What did Miami Vice teach you ?

MichaelAce

Definitely Miami showed me a relevant example of toxic relationships between men and women

Sometimes, when women make the first step (which is something that NEVER happens where I live), I must be very cautionous since it's either some kind of trap or it probably means she expects something from me in return for the "effort" like driving her around, giving her money or something materialistic that has nothing do with who I am but rather what I can provide (this is VERY common on Tinder in the big cities here)

tumblr_osl0ngGUKj1u2ragso3_r1_500.gif.5c56da5b381197bb0063fd1cdecf44d8.gif

The second thing, and probably the most important to me, is I learned when to quit, he oughta know, he's divorced and broke

I learned to live with the fact that sometimes, I can make all the efforts needed to succeed and still fail, because my 100% can be lower than another person's 100%
Life is not fair and I have to accept my limits instead of trying to find out why I'm not good enough and how I could change it even though I know that most of the times, it is not possible

image.thumb.png.7e83eb530913c54197fcb0be8e0db4f2.png

Sometimes, it's just not about me, I can't beat myself up for not being able to change what dozens, thousands, millions of people destroy everyday
When the environment is not right for me and I don't want to fit in, I'm the one who has to go, because the other way around will never happen, it will just destroy me as well

image.thumb.png.2256935a0ba0c1abe157d7ba43c10c8e.png

Maybe it just comforts me in my pessimistic view of the world but Miami Vice has contributed to make me cautionous and resilient

What about you ? What did Miami Vice teach you ?

• Like 7

5 hours ago, daytona365 said:

how to light up and smoke a Lucky Strike with effortless coolness.

Zippo„MIAMI VICE“#120 | Kaufen auf Ricardo

You're probably looking for this

• Like 6

Vice's realistic situations reinforced what I believed already: The line between good and evil is blurry, some basically honest people are just are in the wrong place at the wrong time or just get caught in unfortunate circumstances.  Also the war on drugs is a lost cause.

• Like 11

13 hours ago, MichaelAce said:

What about you ? What did Miami Vice teach you ?

Being immortalized by Godzilla and Rodan aint as fun as it sounds :p

• Haha 4

• Administrators

Evan taught me the importance of accepting people for who they are, I guess.

• Like 7

• Administrators
2 hours ago, James said:

Evan taught me the importance of accepting people for who they are, I guess.

:clap:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, James said:

me the importance of accepting people for who they are

The best thing about that (to me) is that it makes you eligible to have the favor returned. :thumbsup:

• Like 4

• Administrators

Candy taught me that hooker are just honest, hard working girls who need to be loved too. :p

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

What mv did teach me?!

If focus pulling is an important job, it should be listed on the ending credits.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Mr. Calderon said:

What mv did teach me?!

If focus pulling is an important job, it should be listed on the ending credits.

I don’t understand.  The focus puller is the 1st assistant camera. They are typically listed in the credits as part of the camera department.

22 minutes ago, pahonu said:

I don’t understand.  The focus puller is the 1st assistant camera. They are typically listed in the credits as part of the camera department.

He’s referring to a certain former member here. :) 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

One of the infamous "in" jokes only the cool kids get. I never got those jokes...:p

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

Oh, I remember now.  This is a Rick Bravo reference.  :) I wasn’t on the forum then, but I’ve been here for about 15 years so it’s been a while!

• Haha 1

MV taught me how bad most other TV series are/were :dance2:!

Seriously: key take-aways for me were:

• there is no black or white, but mostly all kinds of grey
  • society always relies on idealists like Crockett who sacrifice their personal lives (work times, families, divorce, ...) for chump change so that others can live safer
  • good not always wins in the end, but still worth fighting for
  • Like 5

vor 12 Stunden schrieb Mr. Calderon:

Sorry is it just me? Everytime I read "focus puller" I think about exhibitionists?:)

2 hours ago, Tom said:

Sorry is it just me? Everytime I read "focus puller" I think about exhibitionists?:)

Tom…you and your wisecracks. :) 

Miami Vice taught me how much I am attracted to the 80s. I was really into it earlier but not as much as after watching Vice.  For me the base knowledge for the 80s was delivered in the form of GTA Vice City, then NewRetroWave music, because I am a 90s kid, so I have not lived through the 80s. MV made me dig deeper mostly with its Music, it introduced me a lot of great music band I have never heard about before.

• Like 6