Favorite Beer?

timm525

Any one recall the episode called Bad Timing where, at the end, Sonny is opening a bottle of my favorite beer from that time called Lowenbrau? it is recognized by the Gold Leaf wrapping and was also a logo on one of the Formula one cars in the Florence Italy episode. S-B

• Administrators

I've been looking for Lowenbrau in my area for some time now. Only had it once and can;t really remember what it was like. If it is still sold around here, it must only be in the big liquor stores. Supermarkets don't carry it anymore.

Lowenbrau racingBelieve this is the car and racing team from Florence, Italy I mentioned. Eingefügtes Bild(Still trying to learn how to insert an image--hope I did it correctly. )

Any one recall the episode called Bad Timing where' date=' at the end, Sonny is opening a bottle of my favorite beer from that time called Lowenbrau? it is recognized by the Gold Leaf wrapping and was also a logo on one of the Formula one cars in the Florence Italy episode. S-B[/quote']Lowenbrau is ALL over Vice.....in more episodes than I can mention here. In Florence Italy, it practically tattooed everything in the episode. I bought a six of Lowenbrau the other night..better than I remembered!

LowenbrauGood point JD about other episodes and about its taste. In the mid-80's it was brewed by Miller Brewing in Milwaukee but now it comes from Munich and supposedly has a better, more European taste. Now I'm thirsty and need to go buy some tonite. Cheers

• 4 years later...

Mississippi Mudd[ATTACH=CONFIG]7304[/ATTACH](Although I can never find it ! *^&*%)Carlsberg[ATTACH=CONFIG]7303[/ATTACH]Fat Tire (Liked it LONG before it was "cool")Boddington'sFire RockNewcastle

post-30-13892965124966_thumb.jpg

post-30-13892965125168_thumb.jpg

I'm not a big beer drinker but I do like a Corona occasionallyLa Cervesa pour fa vour.........Oh... but the funniest commercials I have seen in decades (and I hate commercials) are the ones about the "worlds most interesting man" from Deoseces (spelling???)You know the one who's beard stops growing when it gets to the perfect length, and who has never had gum stick to his shoes, and of course his good side is his left as well as his right, and he is always surrounded by beautiful women.He's my hero........ :(

Anyone ever try that Belgian beer that was called the best in the world, something like 15 dollars a pop and supposedly made by some religious group out of there who's doing this for repair money and only repair money of there monastery westveleteren I think.

Anyone ever try that Belgian beer that was called the best in the world' date=' something like 15 dollars a pop and supposedly made by some religious group out of there who's doing this for repair money and only repair money of there monastery westveleteren I think.[/quote']I have tried Chimay Bleue, which is a Trappist beer from the Chimay region of Belgium that I think you're referring to. It was very good. I have also tried Duvel, which is a similar type. They are dark ales with high alcohol, 6-9% range. The Belgians are also famous for their beers infused with fruit. They taste nothing like most other beers, but are very delicious. Some examples include peche, made with peaches, framboise made with raspberries, and kirsch made with cherries. There are others as well using pears, currants, and other fruits. Some are in the 5-8 dollar range and, in my opinion, worth the money every once in a while.