Grand Theft Auto 6

Marc

@Dadrian: I think it will be a next-gen release only (for the time being). So you will need a PS5 or Xbox Series X or S.

From my understanding the game will have a significantly larger map, as well as graphics enhancements, which would make it difficult to run the game on the Xbox One/PS4/Switch generation consoles.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Paul K. said:

@Dadrian: I think it will be a next-gen release only (for the time being). So you will need a PS5 or Xbox Series X or S.

From my understanding the game will have a significantly larger map, as well as graphics enhancements, which would make it difficult to run the game on the Xbox One/PS4/Switch generation consoles.

Well I guess the kiddo will finally get that PS5 :) 

ps- I’m not a “gamer” at all. I still play my NES pretty regularly, but I made an exception for Vice City (for obvious reasons). If GTA 6 is even 1/4 as good as Vice City I’M IN! 

Edited by Dadrian
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Everything I've seen indicates it's going to be current gen (so PS5, etc.). I think Rockstar learned from the problems CDPR had with Cyberpunk, although I also suspect they were already planning for the PS5 given what they did with both RDR2 and GTA5.

• Like 2

On 12/1/2023 at 11:03 AM, Dadrian said:

Well I guess the kiddo will finally get that PS5 :) 

ps- I’m not a “gamer” at all. I still play my NES pretty regularly, but I made an exception for Vice City (for obvious reasons). If GTA 6 is even 1/4 as good as Vice City I’M IN! 

Same here, in fact all I do with my PS4 is trying to find ports of 8- and 16-bit games lol. Most recently played Duck Tales :)

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Marc said:

GTA6.webm 3.92 MB · 0 downloads  

the Cheetah (Testarossa) is in GTA V. I think it looks good but that release date, we're all going to be old men. 

I was hoping for April 2024 or September at the latest.

What do you view this file with? And did you mean GTA VI?

There is so much of typical Miami and Florida (esp the bad things) in the trailer I can't even start reacting here in writing to this masterpiece... super hyped.

1 hour ago, Marc said:

I was hoping for April 2024 or September at the latest.

We're talking about Rockstar, not Bethesda or Ubisoft. They won't release a terminally buggy product, so they always have lead time from trailer to game of about a year (sometimes less, but not often). Frankly I'd rather wait for a good product instead of getting a piece of junk that has to be patched every ten minutes and even then (I'm looking at you, Bethesda) doesn't work properly.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Paul Veres said:

Wonder why they released the trailer some 14 hours earlier than they announced they would. 

And here is the answer: 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Paul K. said:

@Dadrian: I believe he means that the GTA V Cheetah will be carried over into GTA VI!

1407ed-Grand_Theft_Auto_V_Screenshot_201

9a201c-1C18193B70433BE434C67A318113815A4

I hope you are right ... the Cheetah was also in Vice City if I remember well.

In GTA Online, the Cheetah is my vehicule of choice ... a white one of course :)

Edited by Kladdagh
  • Like 2

Funny thing is...from today classless standards...the population of the video game looks much more like rio de janeiro / copacabana district...lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Kladdagh said:

I hope you are right ... the Cheetah was also in Vice City if I remember well.

In GTA Online, the Cheetah is my vehicule of choice ... a white one of course :)

The Cheetah has been in pretty much every modern GTA game, and I can't see them getting rid of it. Rockstar has always been very good with its internal continuity with games.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Dadrian said:

What do you view this file with? 

It plays for me with Chrome, webms are like higher quality gifs format. They're still unsupported on some devices though.

• Like 2

City looks nice but filled with obnoxious citizenry. I already get enough of dumb, loud and shameless people in real life. On the plus side, I wont feel guilty ploughing through them in my Testarossa.:)

Also: 2025 for consoles. So we're talking 2026 (at least) before it hits PC. And that's if they release on schedule. These games always release later than they say.

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20231204993583/en/Rockstar-Games-Announces-Grand-Theft-Auto-VI-Coming-2025/

Not that excited given how far away it is from release.

Edited by fakespyder
added link regarding console release
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, fakespyder said:

City looks nice but filled with obnoxious citizenry. I already get enough of dumb, loud and shameless people in real life. On the plus side, I wont feel guilty ploughing through them in my Testarossa.:)

Also: 2025 for consoles. So we're talking 2026 (at least) before it hits PC. And that's if they release on schedule. These games always release later than they say.

Let's see what else later trailers show.

• Like 1

On 12/6/2023 at 2:50 AM, fakespyder said:

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20231204993583/en/Rockstar-Games-Announces-Grand-Theft-Auto-VI-Coming-2025/

Agree, I am not a big gamer but really interested in the computing power side of it, how realistic this is going to be e.t.c. From the trailer seems it can be a decent leap forward. Knowing it takes at least 1.5years from now to come out is not what I wanted to hear. Anyway can't wait to see the final product.

To be honest what I was waiting for is that you could play the game as your own avatar. But then it is going to be GTA VII.

I won't buy a console just to play with it. I wont upgrade my PC just to play with it, I have a lot of friends who will do so, so eventually I will experience this game this way or some other. This is how I experienced GTA V as well back in the day, great to see what they have done, and interested in the product but I will not spend  3-4 hours daily playing a game like I did at the age of 15-16.

Edited by Kalci
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Kalci said:

Agree, I am not a big gamer but really interested in the computing power side of it, how realistic this is going to be e.t.c. From the trailer seems it can be a decent leap forward. Knowing it takes at least 1.5years from now to come out is not what I wanted to hear. Anyway can't wait to see the final product.

To be honest what I was waiting for is that you could play the game as your own avatar. But then it is going to be GTA VII.

I won't buy a console just to play with it. I wont upgrade my PC just to play with it, I have a lot of friends who will do so, so eventually I will experience this game this way or some other. This is how I experienced GTA V as well back in the day, great to see what they have done, and interested in the product but I will not be spend  3-4 hours daily playing a game like I did at the age of 15-16.

Hmmmm...maybe gta vice city was good for those days when it was released, locked to an era...so...this "new version" would suck because its a reboot? Lol