My little helicopter arrived in the mail while I was away!!!B...but it's green.BUT I HAVE ONE! Sort of!!! *jumps around happily* I'M LIKE SONNY!!!I wanted to share that with you' date=' and if you have any idea what kind of paint would go onto plastic, I would be much obliged to ya. I'll get a picture of me with it when I don't look quite so sleepy after the car drive!!![/quote']Congrats!!I too have a green one. :)Well, I'm not sure what kind of paint would be best for it. I'm guessing for an even look of paint, you might try to find a spraypaint, or a way to spray it on, so you don't have brush strokes. I'd contact your local hobby shop that sells model cars and planes etc. and ask for thier help and advise. The color red is not too dark red, so it may have some orange in it, as it's a lighter red color. Check my photos to compare red colors.I'm thrilled you got one!!I still will make absolutlely certain, that no matter what, that I get one to Pandina for winning the contest. Although I already did my part and sent her one, and I can't be held responsible for lost mail (this seems a bit odd, I mean, what are the odds of them losing mail?), I'm going to get one for her sometime... This one is personal.Congrats on your new helicopter! Take pictures when it's all painted!-COOP

• 3 weeks later...

Lol I was watching Lombard the other day (2nd time I've watched it) & noticed that Crockett was playing with this helicopter! Never really noticed it before - I've watched some episodes more than once & it has never caught my eye.Interesting little thing to have as a prop... So has anyone figured out what the idea was behind it?

Interesting little thing to have as a prop... So has anyone figured out what the idea was behind it?

Nobody really knows. Just guesses.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Nobody really knows. Just guesses.

You should tell them what you learned about it on the French Twist Reunion DVD - what Saundra and John thought about the helicopter ...:cool:

You should tell them what you learned about it on the French Twist Reunion DVD - what Saundra and John thought about the helicopter ...:cool:

I could Ell.a' date=' but the reason I didn't tell all the info that I learned on the DVD is that I'd like members to actually BUY the DVD, and learn all the cool information that they tell for themselves.They know where the Helicopter actually is at this moment, along with the scales it sat on.C'mon members, why are you not buying the DVD? It's not expensive, and you'll learn some new things. I know a lot about MIAMI VICE, but I learned plenty.Buy the DVD, and add it to your MIAMI VICE DVD collection.Go here o buy the DVD! [url']http://www.miamiviceonline.com/showthread.php?15561-French-Twist-Reunion-on-DVD&highlight=french+twist

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks! Will order one soon. As some additional info, I've been chatting with a very avid McDonald's Happy Meal toy collector/dealer. I bought a set of 7 "McDonalds Airport" toys from 1986 and the red Big Mac/Mayor McCheese (whatever it is) helicopter was thrown in as an extra. Since it was on his desk in Season One and Two (S2 for sure, need to check on S1) I knew it had to be earlier than 1986. I check the date on mine and it's from 1993...obviously a reissue. I told the collector about this and he said he'd been to 3 McDonald's conventions and only seen a handful of the red helicopters and wasn't aware they were issued prior to the 1986 set. So apparently if you're REALLY interested in having the same one Sonny had (a first run red helicopter) it's even a little more difficult to come by.-Brian W

• 2 years later...