What did Miami Vice teach you ?

MichaelAce

On 5/4/2023 at 11:09 AM, timm525 said:

Candy taught me that hooker are just honest, hard working girls who need to be loved too. :p

I could tell you a long story about a stripper/hooker I met in 1986.  She was one of the sweetest girls I ever met.  I agree they need to be loved too. 

• Like 2

MV taught me you just got to learn to go with the heat.

It's just like life.

You just got to keep telling yourself, no matter how hot it gets sooner or later there's a cool breeze coming in.

IMG_20230513_210930.jpg.e474e8c1450c99fa797c8bd5030e0e8b.jpg

Edited by johnnyfarragut
  • Like 3

Just now, johnnyfarragut said:

MV taught me you just got to learn to go with the heat.

It's just like life.

You just got to keep telling yourself, no matter how hot it gets sooner or later there's a cool breeze coming in ...

IMG_20230513_210930.jpg.e474e8c1450c99fa797c8bd5030e0e8b.jpg

Nicely put pal!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/6/2023 at 8:05 PM, Mvice8489 said:

How to have "style" ......without looking like you are trying to hard to have style :)

What you said reminded me of something called sprezzatura... Italian. Kinda off-topic but I bet folks here can appreciate if they've never heard about it before. 

From the internets...

In terms of style, sprezzatura suggested the kind of man who looked effortlessly elegant – though never stuffy or overly formal. The key word was ‘effortless’: it all looked easy and unforced, as though the man in question just happened to look simultaneously together and laid back, as if by accident. 

Whilst the Brits tried it as early as the 19th century, it was the Italians who made the most of it. There’s always a way of dressing too Italian that slips into stereotype – that very polished look – but sprezzatura is much more organic. The overall look is a bit ‘just got out of bed’ – albeit a bed in a five star hotel in the Amalfi Coast with nothing to do but soak up the admiring glances.

If it can be undone, consider undoing it – except your shoelaces and trouser fly. But a top shirt button (with tie), and a shirt or suit cuff, are all fair game. Leave tailored jackets open. And avoid ironing – at least nothing more than a light press. Don't think too hard about it - if it doesn’t come naturally, arguably it’s best just not to go there and to stick with the tried and tested, socially accepted notions of dressing well. Make too much of it and there’s a risk of being called out; and self-conscious sprezzatura is not sprezzatura at all.

Doesn't sprezz sound like how Crockett looks?

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Paul Veres said:

Doesn't sprezz sound like how Crockett looks?

From the definition you mentioned(pasted here) it really does, yes !

Haven't heard this sprezzatura before, but good to get more informed about these approaches.

I am not a big style man... Usually go with cheap clothing opportunities(like H&M etc.) but try to wear light, pastel color sets as much as I can, at least in spring, summer and autumn. 

• Like 2