How Has Miami Vice Changed You?

maynard

Thanks guys! Now I have to find a way to con my mum into letting me wear my blazer, and my school to get rid of the uniform. And Top Gear is my favourite show apart from Vice at the moment, and I got the shirt from their live show that was here in Feburary.

Nice pic' date=' Gina but now we have a 'headless' Gina to add to the 'headless' Coop. ;)[/quote']My head wouldn't fit in the photo, I was quickly using the webcam after finding the shirt.:)

• 3 years later...
Absolute not! There is nothing wrong with a blazer and pastel shirt. Many women wear a business suit blazer and a pastel' date=' or other colored shirt.Be original. Make the style your own. I felt strange wearing a blazer at first, but I got so used to it, I wear one virtually every day!Jazz it up a bit with perhaps a shirt promoting a concert or a design thats cool or abstract.Make it your own! It's actually quite liberating and fun.I say go for it, and post the photos for all the world to see. :thumbsup::cheers:[/quote']^^^great advice.NEVER worry about what other people think.If you want to dress a certain way dont let anyone else or the thought of what anyone else may think ruin it for you.

^^^great advice.NEVER worry about what other people think.If you want to dress a certain way dont let anyone else or the thought of what anyone else may think ruin it for you.

& there's always a lady in the world somewhere who will just LOVE the look!!!

I love how people think I 'worship' a 25 year old show... URRRTT!I'm a baby of the 80's, 1986 to be exact, heck, my car is two months older than I am!I just love the fashion, the music, the cars, the tech etc. If I could stay in one decade for the rest of my life...Nothing better than hearing jaws smashing on the ground and having people yell out from cars 'HEY CROCKETT'. I can apparently pull the look off pretty well! Not to mention I'm living out the fantasy :p I do unpaid/volunteer 'investigations'. Got some absolutely awesome busts from it as well. Nothing says satisfaction more than getting a 10 year old kid put into care of the state as opposed to living in a meth lab! I think the fashion (especially for DJ) is just pure timeless. The white loafers, the white pants, the blazer and the bright/soft pastel plain shirt. I personally wear an eggshell blazer and a pair of knock-off black RB2140 (changing the glasses up a little soon).

well for starters it got me into corvettes and ferrari's and gave me an apreciation for both them, where as before I was strictly a muscle car guy who happened to love the countach and the 911 and that was about it for the exoticsbasically I was about a 95% muscle car guy who never gave the corvette a second look period, basically the three exotics I liked were the various 911's, the 996 namely, the 1985 countach in red and the first gen vipers which I dont even care for anymore, more of a Shelby cobra guy now as the viper was a modern take on it but lacked the classic style of the original (R.I.P my main man, mr carrol shelby) and then various ford, Chrystler and buick muscle cars, along with a few pontiacs like bandit's trans am, the delorean GTO, the 1974 455 and some camaro's and the lotus S2 turbo.and I'm glad vice had both the daytona and the TR, giving the fans an interesting choice and contrast between the two cars, two very radically different cars. along with the boats although being much more of a fan of blue I kind of gravitate towards more the Scarab now than the chris craft just because of the paint job.also it taught me how to use color contrast correctly when it comes to fashion, key is not to get it so its a harsh contrast and with brighter colors go for a mellower shades of bright colors like the pink, purple and yellow he wore in the first 3 seasons like here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLBZ69dVzWs

http://www.miamiviceonline.com/screenshots/sons17.jpghttp://www.miamiviceonline.com/screenshots/killshot01.jpghttp://www.miamiviceonline.com/screenshots/walk27.jpghttp://www.miamiviceonline.com/screenshots/shadow12.jpghttp://www.miamiviceonline.com/screenshots/ther19.jpghttp://www.miamiviceonline.com/screenshots/lend24.jpgthats the key to wearing the brighter colors properly, you dont want them to be so bright they hurt your eyes where it just blinds you with its brightnesshell after writing that style guide for that guy here on the website I started to follow my own advice after thinking to myself you know thats the nut there with this stuff, its all about the contrast.so I went from wearing light blue or black jeans with either black or dark blue T shirts only to wearing dark purple (like he did in by hook or by crook mixed in with a blue jacket and white pants, wild but I do like purple being a mopar guy) light grey, blue grey, dark grey, white, OD green shirts mixed in with a button up shirt like a jacket in suede like they used for a few of the uniforms in the trek movies in the 80's and TNG in the same sort of blue almost like Tommy Vercetti wore with his Sorrie outfitalthough truth be told it looks a hell of alot more like the stuff hickok45 wears in his vids, really must get a silk baseball like windbreaker in dark grey or medium to get the look right mixed in with the new dark grey pants to complete the season 3 look and a yellow shirt, I may like vice but well I'm much more of a fan of the darker less tropical colors, but still with color to begin with I'm taking it with baby steps but well I really kind of miss the early S3 clothes he wore like in El Viejo after walking down the street with tubbs there.man that was a cool jacket, just loved the patern of it.and also it was nice to see Don in his prime with proper focus on everyone including the badass Eduard James Olmos and the rest of the crew rather than just having all of the focus on him like they did in Nash Bridges, one of the key faults with that show, it was just too much Don plus well does he ever stop and find a place to bunk and regroup rather than ride around in the cuda all day?I missed the enclosed and normal seeming OCD when watching that show, badly.plus vice exposed me to alot of great burried music from the 1980's and showed me that well Dick Wolf did used to make good television rather than the humorless and always miserabile law and order shows they have on now, although the older ones do seem a hell of alot better than the new ones in that regard.and its a real damn shame that the vice movie seemed to be cut of the same cloth as the modern stuff rather than the original show, not a single memorabile thing about that film, boat sucked, car sucked, crocket and tubbs sucked, all of them sucked, plot was boring.still though the movie is how I came across the show though, they showed it as a promo for the film and I pitty the people who went to see the movie after seeing the pilot for the first time, talk about an epic failure of massive proportions that a fan could have made a hell of alot better with some simple mods to it and a basic understanding of the show.its like Michale Mann didnt even bother rewatching vice after Jamie Foxx asked him to make a movie out of vice and completely forgot everything special about the show, I mean he didnt get a single thing right in it.

No problem worshiping a 25 yr old show.....most of us die-hardcore fans here also do!I lived during the show and lived the life daily during that time...I still do! I'm so glad to hear that a child of the eighties such as yourself respects the show too!

I have so many ways I could answer this question as my personal connection to Vice is evolving. Lately, it's evolving thusly:As some of you know, my wife is fighting for her life (brain cancer). She declines basically by the week, if not the day. It's a hard, cloudy, unpredictable life we live each day. For example, today she started another round of radiation. On days like this, there is no laughter, no smiles, no optimisim. The look on her face is tough to see.So about Vice...This may sound corny, or even thoughtless, but Crockett sometimes gets me through my hardest days. I thnk of some of the bad situations he had to handle and how he handled them. A tought guy with a chip on his shoulder, able to handle whatever is thrown at him. A loner, sitting on his boat or maybe taking a shot of black jack. I've done neither, but for a while, my mind drifts off and it returns to the 'real world' with a tough guy swagger. Just enough to get me through another day.I don't have a choice but to sometimes wonder what my life will be like without my wife around and I have thought about living on a boat all by myself. Anonymously, quietly. A mystery tied only to a dock.So much will change in my life in a short time. But Miami Vice has been and will continue to be my constant. My 'old reliable.' It's not so much that Vice has changed me. It's that it helps me be able to change.

It's amazing that one show can affect people in so many different ways-it provides you with solace when you are dealing with the most severe of life circumstances.Yor are an inspiration my friend-my prayers are with your wife and you.

I have so many ways I could answer this question as my personal connection to Vice is evolving. Lately' date=' it's evolving thusly:As some of you know, my wife is fighting for her life (brain cancer). She declines basically by the week, if not the day. It's a hard, cloudy, unpredictable life we live each day. For example, today she started another round of radiation. On days like this, there is no laughter, no smiles, no optimisim. The look on her face is tough to see.So about Vice...This may sound corny, or even thoughtless, but Crockett sometimes gets me through my hardest days. I thnk of some of the bad situations he had to handle and how he handled them. A tought guy with a chip on his shoulder, able to handle whatever is thrown at him. A loner, sitting on his boat or maybe taking a shot of black jack. I've done neither, but for a while, my mind drifts off and it returns to the 'real world' with a tough guy swagger. Just enough to get me through another day.I don't have a choice but to sometimes wonder what my life will be like without my wife around and I have thought about living on a boat all by myself. Anonymously, quietly. A mystery tied only to a dock.So much will change in my life in a short time. But Miami Vice has been and will continue to be my constant. My 'old reliable.' It's not so much that Vice has changed me. It's that it helps me be able to change.[/quote']You and your wife are in my thoughts x

Vice changed me; it influenced my writing, my turn of phrase, it became my place to escape, my solace from the real world... I can see the appeal of living alone on a boat; could really go for some sanity maintenancex

Vice changed me; it influenced my writing' date=' my turn of phrase, it became my place to escape, my solace from the real world... I can see the appeal of living alone on a boat; could really go for some sanity maintenancex[/quote']Yes living alone on a boat - good sanity maintenance :D

Yes living alone on a boat - good sanity maintenance :D

I live on my boat and sometimes the solitude is very soothing.................along with the sunshine of course.Even in bad weather I just crawl into the cuddy and enjoy a bit of vice on DVD on occasion. It helps me forget about lifes gremlins...and I don't mean the AMC versions.

Yes living alone on a boat - good sanity maintenance :D

Sometimes being alone is the best thing; stopping the world for a moment and getting off, if only for a brief period, can really help. I have chronic health conditions; and a lot of the time in my day to day life I am playing a role; there's a big smile on my face and I am the life and soul of the party. When I shut the front door I can take my mask off and let the smile fade; so being alone on a boat would be sanity maintenance; it would allow me to regroup; to recharge my batteries and just be me.

Sometimes being alone is the best thing; stopping the world for a moment and getting off' date=' if only for a brief period, can really help. I have chronic health conditions; and a lot of the time in my day to day life I am playing a role; there's a big smile on my face and I am the life and soul of the party. When I shut the front door I can take my mask off and let the smile fade; so being alone on a boat would be sanity maintenance; it would allow me to regroup; to recharge my batteries and just be me.[/quote']Couldn't agree more, alone is good. I think I am designed to enjoy my own company, I always did as a child and was chronically shy. My job means I have to be smiley and confident but sometimes inside I am crumbling. I sometimes get sick of being strong fit everyone else, who's there for me?MV has been my refuge from life from the age of 15, my fantasy, my escape. Compared to my very English life Miami seemed glamorous, hedonistic & achievable. Of course I never did achieve that life, but in my head... Well maybe ; )

It's amazing that one show can affect people in so many different ways-it provides you with solace when you are dealing with the most severe of life circumstances.Yor are an inspiration my friend-my prayers are with your wife and you.

Thanks. I appreciate your considerations.

Couldn't agree more' date=' alone is good. I think I am designed to enjoy my own company, I always did as a child and was chronically shy. My job means I have to be smiley and confident but sometimes inside I am crumbling. I sometimes get sick of being strong fit everyone else, who's there for me?MV has been my refuge from life from the age of 15, my fantasy, my escape. Compared to my very English life Miami seemed glamorous, hedonistic & achievable. Of course I never did achieve that life, but in my head... Well maybe ; )[/quote']yeah was the same way as a kid, had an anxiety attacks and everything else, the way I delt with it was to say this myself when it got to me when being around peoplelifes just a puffer fish, you just gotta learn to be on the outside of the glass laughing in at its pathetic attempts to scare youits been awhile since I've had to say that to myself to get a grip and I'd just repeat that until I'm calm, the other thing was well I sometimes listen to the kind of music they listened to in the Big Thaw to calm myself down, namely when that hurricane was aimed at MA last yeardidnt need that god damn heart attack ill tell you that much, decimated springfield from what I heard and it was just dumb luck it didnt hit me, being outside was literally like the fight on the genesis planet in Star Trek 3 at the end when the planet is coming apart just with rain inplace of the fire, mixed in with heavy wind, man that was scary to have ones sanctuary and home in that kind of a setting in the woods like that with everything falling down and flying around.