Billy Mays found dead

timm525

Maybe we should re-name the MUTE button the "Billy Mays Button" in his honor :D :dance2:This makes 4 celebrities that have died in the last week, Has Billy started another set? These things do come in threes.

• Administrators

Sorry, no sympathy for this one! I CANNOT stand that man's voice!! He single handedly taught me to appreciate the mute button! Oh well, looks like I don't have to worry about it anymore since he finally kicked the oxy-clean bucket!

Just because he's dead, doesn't mean they'll pull all his ads. Especially the ones that have already been paid for. Keep that remote close, F-Man! I hope this doesn't mean that Vince from Shamwow!/Slapchoptm will get more opportunities to pitch products...

• Administrators

I don't think we have his commerials in the UK thankfully

You have NO idea how lucky you are!

• Administrators

I hope this doesn't mean that Vince from Shamwow!/Slapchoptm will get more opportunities to pitch products...

It's what we call the shark's tooth theory. When one is lost another one just moves up to take it's place!

Aww, I always liked Billy Mays. Never had any of his products until the slider station, but his infomercials were entertaining (to me, at least). Shamwow Vince just may become the new king of Infomercials now.

I liked Billy, he was a very intertaining guy to watch, I heard he was a really nice guy, lived in Tampa, very sad and sudden as well.Rest In Peace, Billy, you will be missed.

He always SCREAMED everything.I always made fun of him, and impersonated him and how he SCREAMED everything. Couldn't stand the commericals.

Lar, we watched Pitchmen, and saw part of his personality on the show. After reading about him, I feel he was a kind, loving man. He was also generous to others. I really hate that this happened, because he worked very hard for what he had, and appreciated it.

He worked his way up, and did work hard to get to where he was. He was a very much in demand pitch man.I have no problem with the man. I just hated the screaming commercials.

Lar' date=' we watched Pitchmen, and saw part of his personality on the show. After reading about him, I feel he was a kind, loving man. He was also generous to others. I really hate that this happened, because he worked very hard for what he had, and appreciated it.[/quote']I caught that show once. I agree, he seemed like a real cool, hard working guy. He will be missed.

• Administrators

My cyberspace medical skills tells me this is another case of Natasha Richardson, where she hit her head skiing, didn't feel too good, went to bed and died.It is a real shame if this was the result of the landing and him hitting his head on the plane.I'm betting that this will be a similar case. And if it is, his family will OWN US Airways when this is done!Just my opinion.

My cyberspace medical skills tells me this is another case of Natasha Richardson' date=' where she hit her head skiing, didn't feel too good, went to bed and died.It is a real shame if this was the result of the landing and him hitting his head on the plane.I'm betting that this will be a similar case. And if it is, his family will OWN US Airways when this is done!Just my opinion.[/quote']I was thinking the same thing, but someone told me he had some sort of heart problem (a clot, I think) that caused him to die in his sleep.

According to the medical examiner, he says that Mays likely died of a heart attack although further tests are needed. He also suffered from hypertensive heart disease, and the wall of the left ventricle of his heart and the wall of one of his arteries were enlarged. Mays was taking prescription painkillers (Tramadol and hydrocodone) for hip pain, but there was no indication of drug abuse. He'd planned to have hip-replacement surgery Monday.

Billy Mays at drive thru was kind of funny. :shout:"HI! BILLY MAYS HERE!:shout:"There was a quick shot of his steering wheel when he was getting hundreds out to pay, I think his car may have been a ROLLS ROYCE!

• Administrators
Billy Mays at drive thru was kind of funny. :shout:"HI! BILLY MAYS HERE!:shout:"There was a quick shot of his steering wheel when he was getting hundreds out to pay' date=' I think his car may have been a ROLLS ROYCE![/quote']Eingefügtes BildHere's the Rolls Royce emblem.http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:h4FEnv4KX6pjvM:http://expensive.name/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/rolls_royce.jpgHere is a Chrysler emblem.http://tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:ZaRv3a6L97VSRM:http://www.orangecoastfleet.com/Chrysler-Emblem/chrysler%2520emblem.jpgI'm going to say it was some kind of Chrysler and not a Rolls. Although he certainly could afford to buy one with his money.

The wings with an "R" in it may be a ROLLS for a wheel logo. They have re designed these type of cars. He was a multi millionaire.Can anyone confirm this logo?(Nice screen shot Timm525:clap:)

• Administrators

If you Google Chrysler emblems and then click on the top at the images, you will see lots of Chrysler emblems. Some of the wing ones are a little different. It may be that the model car he was driving had the "R" in the middle.Certainly he could afford a Rolls, it's just that I don't see a Rolls emblem that is close to the one on the car steering wheel.:confused: