4th of July

miamijimf

Don't be hurt about it pal, it was a LOOOOONG time ago, and the Brits are our closest friends. :flowers:

• Administrators

I'm working too, unfortunately fires don't take holidays.

I'm going to Daytona, so I'll be at the speedway for the "Firecracker 400" (at least that's what I still call it). I'm not looking forward to being outside all day in the intense heat, but at least the main event is after dark. Happy 4th to one and all.

• Administrators
I'm working too' date=' unfortunately fires don't take holidays.[/quote']And you might have a few more on your hands before the night is over with.

I celebrate Canada Day (July 1st here) but I'd like to extend a big Happy 4th of July to all our MV family south of the border (and especially to my other half)!:fireworks:Eingefügtes Bild

I don't celebrate but I wish you all a happy 4th of July! :fireworks:Do you really celebrate with flags, barbecues and fireworks like I see in the movies and series?

I don't celebrate but ...

Haven't you been having a week long party this week - it is Fashion Week in Milan, right? Or was that last week?

I don't celebrate but I wish you all a happy 4th of July! :fireworks:Do you really celebrate with flags' date=' barbecues and fireworks like I see in the movies and series?[/quote']Yes!Just like you see in the movies, we do have fireworks, barbecues, U.S. flags, and we celebrate with family and or friends. It's always very informal, but relaxing. Sometimes, people watch JOHN WILLIAMS conduct marches and patriotic songs with the BOSTON POPS orchestra or other orchestras on TV or in person. Sometimes there are 4th of july parades down certain streets with flags, red, white, and blue colors. It's a UNITED STATES holiday.

That's interesting, I'd like to see the celebrations someday.I'm thinking about going to the California Bakery here and buy a slice of cheesecake or a decent muffin... I'll do it next weekend, when I can eat again! ;)

I'm just barbecueing, the food will be bratwurst and hamburgers, both meals of German origin, will eat off a plate probably manufactured in China, drink out of a glass from Italy, and watch American Action Films, some of which star Al Pacino, an Italian, and Arnold Swarzennegger, an Austrian, makes you proud to be an American doesn't it? :fireworks: P.S. Will also be playing Vice City, made mostly by Brits and Scottish guys.

I'm just barbecueing' date=' the food will be bratwurst and hamburgers, both meals of German origin, will eat off a plate probably manufactured in China, drink out of a glass from Italy, and watch American Action Films, some of which star Al Pacino, an Italian, and Arnold Swarzennegger, an Austrian, makes you proud to be an American doesn't it? :fireworks: P.S. Will also be playing Vice City, made mostly by Brits and Scottish guys.[/quote']Sounds like you'll be having a wonderful multicultural Independence day.:thumbsup:

I'm working too' date=' unfortunately fires don't take holidays.[/quote']Let's take a look at some New Jersey residents that Lou will be dealing with this weekend:Eingefügtes Bild11 Videos Of Irresponsible Fireworks Use - It's that time of the year, when people drive up to Canada to buy illegal fireworks, and then set them off in inadvisable and irresponsible ways. http://www.buzzfeed.com/awesomer/11-videos-of-irresponsible-fireworks-use-cciSorry, Lou. I feel for ya, buddy. Be careful out there.

• Administrators

One of the plumbers that comes out to my hospital can only count to 9 on both hands. This was due to a "home made" firecracker/bomb he made as a teenager. Problem is, it wasn't supposed to go off in his hand! :eek:

........ It's a UNITED STATES holiday .....

for now, unless it too gets wussed out and the ACLU demands equal time for all the 'other' holiday celebrations.....welcome to America, THE United States of America....please, leave your 'hyphen' at the border, port, or back with your generational inception into this country...today (as every day) we are AMERICANS and never "-Americans"Now light the fireworks, and hand me a Heiney...er..I mean Bud !!!

I just played at a club house from 12 - 2 PM. I did my Veterans songs, National Anthem, God Bless America & we had a good time . Now my wife is making sausage & pepper heroes , corn on the cob & some JW Dundee Honey Brown ale! Happy 4th to all ! :fireworks:

• Administrators
It's that time of the year' date=' when people drive up to Canada to buy illegal fireworks, and then set them off in inadvisable and irresponsible ways. Sorry, Lou. I feel for ya, buddy. Be careful out there.[/quote']Thanks Rich but I go to Canada for other "ahem"...interests! ;) Yes fireworks are illegal in New Jersey but any knucklehead only needs to go as far as Pennsylvania to buy them. There you're free to celebrate the 4th by blowing yourself up if you like.No doubt there will be plenty of amateurs lighting them off anyway. I look at it as job security. As long as there are alpha hotels in the world I'll always have a job! So far it's been pretty quiet and yes Pandina we will be barbecuing hot dogs and hamburgers for dinner tonight! :thumbsup:Enjoy a safe and happy 4th of July everyone!